British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Newport Vs Glasgow

Anyone have the lineups for this meeting?

Should be a cracker, with both sides in good form.

Understand that this is the official date for the new floodlights to come on.

This is a definate must win for the Wasps, another 3 PL points will certainly come in handy whilst the Tigers are in the same position as us really, looking for points to get them into the play offs.

I'll go for a 50-43 home win with Kim Nilsson top scoring for the Wasps and Joe Screen for Glasgow.

I have a feeling this will be a great meeting especially with the flood lights being switched on just hope it doesnt get rained off like the rye house meeting, any news on restaging date for that meeting?

I have a feeling this will be a great meeting especially with the flood lights being switched on just hope it doesnt get rained off like the rye house meeting, any news on restaging date for that meeting?

Should be a great meeting, hopefully a Big Crowd foe Friday night under lights, and I've been told that its a Tenner to get in

Should be a great meeting, hopefully a Big Crowd foe Friday night under lights, and I've been told that its a Tenner to get in

Not this Friday Billy --but the Tenner entry will return soon. :approve: With a lot of people having re-admission tickets from last Friday it was decided to just offer Kids for a Quid this week , with Happy Hour in the Bar 6-7, Karaoke after the meeting and the Grand Floodlight turn on .

Just confirmed Sunday Sept 12th with Rye House.

NEWPORT SPEEDWAY MEDIA RELEASE

LIGHTS ON AS WASPS FACE GLASGOW

It will be an historic evening for the speedway stadium at Queensway Meadows on Friday evening when the new floodlights come on during the Premier League match between the Newport Wasps and the Glasgow Tigers with tapes up at 7.45.

The sport was run under lights between 1964 and 1977 at the former track at the now defunct Somerton Park Stadium. There was no speedway in the city until its revival at the new site in 1997 and so that is a 33-year gap.

To celebrate there will be a Happy Hour in the Wasps Nest Bar between 6pm and 7pm, a firework display at the conclusion of the match and a karoake evening in the bar to follow. Importantly there is a special offer on admission for children aged 5 to 15 of 'Kids for a quid!'

Club owner Steve Mallett commented: 'It is a moment we have all looked forward to and I would like to thank Gareth 'Gazza' Ward and his volunteers for turning the project around in only six weeks. We now have more options over our raceday plus we can attract more events to the stadium which is good news for the continuity of the sport in the city.'

On track the visitors have what is regarded as the strongest spearhead in the division after the Scottish club signed the former British Champion, England international and Grand Prix rider Joe Screen this Summer to join another rider also riding outside of the Elite League for the first time in his career in the form of Australian Travis McGowan. They will enjoy support from young Australian Josh Grajczonek who has come on in leaps and bounds this season.

Newport come into the fixture on the back of four consecutive home victories and confidence is high in the camp despite the strength of the opposition. Unlike many clubs the Newport management have not chopped and changed the team when the results were not consistent and are now bearing the fruit of their investment and patience with first season riders Kim Nilsson, Todd Kurtz, Alex Davies and Robin Aspegren.

NEWPORT 'DARLOWS' WASPS:

1. Leigh Lanham ©

2. Craig Watson

3. Kim Nilsson

4. Kyle Legault

5. Robin Aspegren

6. Alex Davies

7. Todd Kurtz

GLASGOW TIGERS:

1. Joe Screen

2. Lee Dicken ©

3. John Branney

4. Travis McGowan

5. Josh Grajczonek

6. Nick Morris

7. Mitchell Davey

Speedway continues at the stadium on Sunday afternoon when the Newport Hornets take on the Isle of Wight Islanders with tapes up at 2.30pm.

For full club details log onto www.newport-speedway.co.uk with previews and results also on the club hotline 09066 555 915(calls charged at 60p per minute).

So you invite Glasgow Down and then decide on a 'Happy Hour' at the bar !!! :blink:

...I guess by the Monday morning, when the bank manager reviews the financial damage to the promotion, this will prove to also be the last meeting ever run under floodlights at Newport. :lol:

So you invite Glasgow Down and then decide on a 'Happy Hour' at the bar !!! :blink:

...I guess by the Monday morning, when the bank manager reviews the financial damage to the promotion, this will prove to also be the last meeting ever run under floodlights at Newport. :lol:

Seems to be no doubt that drrrink will be taken :lol:

Just confirmed Sunday Sept 12th with Rye House.

Cheers,I knew that date had some meaning for me and the Mrs,apparently,it`s our wedding anniversary :rolleyes:

As for this Friday,what a shame that I`m not in work on Saturday,looks like I may have to sample the `Bow :lol:

Cheers,I knew that date had some meaning for me and the Mrs,apparently,it`s our wedding anniversary :rolleyes:

As for this Friday,what a shame that I`m not in work on Saturday,looks like I may have to sample the `Bow :lol:

Such a shame. :D:o

Such a shame. :D:o

I`m a martyr to the cause Tsunami :lol:

Mind you,in my defence,I haven`t had a `Bow for over a fortnight :o

I`m a martyr to the cause Tsunami :lol:

Mind you,in my defence,I haven`t had a `Bow for over a fortnight :o

Didn't know you had died. :o Welcome back. :approve:

Didn't know you had died. :o Welcome back. :approve:

Felt like I had died a few days,I was on the Cisk,and quite nice it was too. :lol::lol: