British Speedway Forum
Pinny

Newport Vs Glasgow

Mmmmmmmmmmm Cisk. Now we are talking.

It`s a lovely drop of stuff,brought back a few bottles to give to a few people in work.

Wether they`ll get them or not is a moot point :wink::lol:

In todays newspaper "Speedway - Glasgow Sweating over the fitness of John Branney ahead of their trip to Newport."

Had a quick flick through it in the pub and that's all it said... I guess that's why I don't read Newspapers, they don't have much worth reading in them! :rolleyes:

Also says on glasgow website that joe screen had to withdraw from the northen riders championship becuase of flu and they are not sure if he will b ok to ride at newport tomorrow! I have just been looking at the speedway section on the south wales argus website and there is a picture of the track with the floodlights on which i must say look very good indeed

Good luck to lego-go who is riding in northen riders championships tonight xx

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/speedway/8339501.Light_entertainment_at_Queensway_Meadows/

The lights look impressive if the photo is anything to go by

Wow they look brilliant, so much more atmospheric! In my opinion a proper speedway stadium needs to have floodlights, the racing looks far more exciting at night and the crowds always seem more lively.

JT.

Wow they look brilliant, so much more atmospheric! In my opinion a proper speedway stadium needs to have floodlights, the racing looks far more exciting at night and the crowds always seem more lively.

JT.

Lets hope the meeting goes ahead( weather not looking to good ) and lets hope they have a Minutes Silence For Torbjorn Harrysson who Passed away This week. A Newport LEGEND

I really hope this isnt another rain off for newports sake and for the sake of all glasgow fans travelling down! The floodlights look amazing and should attract more crowds without a doubt!!

Very sad news about Toby Harrysson - he was one of the best riders ever to wear a Wasps race jacket.

Couldn't have been that old either - will always remember his era at Somerton Park - he was a stylish rider and a real favourite of newport supporters.

Sad news.

BBC Weather online states rain pretty much all day. However metcheck shows showers between 1pm and 7pm .

Would hope this would be on.

A must win and all 3 points for the Wasps hopefully. We need all 3 to mount a serious challenge on the top 8. We are only 7 points adrift with matches in hand on most.

I would also be looking at taking all four points from Stoke on Saturday. A very unsettled team and their top rider has been replaced by a rider of Anders Mellgren standard, and thats putting it lightly.

the weather forecast is heavy rain until lunchtime and light rain afterwards!

not good, lets hope the rain tonight is our share and nice tomorrow :)

Very sad news about Toby Harryson.

toby was one of my first idols in speedway, so spectacular to watch. his all action style is still one of the most exciting i can remember. I was 10 when i first saw him ride and he still remains one of the most exciting riders I've ever seen. his battles with briggo, mauger et al were something to behold for me then as a boy. RIP Toby

JT.

Stand by to receive pelters from the visiting fans this week :P