British Speedway Forum
rhidassa

Isle Of Wight Vs Buxton

Let's see if the weather holds out this week...

Islanders new signing Paul Starke will debut if so, as below press release:

ISLE OF WIGHT: STARKE SIGNS FOR ISLANDERS

FRIDAY AUGUST 13, 2010

THE Wightlink Islanders have signed former Plymouth rider Paul Starke as a replacement for the injured Ben Hopwood. Paul can do a job for us and hopefully will make us a bit more stable as we go all out for the National Trophy and of course with Rye House and Dudley still to come and a visit to Rye on Bank Holiday Monday when Paul will ride for both side on the same day., we can have a say in who goes to the play-off’s too.

Starke will make his Island debut against high flying Buxton Hitmen on Tuesday.

It has all the making of another exciting match, Buxton have already won at the Island and we are determined to make sure they don’t do it twice said team manager Kevin Shepherd. With Craig Cook, who is not only number one at Buxton but also for Premier League side Workington as well, it will be tough, they also track not one but two exciting Australians in Nick Morris and Robert Branford, chuck in the fast starting Adam Allott and you can see why this team are favourites to do a clean sweep in the National League.

The tapes rise at 7.30pm

Also, usual texter for the Speedway Updates is unavailable... If anyone is going who could text updates please send myself or Crazy Sue a message, or leave a message here.

Should be a great meeting and will be tough but i reckon we can come away with a victory which would boost our chances of silverware this season even more.

Let's see if the weather holds out this week...

Islanders new signing Paul Starke will debut if so, as below press release:

Also, usual texter for the Speedway Updates is unavailable... If anyone is going who could text updates please send myself or Crazy Sue a message, or leave a message here.

I should point out before some smart alec does, both clubs, means Rockets first v Stoke and Islanders second v Cobras.

Thanks for that Ken, that's actually somewhat rubbish.. what time are the fixtures on for (estimated time for the second one)? This may be the difference between what I can and cant do that weekend.. :(

Thanks for that Ken, that's actually somewhat rubbish.. what time are the fixtures on for (estimated time for the second one)? This may be the difference between what I can and cant do that weekend.. :(

2pm and approx 4pm

Jeez Ken are you telling me Paul will ride at Rye House at 2-00pm, then travel to the Island for a 4-00pm Tapes up, whats he driving a ferrari GP car with Scumacher driving.?? I mean the rye fixture will probably end at around 3-30 or we will be generous and say 3-00pm..that leaves 1 hour to get down to the Ferry, cross and get to the Track..

Now i just checked on Multi map, and its 110 miles from Rye house to Portsmouth, now if it was Tapes up on the Island at 6-00pm then that would surely be more realistic. :wink:

Edited by greyhoundp

Jeez Ken are you telling me Paul will ride at Rye House at 2-00pm, then travel to the Island for a 4-00pm Tapes up, whats he driving a ferrari GP car with Scumacher driving.?? I mean the rye fixture will probably end at around 3-30 or we will be generous and say 3-00pm..that leaves 1 hour to get down to the Ferry, cross and get to the Track..

Now i just checked on Multi map, and its 110 miles from Rye house to Portsmouth, now if it was Tapes up on the Island at 6-00pm then that would surely be more realistic. :wink:

I think you'll find that the 20-30 mins available, while we watch the tractor racing, will be plenty of time to move from one side of the pits to the other.

Sorry Ken,had my blonde head on, thought it was a home fixture against Rye..now realised i miss read it, and as alan said IOW are away AT Rye... :D

Sorry Ken,had my blonde head on, thought it was a home fixture against Rye..now realised i miss read it, and as alan said IOW are away AT Rye... :D

Ha Ha, the first match is at Stoke the second at IOW!!1 - not really (have to put this as Mr Williams Scrutinises everything I write!!!) he's like a dad to me hahaha :lol:

Ha Ha, the first match is at Stoke the second at IOW!!1 - not really (have to put this as Mr Williams Scrutinises everything I write!!!) he's like a dad to me hahaha :lol:

Pardon Kenneth? :blink: You're in a daze I know as Charlton are unbeaten so far! :P Anyway like a dad to you?? Ye Gods! I don't want any more kids as my lovely only daughter Carys is quite enough to cope with at times ta! :wink:

Must go and pack now as am off abroad to the Isle of Wight shortly! :P

Edited by Bryn

Sadly no updates tonight, but if anyone hears anything, please feel free to post it on the updates thread here.

Any scorers? Or do I stop texting Buxton vs IOW updates...?

Any scorers? Or do I stop texting Buxton vs IOW updates...?

You could have said please! :wink: HAD offered to phone thru updates (txting is a no go given my mangled mitts!) BUT no 'updater' came forward. So helped out by answering questions all night from members of the meeting sponsors' party who had never seen speedway before.

FINAL SCORE: 50-42

SCORERS in prog order):

IOW: Starke 5+1, Smethills 8+1, Warwick 11, Johnson 7+3, Simmons 9, `Felton (who's now 21 + 20!) 7+3, Hill 4+1

BUXTON: Cook 13+2 (max), Morris 11 (inc 4pt TR), r/r, Branford 4, Allot 11, Day 1, Kerr 2+1