British Speedway Forum
rhidassa

Isle Of Wight Vs Buxton

To expand further on the above, firstly it was good to catch up with a lot of people I don't see too often including the likes of Darrell Branford (watch out Buxton as he tells me he's aiming to have a skid there if he can persuade son Rob to lend him a bike!), Jack Lee, Mr & Mrs Lance and Lee Morris whom was picked up from Stanstead airport by Lance circa 3.30pm and dashed south arriving just in time to see son Nick win heat 10!

There was no real hint of the ultimate comfortable Islanders victory as Cook and Morris recorded an impressive 5-1 in the opener although Paul Starke was clearly a tad nervous in his first ride for the home club.

From then on though, the Islanders' septet were by far the more solid side whilst the Hitmen had to rely Cook, Allot and Morris for their points and gained only four heat advantages in total including a last heat 5-! from Allot and maximum man Cook.

Perhaps the main disappointment for home fans was Dean Felton, on the eve of his :blink: :blink: birthday, after paid wins in his first three rides, missing out on his max with a third place in heat 14.

Edited by Bryn

Thanks Bryn. Much appreciated :)

Perhaps the main disappointment for home fans was Dean Felton, on the eve of his :blink: :blink: birthday, after paid wins in his first three rides, missing out on his max with a third place in heat 14.

Happy birthday, Deano... I suppose you'll be going out on the town around the fleshpots of Widnes tonight to celebrate..!!?? :wink::P:D

Thanks Bryn. Much appreciated :)

No worries! :wink:

Happy birthday, Deano... I suppose you'll be going out on the town around the fleshpots of Widnes tonight to celebrate..!!?? :D

You're only jealous of him Parsnips old fruit! :P

You're only jealous of him Parsnips old fruit! :P

Indeed I am - of his youth in particular!!!! :P

It must be heartening for you too, to see riders young enuff to be your grand-children like Deano still doing so well!! :blink:

Indeed I am - of his youth in particular!!!! :P

It must be heartening for you too, to see riders young enuff to be your grand-children like Deano still doing so well!! :blink:

Yes indeed Parsnips old fruit, as you will know from your own personal experience! :wink:

Edited by Bryn

Any scorers? Or do I stop texting Buxton vs IOW updates...?

Next time, take the update, and you'll get scorers as they happen. ;)

Sorry Bryn, I can't take calls or texts at the moment, just no signal! :(

Next time, take the update, and you'll get scorers as they happen. ;)

But how would I update the site? I wasn't home!

If I'm home and can update, I update!

Can anyone post heat details?:)

1. Morris Cook Smethills Starke

2. Hill Felton Day Kerr

3. Warwick Johnson Branford Kerr (Day exc Tapes)

4. Allot Simmons Hill Day

5. Cook Warwick Johnson Morris EF

6. Smethills Allot Starke Day

7. Simmons Felton Kerr Branford

8. Smethills Morris (TR) Kerr Hill

9. Allot Warwick Johnson Day

10. Morris Starke Smethills Branford

11. Cook Simmons Morris Hill (EF)

12. Warwick Felton Branford Kerr

13. Cook Simmons Starke Allot

14. Johnson Branford Felton Kerr

15. Allot Cook Warwick Johnson

Could someone please provide the first name of the rider called 'Day' who rode for Buxton at number 6 last night, so I can update the Buxton Facebook page with his appearance details, Thanks. :)

Could someone please provide the first name of the rider called 'Day' who rode for Buxton at number 6 last night, so I can update the Buxton Facebook page with his appearance details, Thanks. :)

Scott Day

I think you'll find that the 20-30 mins available, while we watch the tractor racing, will be plenty of time to move from one side of the pits to the other.

wont need the FASTCAT then??? :unsure:

Happy birthday, Deano... I suppose you'll be going out on the town around the fleshpots of Widnes tonight to celebrate..!!?? :wink::P:D

yep ill be celebrating in style by washing my bikes :neutral: