British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
philcrumpisgod

Plymouth Devils V Newport Hornets

Looking foward to this NT encounter between Plymouth and Newport tonight should be a close meeting :) good luck to both teams and especially tim webster who is making his come back tonight, hoping newport will get a point from this

Any news on the guest for hot toddy tonight??????

Good luck to timbo on his return a decent score would be warmly welcome & cheered by the hornets faithful

Glad that your back tim :approve:

Hope luke can continue his upturn in racing seems to have done alright this week guesting & away at monmore, so keep it up :approve:

Special mention to tom young hope he has a good meeting on his birthday :wink:

Any news on the guest for hot toddy tonight??????

Good luck to timbo on his return a decent score would be warmly welcome & cheered by the hornets faithful

Glad that your back tim :approve:

Hope luke can continue his upturn in racing seems to have done alright this week guesting & away at monmore, so keep it up :approve:

Special mention to tom young hope he has a good meeting on his birthday :wink:

I am glad tim is back too :) im sure he will prove to newport that he is worthy of a team place! I hope luke goes well tonight as well. And a very happy birthday to tom young :D no injuries tonight please!! By the way it is lee smart who is in place of Todd tonight, good luck to him!

Anyone know what is up with luke priest? On the updates it said its r/r for him??

Mod Note: text speak translated - please do not use text speak

Another excellent away win for the Hornets.

This one dragged on and on,with no fully functioning tapes,elastic starts,and finally green lights.The last 3 races were well after the 9.30pm curfew! Was it really worth risking any potential problems?

Margaret Vardy was so inconsistent with the starts,it became farcical in the end.So much so that in Ht15,Stephens,a surprise choice to the Devils fans,was half a bike length up before the others had moved! Some she let go,others were pulled back.In many ways it was a relief when it was over.

Ht4 was very eventful. Twice rerun as Kyle Newman fell.Genuine 1st bend bunching on each occasion.Credit due to Ben Reade,who gated well,and simply held his line as they all came together.He rode well all night.Pleased to see him progressing.I know on the updates it says that quote '' Newman down again on the 1st turn and its all 4 back again. Crowd not happy as Newman seemed to go down quite easily after missing the gate'' unquote. I hadnt realised at the time that in fact it was Reads footrest going through Kyles front wheel and removed half a dozen spokes! On those incidents,I thought they were correctly handled,despite my obvious interest in Kyle.

Many Devils fans around me were very surprised that the meeting went way beyond the curfew.That said,they did admit that had Plymouth got a 5-1 to lead in Hts 13 or 14,it may well have been halted!

I must admit,Lee Smart isnt on my list of favourite riders.However last night he was awesome.Electric starts or 1st turns all night.Even in Ht15 where he was being well blocked with the team riding of Glanz/Stephens,he didnt give up.On bend 2 of the last lap,he had his only real chance to split them.Boy did he ever! Went by Stephens so fast that he almost took Glanz as well.Terrific ride.One of those that even if the result goes against my team,I could only stand,applaud and admire.Well done Lee.Fair play to the Devils fans who reacted very sportingly and gave him a rousing ovation.

Not the best of nights,with words being exchanged with Mrs Vardy well after the end of the meeting.

Thanks to Chris,Mel,Big Dave,Kirsty,all Devils fans,for your company.It makes coming down there a pleasure.Oh,better not forget the 'yokel farmer' who is always very entertaining with his friendly insults.(At least I think they are!)

Another excellent away win for the Hornets.

This one dragged on and on,with no fully functioning tapes,elastic starts,and finally green lights.The last 3 races were well after the 9.30pm curfew! Was it really worth risking any potential problems?

Margaret Vardy was so inconsistent with the starts,it became farcical in the end.So much so that in Ht15,Stephens,a surprise choice to the Devils fans,was half a bike length up before the others had moved! Some she let go,others were pulled back.In many ways it was a relief when it was over.

Ht4 was very eventful. Twice rerun as Kyle Newman fell.Genuine 1st bend bunching on each occasion.Credit due to Ben Reade,who gated well,and simply held his line as they all came together.He rode well all night.Pleased to see him progressing.I know on the updates it says that quote '' Newman down again on the 1st turn and its all 4 back again. Crowd not happy as Newman seemed to go down quite easily after missing the gate'' unquote. I hadnt realised at the time that in fact it was Reads footrest going through Kyles front wheel and removed half a dozen spokes! On those incidents,I thought they were correctly handled,despite my obvious interest in Kyle.

Many Devils fans around me were very surprised that the meeting went way beyond the curfew.That said,they did admit that had Plymouth got a 5-1 to lead in Hts 13 or 14,it may well have been halted!

I must admit,Lee Smart isnt on my list of favourite riders.However last night he was awesome.Electric starts or 1st turns all night.Even in Ht15 where he was being well blocked with the team riding of Glanz/Stephens,he didnt give up.On bend 2 of the last lap,he had his only real chance to split them.Boy did he ever! Went by Stephens so fast that he almost took Glanz as well.Terrific ride.One of those that even if the result goes against my team,I could only stand,applaud and admire.Well done Lee.Fair play to the Devils fans who reacted very sportingly and gave him a rousing ovation.

Not the best of nights,with words being exchanged with Mrs Vardy well after the end of the meeting.

Thanks to Chris,Mel,Big Dave,Kirsty,all Devils fans,for your company.It makes coming down there a pleasure.Oh,better not forget the 'yokel farmer' who is always very entertaining with his friendly insults.(At least I think they are!)

Hi Bob, sorry I didn't get to see you for a chat last night. As ever, a balanced and fair appraisal of events last night. To be honest it was a relief once it was all over :neutral:

I would like to say, in the defence of the referee, that the loss of the starting gate is not something that ANY ref would look forwards to with any great anticipation. Have to say that Newport chose their guest rather well. His PL machinery and experience was evident for all to see.