British Speedway Forum

Mr Len Silvers got it wrong with Ty Nelson and he has many years of experience.

So Lennie's managing Newport as well? No wonder he never has time to water the track.

So Lennie's managing Newport as well? No wonder he never has time to water the track.

It cost us supporters to watch speedway in GB and we do treat the sport more seriously than some!

It cost us supporters to watch speedway in GB and we do treat the sport more seriously than some!

Life is too short to take anything seriously, June.

This coming Aussie season I'll be attending ten meetings over 24 days in six different cities and towns in four different states, covering over 20,000 km, involving about 9 flights and a few train or bus rides, plus several nights' accomodation at a variety of pubs & motels and peoples' floors ( Thanxx Trackman!).

Unlike some on here I won't be whingeing about the cost to watch my favourite sport and see my heroes in action. I don't wanna die with the most toys in my toybox, or wondering why I never saw a particular rider or meeting because it cost too much - gotta keep the national economy going! (If I had the bucks I'd be on the plane to Polska for the final GP of the season, if only to see Crumpy go back-to-back.)

Of course I'll be looking forward to the plethora of little things that make up a good trip - new tracks to visit; new people to meet; catching up with ol' mates; gastronomic delights such as the Steak Sangers at Mildura and the Hot Dogs at Gillman, plus the odd side trip to a couple of houses of ill-repute for a therapeutic massage - with a happy ending!

Hopefully a couple of Marcus' Poms make it through to the Australian Solos Championships; even if they do take the place of a couple of young Aussies they'll be there because they're good enough, and not because of some outmoded quota system or because some nitpicker's got a chip on their shoulder.

PS I'm still looking for Sponsorship - $10 gets you the privilege of buying me a coupla beers; $100 should help me score something to ensure I don't miss a single moment of the trip (snoooooooooooooooooooort!) and $1,000 should ensure me the night of my dreams with a coupla nubiles in a posh Sydney Root-a-rama/Gentleman's Establishment. Dig Deep - you know it makes absolutely no sense at all!

Just read through 11 pages to find out when Mark Jones is back off to Oz, and I still don't bloody know!:rolleyes:

Just read through 11 pages to find out when Mark Jones is back off to Oz, and I still don't bloody know!:rolleyes:

I'll put you out of your misery. He went home last week.

He went last week sometime after riding at Dudley which was his last match. Tim Webster is now back in the Hornets side.

Edited by Jayne

I'll put you out of your misery. He went home last week.

WHOOSH!!!

He went last week sometime after riding at Dudley which was his last match. Tim Webster is now back in the Hornets side.

Double WHOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:P