British Speedway Forum

Firstly, there has been absolutely no 'little englander' style postings on this thread, all have been about Mark's possible visa issues.

It doesn't matter if he is from Australia, America or Outer Mongolia, if his visa does not allow him to work here, then he is an illegal rider, just as Tyson Nelson was. I highly doubt that all the Commonwealth riders in the league are racing illegally is true, that would mean a major cock up on the part of pretty much every promoter in the league plus the BSPA and even that is unlikely IMO.

Did Tregoning not go home last year quite early due to his visa?

I honestly can't see the BSPA allowing Jones to virtually complete a season illegially... not just a cock up on Newports behalf if true but an even bigger one by the sports governing body.

There is one explanation that I can think of...

I wonder whether the Borders Agency have (recently?)changed the rules :unsure:

Of course it should be up to the BSPA to keep up to date with any changes - and to check visas. As I've previously stated - if a photocopy of each rider's visa was logged at the BSPA there would be none of these concerns or discrepancies. Perhaps thats too simple and logical...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier5/youthmobilityscheme/eligibility/whocanapply/

How long can you stay for?

If you are given permission to stay under the youth mobility scheme, you will be able to live and work in the United Kingdom for a maximum time of 24 months.

You can leave and come back to the United Kingdom at any time during the length of your stay under the youth mobility scheme.

Just curious but is it possible to apply for a yms visa for a shorter period of time? :unsure:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier5/youthmobilityscheme/eligibility/whocanapply/

Just curious but is it possible to apply for a yms visa for a shorter period of time? :unsure:

But why would a rider wish to return home before the end of a season :unsure:

Especially - why would a rider wish to return home before the end of the season when his team could be in with a chance of winning the League and/or winning the playoffs - and the Cup (?)

I can't see a youngster willingly going home and missing out on possible glory - or willing (possibly) messing up his team's chances of honours...

I would just like to add there as been an almighty silence, thats deafening, from Officialdom at the Track concerned on this subject, and i know for a fact they DO come on HERE, and i am presuming they have read this thread.

I honestly hope the rider is NOT on a Tourist visa, not for any other reason, than for the integrity of the Persons, Club, Bspa, and the Sport in general, I dont want to see points deducted etc,etc,etc I would rather ANY Team win whatever fairly and squarely, not because of this that and the other, that happens OFF Track.

So it would be very easy to put this subject to bed once and for all. :(

It doesn't matter if he is from Australia, America or Outer Mongolia, if his visa does not allow him to work here, then he is an illegal rider, just as Tyson Nelson was.

Tyson Nelson did one meeting before it transpired he couldn't ride. I think if the same was true of Mark and the other Aussies then there would've been much shouting at the start of the season rather than hints of possibilities at the end.

Edited by Stoaty

Tyson Nelson did one meeting before it transpired he couldn't ride. I think if the same was true of Mark and the other Aussies then there would've been much shouting at the start of the season rather than hints of possibilities at the end.

I think that timing is everything...

Tyson Nelson did his one meeting half way through the season. Any other Aussie has begun the season with a team - and now we see one returning home before the end of the season.

I'd presume that there would have been shouting at the beginning of the season if riders returning home dates were known.

The BSPA and promoters really do underestimate supporters... we can Google Borders Agency information - we can suss out irregularities - we can see weaknesses/inconsistencies in decisions made by the BSPA - we can work out when promoters are (maybe) 'pulling a fast one'.

Before these Forums promoters and the BSPA may have been able to 'work things out between themselves' - but nowadays supporters have ways of communicating and finding out their own information - and are therefore less gullible and more informed...

I would just like to add there as been an almighty silence, thats deafening, from Officialdom at the Track concerned on this subject, and i know for a fact they DO come on HERE, and i am presuming they have read this thread.

I honestly hope the rider is NOT on a Tourist visa, not for any other reason, than for the integrity of the Persons, Club, Bspa, and the Sport in general, I dont want to see points deducted etc,etc,etc I would rather ANY Team win whatever fairly and squarely, not because of this that and the other, that happens OFF Track.

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with what you've written here gp, I would like to make it clear that I didn't start this thread with the intent of trying to force our club into making a potentially embarrassing defence of their employment of Mark, it was simply to ask if anybody knew when he was due to leave us (for whatever reason) and whether or not Tim might return in Mark's place when he left.

Beginning to think BFD was right and I shouldn't have bothered airing the question on here.

If and I say IF Mark jones was found to have been riding when he was not on the right visa not only would it affect Newport but what about the clubs that he has guested for and the points he has scoered for them?

But why would a rider wish to return home before the end of a season :unsure:

Maybe he has other things to do? A life outside of british speedway? :unsure:

I was just airing a question......in the hope someone who knows more about the regulations regarding the yms visa might be able to answer it.

IMO if he is riding illegally newport should be punished.

But unless i knew the facts (which i hasten to add i dont) i dont think its right to speculate or presume anything.

p.s. not directed at you scribbler, from what ive read you have only asked questions regarding the situation with the hope of gaining factual enlightenment, to answer and resolve the aforementioned questions.

<loads of speculation>

But unless i knew the facts (which i hasten to add i dont) i dont think its right to speculate or presume anything.

:D:lol:

This (and most other) forum thrives on speculation.

:D:lol:

This (and most other) forum thrives on speculation.

:rolleyes: maybe,

personally idve gone for banter as the thing that forums thrive on :wink:

Edited by shirlmeister general

I've Been awaiting MAINMANS reply to this for days now, he is usually very quick off the mark to any critasisum of newport speedway

BFD was right.

Love your work, Phil!

I've Been awaiting MAINMANS reply to this for days now, he is usually very quick off the mark to any critasisum of newport speedway

Not as quick as you are to slag off the Newport Promotion every chance you get.

Love your work, Phil!

Not as quick as you are to slag off the Newport Promotion every chance you get.

Well what do you expect from someone that's 54 & 59 years old (look at his profile) probably argueing with himself all day. :o