Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I've Been awaiting MAINMANS reply to this for days now, he is usually very quick off the mark to any critasisum of newport speedway

Been waiting for a reply for days on a post that was made 8 hours before yours. Well done.

Firstly, there has been absolutely no 'little englander' style postings on this thread, all have been about Mark's possible visa issues.

I suggest you re-read the thread then, Ben, if you can't see the scribbled allegations from the usual suspects.

I suggest you re-read the thread then, Ben, if you can't see the scribbled allegations from the usual suspects.

BFD why not re-read the posts in this thread - including the one about my links to Australian Speedway (and to BobC - also a friend of the Guasco family).

My own(scribbled :lol: ) gripes have been against the BSPA and promoters who (possibly) made wrong decisions about who to include in teams. The riders, such as Tyson Nelson, may or may not be in the wrong. They're young, enthusiastic kids wanting to ride Speedway and may or may not have been aware of the implications of riding on the wrong visa. The adults in all this - the BSPA and promoters - should know the rules, and should know if the rules have been broken... I await their comments with interest...

BTW BFD - your posts can be read - if one so wishes - as anti-Brit... :wink:

BFD why not re-read the posts in this thread - including the one about my links to Australian Speedway (and to BobC - also a friend of the Guasco family).

My own(scribbled :lol: ) gripes have been against the BSPA and promoters who (possibly) made wrong decisions about who to include in teams. The riders, such as Tyson Nelson, may or may not be in the wrong. They're young, enthusiastic kids wanting to ride Speedway and may or may not have been aware of the implications of riding on the wrong visa. The adults in all this - the BSPA and promoters - should know the rules, and should know if the rules have been broken... I await their comments with interest...

BTW BFD - your posts can be read - if one so wishes - as anti-Brit... :wink:

Scribbler me dear, I DID re-read the thread when Bennyboy posted his piffle, just to make sure I was correct before posting.

Would you like to put forward any proof of your rule-breaking allegations, or will you just take the easy way out and change the subject - again?

As for me being anti-anything, I'd prefer to think my posts were pro-Speedway, but I'm quite happy for people to read whatever they want in them - its a free world after all, and the less petty, self-serving rules the better. Definitely anti-little englander, by the way; poor souls can't even get their figures right.

Pop Quiz time - how many Aussies are riding in the National League? Here's a hint - you can count them on the fingers of one hand.

BFD, I really don't see any of the usual complaits about Aussie's in the NL. There's complaits towards the BSPA for possibly allowing at least one rider to ride illegally. All those who have posted, have hoped that this is not the case because it may impact the rider at a latter stage getting a visa over here and the general intergrity of the sport. One person has mentioned Milldenhall closing down as the reason for Tim Webster losing his place rather than because of an Aussie. Anyway, I hope the Hornets maintain as strong as possible to defeat Dudley!

Pop Quiz time - how many Aussies are riding in the National League? Here's a hint - you can count them on the fingers of one hand.

Dave,does that include Aussies that are brits when it suits them? :wink:

BFD, I really don't see any of the usual complaits about Aussie's in the NL.

How's about this one? Scotch Mist, eh? Ol' mate dribblin' on as usual.

Yet another reason for a 'Brits only' in the National Development League.

One person has mentioned Milldenhall closing down as the reason for Tim Webster losing his place rather than because of an Aussie. Anyway, I hope the Hornets maintain as strong as possible to defeat Dudley!

G'day mate, hope you're well?

I thought you'd be a Dudley fan, seeing as they're on your doorstep? See you next year, hopefully, unless my new diet works too well and I vanish down the plughole.

Dave,does that include Aussies that are brits when it suits them? :wink:

Come on montie, you can do better than that, can't you?

I wouldn't be welcome in my local pub if I was ever seen supporting the 'Spoon's :P

I hope they do well, but come play off times will be cheering for Buxton!

I wouldn't be welcome in my local pub if I was ever seen supporting the 'Spoon's :P

I hope they do well, but come play off times will be cheering for Buxton!

Its a mouth-watering prospect, The Hornets v the Hitmen - easily the two best-balanced teams in the league. With mates involved with both teams I'm torn. but I'd have to go for my home-town boys.

I was thinking of going to see Buxton next year but geez they're a hard track to access via public transport.

Its a mouth-watering prospect, The Hornets v the Hitmen - easily the two best-balanced teams in the league. With mates involved with both teams I'm torn. but I'd have to go for my home-town boys.

I was thinking of going to see Buxton next year but geez they're a hard track to access via public transport.

Now honestly Dave you didnt think you were going to get away with that comment ?? <easily the two best-balanced teams in the league> now if you had said arguably, i would not have ignored it, I would agree up to a point,and it was only because Dudley did not announce they would be riding in the NL, that Buxton ended up with the best reserve in the NL, ie Nick Morris, personally my opinion is that Buxton have the best team, but The Heathens, must run your lot pretty close, and i guess the truth wont be known until Newport come up to Monmore, or we face each other either in Play offs or KO Cup, yes i have to agree you ommered us down at your place, but we dont have the best gaters in the world, and by all acounts, Queensway meadows is not ideal for overtaking, but my defence of that is,its the same for everyone who rides there.

Also it has to be remembered we have been without our N0 2 rider all season, personally i think he would have been No1, Ben Taylor he has never completed a race for us this season, now we have lost his replacement Jon Armstrong, Then we lost our No 3 rider, Adam Mckinna he never even did a race for us, but hey we are still up there thanks to some astute signings by the management, and i will go so far as to say, had we been able to Track young Nick, it would have been a 1 bike race for the NL in all competitions, but as it is its going to be an interesting end to the season..

I just hope all this conjecture about Mark is groundless, but i getting more worried as time goes on, that there may be some truth in the Tourist visa thingymbob, mostly because NO-one has come on here to deny the conjecture, and i think you know who i mean by that Dave, as he is a good friend of mine also. :wink: anyway cant wait for Newports visit to Monmore when we should see a great match, and hopefully Mark WILL be in the Team.

You're worse than Sandie for name dropping!

BFD, I really don't see any of the usual complaits about Aussie's in the NL. There's complaits towards the BSPA for possibly allowing at least one rider to ride illegally. All those who have posted, have hoped that this is not the case because it may impact the rider at a latter stage getting a visa over here and the general intergrity of the sport.

My complaint has been about the (seeming)incompetence of the BSPA and promotion...

My comment about Aussies and the NDL that BFD managed to find is because these confusions about who is Aussie - who is Aussie but can use patriality...and then ride for Australia - and now who is riding on the right visa... Frusration about the status of riders gets one feeling that it would be easier for all if there were only Brits in the League. It doesn't make me a 'little Englander' - it makes me a Speedway supporter - worried about the silence on the matter and how all these issues are affecting the sport at this level. The Tyson Nelson affair wasn't Speedways finest hour :rolleyes:

BTW do Aussies normally call females 'Old mate' :blink:

BTW do Aussies normally call females 'Old mate' :blink:

'Ken Oath.

Well, Mark has now ridden his last home meeting for the Hornets as his stated scheduled return date is 2nd September.

Quoted in the Star, Laurence Rogers states that the club intends to sign a new rider soon ".......because Mark Jones' six month UK permit is up in early September and he has to go back to Australia".

I'm not an expert on UK Border Agency rules by any stretch so does anybody know what these 6 month permits are and does this now confirm that Mark's stay and competing for the Hornets was completely kosher?

As far as ontrack matters are concerned, Mark leaving leaves us needing to fill a big hole in the team which could see us seriously weakened if we don't get a strong replacement. With only away fixtures left to complete, we have already dropped to 3rd and our silverware quest for the season could be seriously undermined. I sincerely hope that the club have something substantial up their sleeve so that the season does not drift away after such an excellent start.