British Speedway Forum
stressed

Weymouth Vs Plymouth 21/08/10

Saturday 21st August 2010

National League Trophy

WEYMOUTH vs PLYMOUTH

WILDCATS ARE ON TONIGHT

WEYMOUTH Weyline Wildcats National League trophy meeting against Plymouth Devils tonight is ON. Promoter Phil Bartlett said “The track is fine, we have had rain and drizzle but it’s all systems go for tonight.”

Tonight’s meeting starts at 7.15pm prompt.

This is great news, particularly after the disssapointment of last night's meeting at Plymouth being rained off :(. I am expecting some great racing as normal when the Devils come to Weymouth. Also looking forwards to seeing how Dan Halsey does down here, after scoring 7+2 down here with Bournemouth he should'nt dissapoint.

MEETING ON now at the track, weather horrible all around the area but track is fine.

Wildcats 43

Devils 31

Abandoned after heat 12 due to poor visibility.

Result stands.

Edited by stressed

MEETING ON now at the track, weather horrible all around the area but track is fine.

Wildcats 43

Devils 31

Abandoned after heat 12 due to poor visibility.

Result stands.

God bless the old old British weather: Dorset seaside town in er, mid-August!! :shock:

What was that the muppets at the Met Office said about this August being a "heat wave"... :angry:

Cue 21CH who'll explain why/how it is that his pals at the Met Office weren't wrong!!! :rolleyes:

Well that was a first for me, a meeting abandoned for fog! Shame cos it was a good meeting and I was impressed with the new look Wildcats who had strength in depth.

Dan Halsey was particularly impressive until his spill which looked nasty. Hope he's ok

Well,it rained all the way from Poole to within 3 miles of the track.Amazingly,it was very dry.

Not the best of meetings,to be truthful.Understandably,the track was underwatered.Rock hard,slick and dusty.

Some strange decisions from referee Tony Steele.Several times he pulled the Devils riders back at the start,yet seemingly let several 'Cats attempts to carry on.Very inconsistent starts.

Super debut for Dan Halsey,unbeaten till his last ride,when he lifted wildly and fell,bringing down Stephens.Fortunately both walked away after treatment.It seemed a strangely subdued Devils performance,only 3 heat wins in 12 races.Not sure why Mason felt the need to kick out at Bates on the wind down in Ht3.

At one stage,I saw 4 riders leave the tapes,only for 3 to appear on the back straight.I honestly didnt see what happened to the other one!(Gough f/rem).It wasnt the dust that was the problem,but the mist/fog.I had a job to see the St Johns at times even with their high vis jackets on.Correct decision to halt the proceedings,even though the Devils could have still won.

I was stood by the entry to the 3rd turn.I had the pleasure of HalifaxTigers company.It was a pleasure to chat with him throughout.Cheers Chris.

God bless the old old British weather: Dorset seaside town in er, mid-August!! :shock:

And the bloody weather caused the Bournemouth Air Festival to be cancelled for the day as well!

What was that the muppets at the Met Office said about this August being a "heat wave"... :angry:

They must of been thinking back to 1976 :P

I was stood by the entry to the 3rd turn.I had the pleasure of HalifaxTigers company.It was a pleasure to chat with him throughout.Cheers Chris.

You had the pleasure of talkin to me too :rolleyes:

Bin :wink:

You had the pleasure of talkin to me too :rolleyes:

Bin :wink:

Cough.....Pleasure?...cough....cough! :wink:

Just got back, a little earlier than planned as the Bournemouth match was rained off. :(

Not a bad meeting and I was surprised it was on at all because it was raining everywhere else nearby.

Fully understandable decision to call it off as the mist was getting worse.

Good to see BobC again and listen to his views on British speedway. Often caustic, but absolutely reasonable, all too accurate and very consistent with those expressed by Proud Potter at Buxton the week before.

And the bloody weather caused the Bournemouth Air Festival to be cancelled for the day as well!

They must of been thinking back to 1976 :P

I never cease to be amazed by the human race. Although warm in Bournemouth when I arrived it was raining steadily, if lightly. The beach however was packed(aside from the crowds come to see the air show) and there were dozens in the sea. :blink:

Apologies for not saying Hi, Tim. I tried to catch your eye but you were busy and the next time I looked you were up in the box.

Apologies for not saying Hi, Tim. I tried to catch your eye but you were busy and the next time I looked you were up in the box.

Just gate crash next time :D

Didn't know you were there, shame the weather wasn't better, see you next time round.

Just gate crash next time :D

Didn't know you were there, shame the weather wasn't better, see you next time round.

Bet old 'Halifax' wasn't wearing his shorts this time..?! :P

Thjough if he was, you might've been grateful for the heavy mist!!!! B)