Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Concrete Cowboy

I Really Need Someone's Help.

Just 1991 to go !.

My sincere thanks to all those who helped me in this new project.

That's going to take a little more digging CC, but we'll come up with it sooner or later!

Just 1991 to go !.

My sincere thanks to all those who helped me in this new project.

That's going to take a little more digging CC, but we'll come up with it sooner or later!

I blame Peter Oakes for writing his history of the British League too early....

I blame Peter Oakes for writing his history of the British League too early....

I agree - he should have waited another 13 years :D

No photos of Dennis Mallett, but I do have a few albums packed with photos of the Knights (including my dad) from between 81 and 82/83. I mentioned them a while ago, but then we couldn't find them... they've now re-appeared, so I'll upload quite a few over the next few days, and if The Concrete Cowboy would like to use a few in his site, I'm sure it could be sorted out. B)

No photos of Dennis Mallett, but I do have a few albums packed with photos of the Knights (including my dad) from between 81 and 82/83. I mentioned them a while ago, but then we couldn't find them... they've now re-appeared, so I'll upload quite a few over the next few days, and if The Concrete Cowboy would like to use a few in his site, I'm sure it could be sorted out. B)

I'll take whatever you can e-mail P.F.

Send them to trelawnytiger@aol.com and i'll credit you on the new site.

Thanks

Chris

No photos of Dennis Mallett, but I do have a few albums packed with photos of the Knights (including my dad) from between 81 and 82/83. I mentioned them a while ago, but then we couldn't find them... they've now re-appeared, so I'll upload quite a few over the next few days, and if The Concrete Cowboy would like to use a few in his site, I'm sure it could be sorted out.  B)

I'll take whatever you can e-mail P.F.

Send them to trelawnytiger@aol.com and i'll credit you on the new site.

Thanks

Chris

Basically I've now scanned in 2 albums worth of photos (something like 35 pictures, including a fair few of my dad), leaving two albums to do another night... now if it'll just let me upload the files, I'll let you all know the address...

right... here are the addresses of the pages showing the photos...

Pictures Page 1, Including LADA Indoor speedway 1981

Pictures page 2, Mostly of my dad...

B)

wow PF those photos of the Wembley indoor are great. i remember going to that as a wee young un, i'd have been about 10!

brings back great memories of the Blue floor turning black, and the multi coloured straw bales for the safety stoppers! and the tremendous noise inside the arena of four bikes on full power!

great sponsorship from Lada, but could you imagine how that would be seen nowadays, Lada cars paradeing the riders round!! :o

the first and original indoors!

wow PF those photos of the Wembley indoor are great. i remember going to that as a wee young un, i'd have been about 10!

brings back great memories of the Blue floor turning black, and the multi coloured straw bales for the safety stoppers! and the tremendous noise inside the arena of four bikes on full power!

great sponsorship from Lada, but could you imagine how that would be seen nowadays, Lada cars paradeing the riders round!! :o

the first and original indoors!

great memories of the indoor meetings at Wembley too...

went to all of them (think the first was '79) and even got to go down into the pits area and have a wander around there.

Also remember at one of them we had to go down to see Ivan and ended up in the changing rooms chatting with Kenny Carter :oops:

you might want to change the info on the site PF as they were in Wembley Arena not Crayford :blink:

Edited by stevehone

oops... The background kinda confused me... it said crayford, obviously they weren't there. :oops:

unfortunately I can't take the credit for the photos... as I wasn't around til some 5 years after the event...

as far as the problem with where it took place, I'll change that tomorrow when I scan in and upload the other two albums worth of photos...

among the goodies tomorrow are;

photo and autographed photo of Bob Humphreys

photos from canterbury

and various other autographs and photographs (which I can't remember the names of from when my mum told me about 2 minutes ago)

photo and autographed photo of Bob Humphreys

Bob Humphreys was a top fella...

he owned the old training track at Elfield Park when i was learning to ride...

and i used to get his old Dunlop tyres off him when most were using Pirelli.

Bob Humphreys was a top fella...

he owned the old training track at Elfield Park when i was learning to ride...

and i used to get his old Dunlop tyres off him when most were using Pirelli.

And I supplied those tyres in the first place as part of my sponsorship

I must have watched you having a spin on many occasions Steve.......its a small world.

Edited by Team Man