British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whippy

Klys V Plymouth

Yes like you Mike, we do not like these clashes either as it means the NDL team supporters lose out on seeing the riders they support, not begrudging them riding pl of course but we are not supporters the senior team. Plus this could be last meeting of the season for us as supporters as we are away and there ain't many meetings left. :( :( :(

Let's hope for a decent turnout of supporters at the NA on Sunday.

Edited by whippy

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

A day of speedway at the NA - Southern Track Riders Association's latest meeting gets underway at noon - hence myself being up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday! :shock:

Edited by Bryn

A day of speedway at the NA - Southern Track Riders Association's latest meeting gets underway at noon - hence myself being up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday! :shock:

If you've not already left Bryn, you'll need your thermals and muffs to keep the strong wind out of your delicate lugholes.

Have a good day. I'm still undecided whether to go to Birmingham or not. It's such a predicament when the two teams are racing on the same day and one of us wants to be at the NA whilst the other would prefer a day out in Brummie land.

Don't worry about Bryn, he will be up in that heated referees box!!! As to deciding where to go, ignore the Bank Holiday traffic and get down to the NA - you know it is the only place to be!!!

If you've not already left Bryn, you'll need your thermals and muffs to keep the strong wind out of your delicate lugholes.

Have a good day. I'm still undecided whether to go to Birmingham or not. It's such a predicament when the two teams are racing on the same day and one of us wants to be at the NA whilst the other would prefer a day out in Brummie land.

No Mike, you have to be at the NA :D :D Just think you might get there and find it rained off ha ha :D : Thermals will be needed tonight me thinks as it is pretty chilly today and the wind will blow the cobwebs away thats for sure. :o :

Don't worry about Bryn, he will be up in that heated referees box!!! As to deciding where to go, ignore the Bank Holiday traffic and get down to the NA - you know it is the only place to be!!!

Yeah I know the NA is the only place to be, it's trying to convince management of that!! : :blink:

COURTESY OF LIVE UPDATES SITE

Sad we couldn't be there - well done Jake!!!!!!!!!!!

Kings Lynn Young Stars = 41

1. Barrie Evans [G] - 1, 2, 2, F/x = 5

2. Scott Campos - 0, 1', 0, 2', 1' = 4+3

3. Jake Knight - 2, 3, 1', 2, 2, 2 = 12+1

4. R/R for Adam Lowe - (SC 1', LK 0, DM 2, JK 2)

5. Darren Mallett - 2, 3, 2, 1, 1 = 9

6. Chris Widman - 2', 0, F = 2+1

7. Lewis Kerr - 3, 1', 0, 3, 1', 1', 0 = 9+3

Plymouth Devils = 49

1. Nicki Glanz - 3, 2, 3, 3, 3 = 14

2. Jaimie Pickard - 2', 1', 1, 2' = 6+3

3. Matt Bates - 0, 1', 0, 3 = 4+1

4. Seemond Stephens - 3, 2, 3, 3 = 11

5. Mark Simmonds - 3, 3, 3, 2', 1 = 12+1

6. David Gough - 1, 1, 0, 0, 0 = 2

7. Ben Reade - 0, 0, 0 = 0

Ref is Paul Carrington

Heat Results

Devils won the toss and go off 1 and 3 in heat 1

Heat 01: Glanz, Pickard, Evans, Campos 1-5, 63.78

Line Up: Evans, Campos, Glanz, Pickard

Comments: Devils emerged from the 2nd bend in front and thats how it stayed.

Sponsored by www.enjaydesigns.net

Heat 02: Kerr, Widman, Gough, Reade 5-1, 6-6; 66.72

Line Up: Widman, Kerr, Gough, Reade

Comments: From the gate, although Widman slowed on the last lap, but Gough not close enough to take advantage.

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Stephens, Knight, Campos, Bates 3-3, 9-9; 65.03

Line Up: Knight, R/R Campos, Bates, Stephens

Comments: Campos is the rider replacement. Two races in one, but Stephens holds off Knight up front and Campos holds off Bates for 3rd.

Sponsored by: Speedway fans, we will take your favourite picture and turn it into an awesome one-off gift, check us out at www.createaclock.co.uk

Heat 04: Re-run: Simmonds, Mallett, Kerr, Reade 3-3, 6-6; 64.28

Line Up: Mallett, Kerr, Simmonds, Reade

Comments: Re-run after Mallett gets a flyer. From the gate in the re-run.

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Knight, Glanz, Pickard, Kerr 3-3, 15-15; 63.53

Line Up: Knight, R/R Kerr, Glanz, Pickard

Comments: Kerr is the r/r for Kings Lynn. From the gate for Knight (Updaters comment, Knight seems to be going well, sounds like a good youngster).

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Simmonds, Evans, Gough, Campos 2-4, 17-19; 64.25

Line Up: Evans, Campos, Simmonds, Gough

Comments: Two races in one again, with the 2 Devils winning their individual battles to hold off the Young Stars pair.

Sponsored by

Heat 07: Re-run: Mallett, Stephens, Bates, Widman 3-3, 20-22; 64.57

Line Up: Mallett, Widman, Bates, Stephens

Comments: Widman warned for moving at the start, all 4 back. From the gate.

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Kerr, Campos, Pickard, Gough 5-1, 25-23, 65.68

Line Up: Campos, Kerr, Pickard, Reade Gough

Comments: Gough replaces Reade for the Devils. From the gate for the Lynn pair but Pickard not far away from Campos, not close enough to pass though.

Sponsored by

Heat 09: Simmonds, Mallett, Knight, Reade 3-3, 28-26; 64.06

Line Up: Knight, R/R Mallett, Simmonds, Gough Reade

Comments: Reade replaces Gough for Plymouth and Mallett is the r/r for Lynn. From the gate for Simmonds. Reade made a mistake on bend 4 of lap 1, but was never really in contention.

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - inthedirt.co.uk - facebook.com/inthedirt

Heat 10: Stephens, Evans, Campos, Bates 3-3, 31-29; 66.40

Line Up: Evans, Campos, Bates, Stephens

Comments: From the gate for Stephens but Evans was very very close for all 4 laps. Stephens just hung on!

Sponsored by

Heat 11: Glanz, Pickard, Mallett, Widman(fell) 1-5, 32-34; 64.34

Line Up: Mallett, Widman, Glanz, Pickard

Comments: Mallett gated but Glanz hard under him on 1st turn pushing him wide in the process. That allowed Pickard to nip up the inside for a Devils 5-1. Widman fell bend 4 lap 3.

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Bates, Knight, Kerr, Gough 3-3, 35-37; 64.66

Line Up: Knight, Kerr, Bates, Gough

Comments: Devils gated on a 5-1 but Knight passed Gough exiting turn 2 on lap 1 and was never far from Bates. Kerr passed Gough up the inside of turn 3 on the final lap.

Sponsored by

Heat 13: Glanz, Simmonds, Mallett 1-5, 36-42; 64.68

Line Up: Evans, Mallett, Glanz, Simmonds

Comments: Stopped. Evans fell after pulling a locker on bend 2 of lap 2 and is excluded, Devils on a 5-1 at the time. From the gate. This is Mallett's first meeting back since his illness where he was in intensive care, (updaters comment: so fair play to him)!

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Stephens, Knight, Kerr, Gough 3-3, 39-45; 67.06

Line Up: R/R Knight, Widman Kerr, Stephens, Reade Gough

Comments: Gough for Reade for Plymouth and for Kings Lynn Knight is the r/r and Kerr replaces Widman. From the gate. Good battle on the last lap between Kerr and Gough. Gough passed Kerr entering bend 3 but Kerr repaid the favour exiting bend 4. (Updaters comment: Get in we won away)!!

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 15: Glanz, Knight, Simmonds, Kerr 2-4, 41-49; 64.78

Line-up: Kerr, Knight, Glanz, Simmonds

Comments: Devils won the toss and go off 1 and 3. Glanz all the way, Knight rode a good race to hold 2nd. Devils take all 4 points!!

Sponsored by Deadlock Clothing - www.deadlockclothinguk.com

Good to see Jake top scoring :approve: Nice one so it seems for Lewis Kerr too...

Well, I did finish up at the Norfolk Arena, which was certainly a good choice on my part.

Although it could never be described as a classic, it was definitely a very entertaining meeting that could have gone either way. Sadly for us Young Stars fans it went the way of Plymouth, and congratulations to them for that. When you consider that there had been in excess of 50 races on the track in the afternoon, courtesy of a Southern Track Riders meeting, Buster Chapman has to be complimented for providing such a superb raceway for the evening, in such a short space of time.

It was good to see Darren Mallett back on a bike again following his lengthy time on the sidelines with a nasty illness. King's Lynn rider of the meeting for me however was Jake Knight, who once again showed a maturity beyond his years. His progress this year has been quite startling, and exciting times look to be ahead for this 18-year old local lad. The same can also be said of Snettisham's Lewis Kerr, who headed the field on two occassions last night.

As for Plymouth, well they have as a stronger top three as any in the country, and will always present a problem to the opposition.

Nicki Glanz is a very talented rider, who must be destined for the Premier League in 2011. Mark Simmonds & Seemond Stephens have got the t-shirts so to speak, and look super charged on their zimmer frames :lol: I was also impressed with Jaimie Pickard.

So well done and thanks to all thirteen riders on show last night, a good gutsy performance from each and everyone of you.

Okay, can I now offer my apologies to those of you who were disappointed at the lack of a Track Shop last evening, particularly the Plymouth supporters who wanted to purchase badges and the gentleman who had a bundle of Devils programmes to swap.

I can assure you that we always provide a merchandise outlet, but circumstances beyond our control deemed otherwise last night. Every attempt was made on Wednesday to get the stock to me, but a combination of traffic jams caused by a series of road accidents, and the eventual postponement of the 'Stars' league meeting, prevented this happening.

Jaybea left the Felixstowe warehouse at around 2.30pm encountering all sorts of problems en-route finally getting to West Winch on the A10 some couple of hours later. Now as you local people know, that is only about a 10-minute drive from the Norfolk Arena, however, a serious accident caused the road to be closed until around 7.00pm, and those that were on the road were stuck with nowhere to go.

I came from a completely opposite direction, leaving home at 4.10pm and arriving at the stadium just before 5.40pm, a journey that would normally take around 20-minutes. The reason for my lengthy journey was unknown, other than for volume of traffic, which seems to be the norm these days, and I suppose is the penalty one pays for living at a popular coastal resort (I had a similar problem last night).

It's a problem you good folk encounter a lot yourselves I know, especially in the Torbay area, and on the notorious M5.

With regards to the programmes, I'm fully aware of the fact that most tracks supply their Track Shop with a bundle of programmes at the conclusion of each meeting, and that used to be the case at King's Lynn. However, these days, there are seldom many if any left, and one can't expect a promoter to print extras just so that he can give them away at the end of the night, business doesn't work like that. All I can suggest is that you write to the speedway office with your request to see if they can help, and I can assure they will if they can. Alternatively the other option would be to see if any supporters are selling their unwanted copies on e-bay.

As for the 'Young Stars' badges, then they are definetly available, and can be purchased through www.enjaydesigns.net/

I hope that information has been of some help to you, and can only apolgise once again for your disappointment on this occassion.

Mike