British Speedway Forum

Well done Larsen but was gutted for Ryan who was leading when he final was stopped :shock:

Get away with you lol they hadn't even reached the first bend before it was stopped cos our two tangled in the inside.

You were back early from the pub I see, but still appear to have had a fair few shandys! :lol:

:D :D :D :D

Get away with you lol they hadn't even reached the first bend before it was stopped cos our two tangled in the inside.

That's one way of looking at it :D

Updates say "Larsen cut across Bach going into first bend and knocked him off."

Firstly, congratulations to Kenni who was a very worthy and deserved winner. I was also pleased for David Howe, I really like the guy and he rode very well today and deserved his rostrum place. I felt for Rene Bach after his crash who on the whole was probably the best rider on the day if not joint best with Kenni, hopefully he will be able to have another go next year and stays in the PL.. perhaps he needs a big track next year though, like Sheffield :wink: Josh Auty gave it a good go and had a few good races but in some class company didn't quite do enough in the semi final.. his time will come though and I think he worked hard tonight.

There were 1 or 2 disappointments. Lyons and Sundstrom were 2 riders I felt could have done something, Frampton was another - I really like Jordan but he wasn't himself tonight. Whether it was injury or something else, I hope he sorts it out soon, he's far better than that performance.

Edited by tigerblues

They did tangle on the 1st bend however by the time the red lights went on Ryan was coming out of the 2nd with Howe.

Larsen was good all night so not a suprised him winning it

Well Done to Kenni Larsen, who is a worthy Champion, although I have to say that Rene Bach rode really well and could well have won but for taking a tumble in the Final.

Well done to Kenni. I really feel for Rene though - but one of them was always going to end up disappointed because they couldn't both win.

Taylor Poole really impressed me tonight - I thought he'd be out of his depth in this field but he tried really hard and scored quite well as a result.

Jordan Frampton on the other hand wasn't much good. I still don't understand why he was given the place over Mark Lemon. The programme stated that the wild cards were given to 'the highest-averaged riders who were not their club's No. 1'. Thgerefore surely Mark deserved the place. If he has a higher average than most of the league he shouldn't be penalised because Kenni and Rene were already in!

I felt for Rene Bach after his crash who on the whole was probably the best rider on the day

I agree, Bach especially early on was absolutley fantastic. I felt for him in the final after Larsen went into him. He didnt look the same in the final to to a combination of bike damage and effets from the heavy fall. I take nothing away from Kenni Larsen, he like Bach was outstanding. Both were a sight to behold in the early stages, if they gated that was it basically no-one could catch them. It was fitting Kenni Larsen won it as its proably his last year at this level.

David Howe deserved second place, a rider I have alot of time for as hes one of the most professional riders around. Fishers move in Heat 19 was the move of the meeting, he went from third to first on the last lap after Gathercole fell earlier in the race. Auty started slow but came to life later on but just missed out on the final.

Jason wasnt that bad I thought, he got 3 comfortable second places and challenged Fisher in Heat 15. The killer was when he had the EF, it was a race I precdicted he would win as it looked his easiest on paper. The last race last place was expected as he was up against Larsen, Howe and Auty. Its still been an excellent season in the super 7s for the Brummies, we cant win them all I guess. :P

I was most disapointed in the Rye House two. Ive seen Sundstrom perform much better than that, real let down I thought. Last Year I seem to remember Frampton doing well at Sheffield so its a mystery as why he was so poor tonight. Whats happened to Tomas Topinka, he has really dropped his form this year.

Well done Kenni Larsen.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Thank you to everyone for an absolute brilliant day. :wink:

Just home now and am very tired and ready for my kip, but what an exceptional Speedway event :approve:

It was my first visit to Sheffield, but I have to say, I loved the oldy-worldy 'Once a Jolly Swagman' venue... with the big crowd, it is how I imagine Speedway used to be once upon a time!

Well done to Kenny... He was my tip for the title at the start and simply blew the field away with a Gollob'esque performance.

Cheers to everyone I met and will see some of you in Poland in a fortnight :D

Night all and thanks again,

B) o6uoq

Edited by BongoBrian

Really enjoyed my first trip to Sheffield. Well done to Kenni Larsen, and many thanks to Berwick Speedway Supporters Club for another successful away trip. :wink:

Congrats to Kenni Larsen on a fantastic win but have to say that I am totally gutted for Rene Bach as I think he at least deserved a rostrum place. Well done to Howe who I thought was really good as was Fisher :blink: , who I thought was hard charging all nite without being dirty and his outside pass in 15 I think was brilliant.

Once again big congrats to Kenni and chin up to Rene bach, the title will be yours next year.

Thank you to everyone for an absolute brilliant day.

Just home now and am very tired and ready for my kip, but what an exceptional Speedway event

It was my first visit to Sheffield, but I have to say, I loved the oldy-worldy 'Once a Jolly Swagman' venue... with the big crowd, it is how I imagine Speedway used to be once upon a time!

Well done to Kenny... He was my tip for the title at the start and simply blew the field away with a Gollob'esque performance.

Cheers to everyone I met and will see some of you in Poland in a fortnight :D

Night all and thanks again,

B) o6uoq

Nice one BB :approve: Good to hear you enjoyed yourself A satisfied customer at speedway is always good to hear about! :approve: Though i'm sure someone will be on for a good gripe soon about the hotdogs,the chips were a wee bit cold, or that they had to park their car 10 miles away and had to walk the rest of the way etc.Something along those lines! :rolleyes: Sheffield is a great venue and racetrack though isn't it?Superb stuff!Congrats to Kenni,David and of course the Majestic Flyin' Ryan Fisher!Well done to all

Edited by Young51

Another enjoyable PLRC at Sheffield. Crowd even bigger than last year, if I'm not mistaken, with most clubs well represented (distinct lack of noise from the Rebels and Stars, though !).

After 16 heats it looked like the "Diamond Duo" were going to walk it, but the last programmed rides saw plent of others staking a claim gonig into the semi-final/final.

Congratulations to Kenni Larsen for his victory, not may would argue that it wasn't well deserved. Commiserations to Rene Bach. He had beaten Kenni fair and square in the heats and his fall in the final obviously effected him in the re-run (he was still trying to straighten his front wheel at the start line !).

Ryan Fisher and Josh Auty supplied plenty of excitement all day, and when Josh reeled off three striaght wins to make the semi I had visions of Ricky stealing the crown from under the noses of Ward and Proctor last year :o . Josh would be pretty much unbeatable at Owlerton if races were over five laps instead of four.

Congratulations to Divid Howe, consistently quick all day, and got a great cheer when he dived under Ryan in the final :lol: . Fourth in 2009, second in 2010, one better in 2011 ? If it's at Sheffield again ( and I certainly hope that it will be)I wouldn't bet against him.

Of the rest it was all pretty even with Lee Complin having his moments and Taylor Poole not looking out of place. Jordan Frampton was a major disappointment (after I had "bigged him up" :unsure: before the meeting).

Here's to doing it all again next year :D