British Speedway Forum

So that makes him one of the worst riders to win the pairs too? William James mcdonald

Been a few decent riders to win the pairs over the years , Ashworth is decent but when it comes to the P.L.R.C it is an insult he has ever won it , look at the winners over the years and Ashworth isn't in there class.

Has he ever had a season when he has averaged over 9 for a year ?.

seconded. it's a shared event which needs a big crowd to generate revenue for ALL the clubs.who's gonna bring in more people - ashworth or lemon (for example) ?

Agree with that.

So that means Lemon all day long

I'd let Kim Nilsson go in after his performance at Sheffield ;)

Won't matter as it will not be 2nd highest average heatleader from the another club my guess is that the line up will be something like this.

Berwick; Rymel

Birmingham; Lyons

Edinburgh; Ryan Fisher

Glasgow; Joe Screen

Kings Lynn; Tomas Topinka

Newcastle; Kenni Larsen

Newport; Leigh Lanham

Redcar; Gary Havelock

Rye House; Linus Sundstrom

Scunthorpe; David Howe

Sheffield; Josh Auty or Ricky Ashworth

Somerset; Cory Gathercole

Stoke; Taylor Poole

Workington; Craig Cook

And the other two places will be

Mark Lemon

Travis McGowan

Personally i would prefer to see Ashworth in the PLRC, obviously as a Sheffield fan for me the more Sheffield riders the better. But we have to pick the riders fairly, that being the top 16 riders possible.

It would only back up the opinion that he is one of the worst riders to win the P.L.R.C , IMO.

That honour goes to Ian Barney

Im sure the MC will come up with a rule that wont allow Joe Screen to race in it, something like you need to have raced 20 matches for your club :wink: Lets face it they did for the pairs and the fours :rolleyes:

Im sure the MC will come up with a rule that wont allow Joe Screen to race in it, something like you need to have raced 20 matches for your club :wink: Lets face it they did for the pairs and the fours :rolleyes:

Well we're always wanting them to be consistant so ........................... :rolleyes:

Lemon = zzzz , better with a rider who will race and entertain people.

Just as a reminder to yourself and any others who feel Ashworth add's more to the meeting then Lemon I refer you to the following from Sheffield v Newcastle Premier League match 8/7/10 at Owlerton :

Ricky Ashworth - 2, X, 3, 0 = 5

Mark Lemon - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 15 MAXIMUM

Anyone who was there that evening will tell you that Lemon definitly didnt = zzzz that night. However will Lemon still be ahead of Rene Bach in the Newcastle averages come 1st September greensheets ?

Just as a reminder to yourself and any others who feel Ashworth add's more to the meeting then Lemon I refer you to the following from Sheffield v Newcastle Premier League match 8/7/10 at Owlerton :

Ricky Ashworth - 2, X, 3, 0 = 5

Mark Lemon - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 15 MAXIMUM

Anyone who was there that evening will tell you that Lemon definitly didnt = zzzz that night. However will Lemon still be ahead of Rene Bach in the Newcastle averages come 1st September greensheets ?

Lemon is good from the gate , he doesn't really entertain me.

If they are going to have Wild Card places as such , why not make some thing interesting about it.

Let fans vote for it , pick between a few riders and have an on line vote , or let fans pick the most entertaining rider across the season or the most entertaining rider from the other Super 7 events.

It should be the top rider from each club followed by the two highest second averaged riders, rightly so.

Although to be honest, I think to make this meeting more of a specticle, they could have the top two riders from each club and figure out a format for a 28 rider line up (gotta be one?).

Regarding Ashworth, he shouldnt be included in this years event unless he qualifys but the slagging off of him aint fair. He won the meeting on the day fair and square, thats all that matters.

just like Rymel

Now he is a bit like that aye , wont get me arguing that.

Lemon is good from the gate , he doesn't really entertain me.

just like Rymel

Now he is a bit like that aye , wont get me arguing that.

This was quite entertaining wjm, surprised you didn't remember it...there again, it wasn't Paul Clews ;)

2008 PLRC heat 16

Edited by Shadders

This was quite entertaining wjm, surprised you didn't remember it...there again, it wasn't Paul Clews ;)

2008 PLRC heat 16

Don't think wjm was at that meeting actually darling.. :rolleyes:

Adrian can be gate and go but when he needs to be, as seen in the clip supplied by my lovely other half, he can be a hard t**t B)

I fully expect the same again this year :approve: