British Speedway Forum

This was quite entertaining wjm, surprised you didn't remember it...there again, it wasn't Paul Clews ;)

2008 PLRC heat 16

As I said , now he is a bit like that ... that race was going on 2 years ago.

And yes given the number of fantastic races Clewsy is involved in , it is hard to remember them all , but I am more of a Complin fan any way. :wink:

Don't think wjm was at that meeting actually darling.. :rolleyes:

News to me.

As I said , now he is a bit like that ... that race was going on 2 years ago.

Are you saying Adrian is over the hill?... You'll have B4E on your back for that!! :D

Are you saying Adrian is over the hill?... You'll have B4E on your back for that!! :D

I wouldn't say over the hill no ,he is getting closer to the veteran stage of his career though , more often than not he will do the sensible thing now rather than going a bit mental and making mistakes like he used to.

Seen him a few times this season sit behind riders at Shielfield and more often than not he will finish a race where he is when he leaves the second bend , and doesn't really force or challenge the rider in front of him , the way other riders in the team do or the way Adrian used to.

Nothing wrong with that , it is just part of maturing I suppose.

Edited by wjm

I've already got one plonker always on at me the minute he sees Adrian having a "poor" night.... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say over the hill no ,he is getting closer to the veteran stage of his career though , more often than not he will do the sensible thing now rather than going a bit mental and making mistakes like he used to.

Seen him a few times this season sit behind riders at Shielfield and more often than not he will finish a race where he is when he leaves the second bend , and doesn't really force or challenge the rider in front of him , the way other riders in the team do or the way Adrian used to.

Nothing wrong with that , it is just part of maturing I suppose.

I do agree in the fact that Adrian does seem a bit reluctant at times now but there have also been times when a hard ruthless side of him has come out... He does what he needs to!

here start time is 5pm if thats right the bspa should think of the fans for a change, will be bout 8 when its finished,then a long journey home for some fans ,then up early for work monday morning ,cmon bspa think of the paying public for a change !!!

here start time is 5pm if thats right the bspa should think of the fans for a change, will be bout 8 when its finished,then a long journey home for some fans ,then up early for work monday morning ,cmon bspa think of the paying public for a change !!!

5:30 I believe.. as you say could be a very late finish for travelling fans.

Im sure the MC will come up with a rule that wont allow Joe Screen to race in it, something like you need to have raced 20 matches for your club :wink: Lets face it they did for the pairs and the fours :rolleyes:

Or maybe for walking on the cracks in the pavement!

Or maybe for walking on the cracks in the pavement!

Why don't you get someone to propose you for the MC then GB2? Or would they be too embarrassed to vote on a Promoter who ordered a team to cheat to lower their averages and introduce Screen? allegedly of course as you were found "not proven"? There again, why not really sort out the rules at the annual promoters cock up/piss up and stick to them for the entire year?

Or accept that Speedway is so ludricous that rules need tweaked every 10 minutes? What's it to be?

Why don't you get someone to propose you for the MC then GB2? Or would they be too embarrassed to vote on a Promoter who ordered a team to cheat to lower their averages and introduce Screen? allegedly of course as you were found "not proven"? There again, why not really sort out the rules at the annual promoters cock up/piss up and stick to them for the entire year?

Or accept that Speedway is so ludricous that rules need tweaked every 10 minutes? What's it to be?

Ouch! ;)

Very fair point. :approve:

Is there any reason why it cannot start at 3pm, for instance ?

Surely that will draw a larger gate ?

Speedway (or, more accurately, its rules) isn't ludicrous or it certainly need not be. What is ludicrous is that rules seem to be broken (or bent to an unreasonable degree) every five minutes to suit the needs of individual promotions. That damages its to credibility to everyone but most importantly its own paying spectators, who see the motivation for such decisions is self interest with the sports reputation completely brushed aside.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have had the pleasure of the company of Proud Potter and Bob C, two lads who have been watching and/or supporting and/or promoting speedway for many years and for whom I have the most profound respect. Their disillusioned comments with the way that speedway is run and the way that its regulations are bent and broken every five minutes were painful to hear. :(

Until we get an independent adjudicator (or, as Proud Potter suggested, a panel) to make judgements on disputes and issues and create a body of binding case law this simply won't go away.

Good post Halifax tiger......dont think theres a fan in the land who would disagree with a panel as suggested. but it won't happen- will it?

Agree totally Halifax tiger, good post. That's more or less what I was told at Peterborough at the fours, even promoters are disillusioned. Closed shop at the top table and even any ideas or suggestions to take the sport forward are frowned upon, not followed up or thrown out. Sad really and no wonder attendances are down at most places. We have to strive for an independent panel or body to govern or adjudicate speedway or fear loosing it to the monopoly and bias that goes on.

Edited by Arson fire

If they started it at 3, there'd still be people complaining about that (like the crowd of alcoholics that need a few hours in the pub 1st :rolleyes:)

Very fair point. :approve:

Is there any reason why it cannot start at 3pm, for instance ?

Surely that will draw a larger gate ?

Speedway (or, more accurately, its rules) isn't ludicrous or it certainly need not be. What is ludicrous is that rules seem to be broken (or bent to an unreasonable degree) every five minutes to suit the needs of individual promotions. That damages its to credibility to everyone but most importantly its own paying spectators, who see the motivation for such decisions is self interest with the sports reputation completely brushed aside.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have had the pleasure of the company of Proud Potter and Bob C, two lads who have been watching and/or supporting and/or promoting speedway for many years and for whom I have the most profound respect. Their disillusioned comments with the way that speedway is run and the way that its regulations are bent and broken every five minutes were painful to hear. :(

Until we get an independent adjudicator (or, as Proud Potter suggested, a panel) to make judgements on disputes and issues and create a body of binding case law this simply won't go away.

Fantastic post

If they started it at 3, there'd still be people complaining about that (like the crowd of alcoholics that need a few hours in the pub 1st :rolleyes:)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: