British Speedway Forum
waco

Rye Cobras V Scunthorpe Sat 28th Aug 7pm

Well the heavens have just opened here in Hoddesdon and rivers are running down the road. I'm still at home but will leave shortly to see whats happening. Its chucking it down.

Don't know what part of Hoddesdon you are in but there were no rivers running down the roads...

Meeting was very good, wouldn't have felt short changed if I'd paid to go tonight. Buzz Burrows is always highly entertaining, wonder whether he'd fancy being the Conras old hand next year? :P

Yeah a good meeting and result, thank heavens for Evans and Lee had a good night too. I'm in the Broxbourne part of Hoddesdaon :rolleyes: , as soon as I reached Hoodesdon blue sky :D - was very heavy here though.

Really good stuff i thought. One classic round the outside leg trailing win from Buzz, good stuff too from Steve Worrall. Marc and Joe had good returns from injury, Evans was a different man from when i last saw him at Bournemouth and congrats to Lee Strudwick, great performance.Another fine advert for NL racing.

Yeah a good meeting and result, thank heavens for Evans and Lee had a good night too. I'm in the Broxbourne part of Hoddesdaon :rolleyes: , as soon as I reached Hoodesdon blue sky :D - was very heavy here though.

I see :lol: we did have some heavy showers, you must have had the worst of it :P Rye v Scunthorpe always seems to be a cracking meeting whatever venue competition.

I see :lol: we did have some heavy showers, you must have had the worst of it :P Rye v Scunthorpe always seems to be a cracking meeting whatever venue competition.

Good meeting with incidents and some great passes..Cobras had strength in depth tonight except for the unlucky Tom Stokes who tried really hard before a hand injury put him out of the meeting..Marc and Joe did well on their comebacks and Lee was back on form..Barry Evans was an excellent guest .and David and Shane chipped in with more than usefull points...For the visitors Buzz Burrows was his usuall entertaining self,backed by Steven Worrel and Ashly Birks...Mondays match will be tougher,,on paper at least,the I.O.W have been in good form lately....

Good to hear that our youngsters put in what sounds like a decent performance......A first at Rye for some of the lads I think, and the team being without Benji, don't suppose the lads can complain. What can you say about Buzz.....he's the best, Isn't he? :):):):)

Good meeting and cracking result for Rye. Good to see Joe Jacobs back on a bike and looking his old self after a tentative first ride. Barry was Barry, great rider at NL level and a real team man. Luke was fast all night and everyone bar the unlucky Stokes chiped in with good scores. For the visitors Buzz looked good and so did Steve Worrall, and I was very impressed with Ashley Birks, one to watch! :wink:

All in all a good meeting :approve:

Good meeting and cracking result for Rye. Good to see Joe Jacobs back on a bike and looking his old self after a tentative first ride. Barry was Barry, great rider at NL level and a real team man. Luke was fast all night and everyone bar the unlucky Stokes chiped in with good scores. For the visitors Buzz looked good and so did Steve Worrall, and I was very impressed with Ashley Birks, one to watch! :wink:

All in all a good meeting :approve:

Luke? Do you mean Lee Strudwick? :P

An OK meeting but considering the weather it was good, impressed with the Worrall brothers and Birks scored some important points not to mention Burrows 4th bend pass, Jacobs and Owen looked fast back from injury but tomorrow's meeting will be harder, although conditions maybe easier...

Nice too that I didnt take half the track home with me.

Natural watering seems to work best at Rye as it is way too dry and dusty

for the majority meetings - especially the 2pm verieties.

Entertaining it was, plenty to talk about and we run in a reasonable time. some footage will go on the Mercury site. :approve: DVD's available at the track tomorrow.