British Speedway Forum
jules m

Weymouth V Newport

Any news on the line ups on this one? Should be a good meeting tho weather been a bit rubbish down here in usually sunny Dorset:-/

Reckon the Wildcats could win this one.

Jules

Any news on the line ups on this one? Should be a good meeting tho weather been a bit rubbish down here in usually sunny Dorset:-/

Reckon the Wildcats could win this one.

Jules

HERE

Should be quite close with evenly matched teams. Will be down to watch Mr Newman fill his boots (hopefully), while he probably turns more of my hair grey with his exploits on the 1st and 2nd bend!!

Lets hope newport do well tonight! Any updates for this meeting? No injuries would be nice, how is the weather in weymouth?

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Weather is delightful :-) And master Newman was responsible for my grey hairs too, wonder if we could claim compensation from him.

Jules

Doesnt look like there are any updates! If someone recieves information of the score can you please keep us updated!

There is a possibility that there may be some basic information being posted on Updates, nothing confirmed or def as yet but the possibility is there.

There is a possibility that there may be some basic information being posted on Updates, nothing confirmed or def as yet but the possibility is there.

Thats great thanks sue i shall keep my eye on it!

Never any doubt about who was going to win this meeting.Just a few observations.

Ht1,Kurtz was well ahead,when his bike slowed,or was it forgetting to turn the fuel on? Bekker slipped by for the win.

Ht3 Jones and Atkin touched handlebars after Jones got out of shape going into turn 3.

Ht4 Newman with a sublime win,coming from 4th to 1st.The only time he led was in the run up from the pits to the line,pipping Cockle.Fantastic ride.

Ht6 Newman again from the back and stalking Bekker,lined him up only to have a puncture.Very lucky to finish,let alone remain in 2nd place.

Ht9 Hornets on an easy 5-1 coming down back straight,when Kyle lifted wildly.Quite how he didnt crash,I honestly dont know.He certainly scraped the boards on 3rd turn.We were all patting our chests with relief.On the wind down lap,so was he! :shock:

Ht10 saw a nasty collision with Bekker(on double pts) and Atkin on the 1st turn.Early reports suggested a broken collarbone for Byron.Sincere Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.He has been superb for the 'Cats all season.He will be missed.

Ht15 was controversial to say the least.As the riders left the tapes,the red lights came on for a split second,before being switched off again.Anyone else notice this? Then Brown fell on 3rd turn,while 4th,retired on 1st lap.Then Newman was unceremoniously dumped into the 3rd turn fence by Cockle.I dont think anyone expected Kyle to be excluded.Except the referee,Dale Entwwistle,that is.Absolutely crazy decision.

Never mind Kyle,you are going places within speedway where Cockle can only dream of. :approve:

By now it was after the 9.30 deadline.We all expected it to be declared as 37-49.I know Phil Bartlett was told of the time,but he seemingly ignored it.So at just after 9.35pm,we had a meaningless match race!

Jules,be thankful you didnt go.A warehouse full of Grecian 2000 wouldnt have saved you tonight! :wink:

Scorers.

Weymouth

Bekker 3,3,inj = 6

Halsey 1,0,1',2 = 4+1

Brown 3,2,0,1',fx = 6+1

Mason 0,0,1' = 1+1

Cockle 2,2,4,1',2 = 11+1

Andrews 1,0,0,2 = 3

Cottham 0,1',2,1,0,2,2 = 8+1

Newport

Kurtz 2,3,3,3,3 = 14

Priest 0,1,3,1 = 5

Jones 2,1,3,3 = 9

Atkin 1',3,1,3 = 8+1

Newman 3,2,2',0,fx = 7+1

White-Williams 3,1',3,0 - 7+1

Young 2',0,0,fx = 2+1

Some lively action with a good win for the Hornets.

Never any doubt about who was going to win this meeting.Just a few observations.

Ht1,Kurtz was well ahead,when his bike slowed,or was it forgetting to turn the fuel on? Bekker slipped by for the win.

Ht3 Jones and Atkin touched handlebars after Jones got out of shape going into turn 3.

Ht4 Newman with a sublime win,coming from 4th to 1st.The only time he led was in the run up from the pits to the line,pipping Cockle.Fantastic ride.

Ht6 Newman again from the back and stalking Bekker,lined him up only to have a puncture.Very lucky to finish,let alone remain in 2nd place.

Ht9 Hornets on an easy 5-1 coming down back straight,when Kyle lifted wildly.Quite how he didnt crash,I honestly dont know.He certainly scraped the boards on 3rd turn.We were all patting our chests with relief.On the wind down lap,so was he! :shock:

Ht10 saw a nasty collision with Bekker(on double pts) and Atkin on the 1st turn.Early reports suggested a broken collarbone for Byron.Sincere Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.He has been superb for the 'Cats all season.He will be missed.

Ht15 was controversial to say the least.As the riders left the tapes,the red lights came on for a split second,before being switched off again.Anyone else notice this? Then Brown fell on 3rd turn,while 4th,retired on 1st lap.Then Newman was unceremoniously dumped into the 3rd turn fence by Cockle.I dont think anyone expected Kyle to be excluded.Except the referee,Dale Entwwistle,that is.Absolutely crazy decision.

Never mind Kyle,you are going places within speedway where Cockle can only dream of. :approve:

By now it was after the 9.30 deadline.We all expected it to be declared as 37-49.I know Phil Bartlett was told of the time,but he seemingly ignored it.So at just after 9.35pm,we had a meaningless match race!

Jules,be thankful you didnt go.A warehouse full of Grecian 2000 wouldnt have saved you tonight! :wink:

Scorers.

Weymouth

Bekker 3,3,inj = 6

Halsey 1,0,1',2 = 4+1

Brown 3,2,0,1',fx = 6+1

Mason 0,0,1' = 1+1

Cockle 2,2,4,1',2 = 11+1

Andrews 1,0,0,2 = 3

Cottham 0,1',2,1,0,2,2 = 8+1

Newport

Kurtz 2,3,3,3,3 = 14

Priest 0,1,3,1 = 5

Jones 2,1,3,3 = 9

Atkin 1',3,1,3 = 8+1

Newman 3,2,2',0,fx = 7+1

White-Williams 3,1',3,0 - 7+1

Young 2',0,0,fx = 2+1

Some lively action with a good win for the Hornets.

Bob, girls don't use grecian 2000 lol its bad enough watching the updates and listening out the window i can imagine what Kyles doing without acutally being there lol