British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers

That's what I was hoping, and also betting that that would be your reply. :o Not knocking your vast knowledge but I think Kevin's view on the track is a tad more applicable in this case. :approve:

:shock: I knew what you were going to say too Big Tsu!It's uncanny!I'm only sorry i'm not a betting man... ;) Btw it's not only flyin' Ryans testimony to your 'wonderful' racetrack i'm going by..I could fill out dozens of others!Including.. :shock:Some of your own riders past and present!!

Kevin was in Poland today so no he's not in the country but only a flight away and he his awesome at Brough.

I would think Edin riders will be ruled out racing against their title contenders with very important matches coming up...guessing they wouldn't be happy if any of the riders were injured riding esp for Glasgow

Do not agree that you can overly interfere with riders accepting guest bookings - after all Wethers is guesting for Wolves on Monday, so it would be unfair to deny Wolbert earnings because you do not fancy the teams invovlved at Brough.

I can appreciate where a rider has heavy schedule that it might put too much strain on man and machinery, but at the end of the day, the rider should be given option whether or not to accept a guest booking.

Jason King was also forced to sit out the rest of Sundays meeting after his spill, any news on him?

Jason King was also forced to sit out the rest of Sundays meeting after his spill, any news on him?

Twisted knee, he will makes his own decision in the morning about riding at Brough in the Glasgow meeting. :)

Weather forecast looks good for today so fingers crossed we get a good meeting to watch.

Screen missing will be a big shame as I for one was looking forward to seeing the flying Zebra gracing the Brough Park Shale.

Kevin Wolbert takes his place so Im sure this wont weaken the tigers too much.

Not sure about the 6.30 pm start as its not a bank holiday in Scotland. Maybe 7.30pm would have given a few more of the Glasgow fans more time to travel down after work.

See you all tonight and dont forget to get along to the Best Track shop in Speedway and say hello.

Edited by GLSDiamond

Wow a Monarch riding at number 1 for the Tiggers - that will be tough for the Glasgow faithful to cheer for :wink: I'm sure if he rides as well as he has been recently and also because he likes Brough - he'll more than equal what Joe would've scored.

Wow a Monarch riding at number 1 for the Tiggers - that will be tough for the Glasgow faithful to cheer for :wink: I'm sure if he rides as well as he has been recently and also because he likes Brough - he'll more than equal what Joe would've scored.

Glasgow fans dont have a problem with Kevin, YH5-1. Our only beef with him is that he keeps missing his visits to Ashfield for continental commitments!

Now if it was one of your other riders, lets just say of american persuassion. Could you imagine the uproar lmao.

With the flying Wolbert in for Joe, I wouldn't be surprised if Glasgow made more of a match of it here than they did yeseterday. McGowan rides Brough well and Big Lee and JB can score here as well. The Diamonds will be looking for Dak to continue where he left off yesterday, particularly if we are using r/r.

Hope the track is good and they don't destroy it during the interval like last week.

Glasgow fans dont have a problem with Kevin, YH5-1. Our only beef with him is that he keeps missing his visits to Ashfield for continental commitments!

Now if it was one of your other riders, lets just say of american persuassion. Could you imagine the uproar lmao.

I'm pretty sure that even if Fish scored a full max and was the best rider there, it would still be his fault Glasgow lost :P

I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this.

Edited by Merlin

I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this.

Very mysterious.

Conspiracy theories could run riot with this one!

IF Travis McGowan had been missing (and ONLY Travis), then it would have been R/R!

:shock: I knew what you were going to say too Big Tsu!It's uncanny!I'm only sorry i'm not a betting man... ;) Btw it's not only flyin' Ryans testimony to your 'wonderful' racetrack i'm going by..I could fill out dozens of others!Including.. :shock:Some of your own riders past and present!!

Brough Park track come in for some heavy criticism at times, Newcastle fans will always refer to the Kevins Wolberts etc who say the track is fine and away supporters will always refer to riders who don't like the track. If there is a problem with the track lets not bury our heads in the sand or the shale and find out what it is and if there is anything put it right.

I have read on many other threads from the great and the good with all knowledge on speedway that clubs who own their own tracks are very fortunate as they can access the track for preperation whenever they wish, Newcastle on the other hand are not so fortunate as they can access the track only on the day of racing and therefore are handicapped in track preperation by lack of time.

This is not a theory I hold dear, there must be sufficent time to prepare the track as we take a few hours out the day to deliver a well structured training program to young people, I am not knocking this as I can see how a well structured educational training program can identify and develope youngster who may well end up riding for the diamonds, but there must be time to prepare the track in the rest of the time or the promoters wouldn't allow this to happen.

What about equipment, Newcastle seem to have as much equipment as other tracks and is used regular. what about the people preparing the track, they seem very experienced and have produced tracks at times that have produced really good racing and been admired by a lot of riders, sure they have produced some poor tracks in bad weather conditions, but who hasn't.

Not really sure there is anything else to look at other than there may just be nothing wrong with the track and as usual some supporters and riders are just looking for excuses, make up your own mind!!

Edited by maxpax

IF Travis McGowan had been missing (and ONLY Travis), then it would have been R/R!

but the normal sh!t stirring dosent want u to know that. dont u know glasgow are supposedly everything evil The Abbott and lets stick the boot in at every opportunity claiming rider knowledge and inside info at the same time? looks like this latest bit of mis information posted as fact hasnt been thaught out right and its not Glasgow thats been the ones to be caught out :mad:

but the normal sh!t stirring dosent want u to know that. dont u know glasgow are supposedly everything evil The Abbott and lets stick the boot in at every opportunity claiming rider knowledge and inside info at the same time? looks like this latest bit of mis information posted as fact hasnt been thaught out right and its not Glasgow thats been the ones to be caught out :mad:

That was (kind of) my point!! But I thought I would let a Glasgow fan point it out! :wink::lol: