British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers

That was (kind of) my point!! But I thought I would let a Glasgow fan point it out! :wink::lol:

cheers m8 :wink:

nice to see other clubs noticing it too :approve::D

That was (kind of) my point!! But I thought I would let a Glasgow fan point it out! :wink:

cheers m8 :wink:

nice to see other clubs noticing it too :approve::D

Nothing sinister at all in Merlin's post, just as usual some paranoid Weegie ready to slag off Edinburgh again.

Glasgow were unsure earlier last week about whether McGowan and Branney would be available, hence why they took the precaution to enquire as to Wolbert's availability should both be unable to ride.

Of course Abbott conveniently ignores that Branney was also doubtful (perhaps still smarting from being found out about Andrew Tully's apology, that never was ) so stirs it and an X-rated Weegie takes the bait :shock:

Reckon Diamonds by 18 points but Glasgow have riders which can ride the track well. Shame about no Screen looking forward to watching him.

but the normal sh!t stirring dosent want u to know that. dont u know glasgow are supposedly everything evil The Abbott and lets stick the boot in at every opportunity claiming rider knowledge and inside info at the same time? looks like this latest bit of mis information posted as fact hasnt been thaught out right and its not Glasgow thats been the ones to be caught out :mad:

rubbish stirring....what rubbish stirring? I reported a conversation which actually took place - I don't make that sort of thing up! and resent the implication that I did. Kevin said that he might be riding at Newcastle on Monday night when I asked him about where he would be this coming week. He also said that he would here all week so would be at King's Lynn on Wednesday, Armadale on Friday, Stoke on Saturday and Ashfield on Sunday.

I was surprised to say the least that Kevin thought he might be at Newcastle. He said he thought it was for McGowan (with emphasis on the thought) but it may be that Glasgow were worried about being two riders short (apart from Screen) with McGowan reportedly only half fit and perhaps one of the others also not fully fit - (Dicken, for example).

However I can well understand you being a bit touchy these days after Glasgow's recent dismal results.

Edited by Merlin

Nothing sinister at all in Merlin's post, just as usual some paranoid Weegie ready to slag off Edinburgh again.

Glasgow were unsure earlier last week about whether McGowan and Branney would be available, hence why they took the precaution to enquire as to Wolbert's availability should both be unable to ride.

Of course Abbott conveniently ignores that Branney was also doubtful (perhaps still smarting from being found out about Andrew Tully's apology, that never was ) so stirs it and an X-rated Weegie takes the bait :shock:

Actually, I think you will find that there WAS something sinister in Merlin's comment - even though most "Weegies" seem to be paranoid these days!!

He posted:

"I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this."

The implication of the comments "I wonder how he knew then" and "Strange" suggests that there WAS something sinister going on. Someone has pointed out that he wouldn't have replaced McGowan as that would only have been r/r and he also couldn't have come in as a guest if both Dicken and Branney had been out as his average is too high.

So, either it WAS planned for both McGowan and either Dicken or Branney to be missing so that Glasgow could have a guest OR Screen deliberately got himself concussed yesterday so as to be ruled out on medical grounds today.

I don't believe that about Screen so there MUST be something "strange" going on. Or have I missed something here???

Actually, I think you will find that there WAS something sinister in Merlin's comment - even though most "Weegies" seem to be paranoid these days!!

He posted:

"I spoke to Kevin on Friday night after the match against Somerset at Armadale and he told me he might be riding for Glasgow at Newcastle today (Monday).

I wonder how he knew then? Mind you he thought it was Travis McGowan he was replacing! Strange....I understand he's on his way to Newcastle even as I post this."

The implication of the comments "I wonder how he knew then" and "Strange" suggests that there WAS something sinister going on. Someone has pointed out that he wouldn't have replaced McGowan as that would only have been r/r and he also couldn't have come in as a guest if both Dicken and Branney had been out as his average is too high.

So, either it WAS planned for both McGowan and either Dicken or Branney to be missing so that Glasgow could have a guest OR Screen deliberately got himself concussed yesterday so as to be ruled out on medical grounds today.

I don't believe that about Screen so there MUST be something "strange" going on. Or have I missed something here???

I think you're reading too much into this - see previous post just before yours. It may be that Glasgow were simply making contingency arrangments for the possibility that McGowan may not have been fit for Monday and that there may have been another absentee.

It just occurred to me at the time it was strange that he should be approached on the Friday about a match on the Monday for a team which was at full strength on the Sunday.

If, for example, McGowan and Branney had been missing today then, even if Screen had been fit, Wolbert could have guested for McGowan since his average is lower and Glasgow could have used R/R for Branney.

Edited by Merlin

well with the kaiser guesting this evening at least we will have 1 rider in the away side trying to win the meeting unlike the other 6 who again will mess about and deliberately pack up and trail in last to stop the monarchs winning the league. not that i am complaining as it will make it a whole lot sweeter when we win it through in glasgow and king fisher treats all the monarchs faithful to a few laps of honour.lol

rubbish stirring....what rubbish stirring? I reported a conversation which actually took place - I don't make that sort of thing up! and resent the implication that I did. Kevin said that he might be riding at Newcastle on Monday night when I asked him about where he would be this coming week. He also said that he would here all week so would be at King's Lynn on Wednesday, Armadale on Friday, Stoke on Saturday and Ashfield on Sunday.

I was surprised to say the least that Kevin thought he might be at Newcastle. He said he thought it was for McGowan (with emphasis on the thought) but it may be that Glasgow were worried about being two riders short (apart from Screen) with McGowan reportedly only half fit and perhaps one of the others also not fully fit - (Dicken, for example).

However I can well understand you being a bit touchy these days after Glasgow's recent dismal results.

intersting that when caught out both come back with the REAL explanation which they both conveniently ignored when implying something else for the chance to have a good old dig at glasgow and infer they have been up to something. sad really but there ya go. wendy and the abbott noticed too. whats the meaning of the phrase hoist by ur own petard again? or economical with the truth?

nice touchy response from monarchs land with the attempt thrown in to blame the abbott for not knowing about branney perhaps not being fit. you couldnt make it up. oh wait a minute yes u could :D

He posted:

It was plainly and unambiguously stated in my post :-

But rather than accept this you go wittering on with petty insinuations about Merlin.

Why not accept the reason why Kevin Wolbert mentioned this before Sunday.

There was nothing improper in Glasgow making contingency enquiries in advance, what was coincidental was that Wolbert was drafted in as a guest for a different reason (Screen's concussion).

What a sour faced lot some Glasgow fans on here really are, a Monarchs riders is drafted in to assist, and a respected Edinburgh fan gets accused of implying there "was something sinister going on."

I'm afraid Wendy the only thing sinister here is your warped interpretation of what Merlin actually stated.

Still I suppose it's only forums that Tigers fans believe they are capable of point scoring these days :P

intersting that when caught out both come back with the REAL explanation which they both conveniently ignored when implying something else for the chance to have a good old dig at glasgow and infer they have been up to something. sad really but there ya go. wendy and the abbott noticed too. whats the meaning of the phrase hoist by ur own petard again? or economical with the truth?

nice touchy response from monarchs land with the attempt thrown in to blame the abbott for not knowing about branney perhaps not being fit. you couldnt make it up. oh wait a minute yes u could :D

Aye X-Man just make up porkies as you go along.

Like to quote which alleged earlier post I made regarding the highlighted ?

Or should we make allowances for you being unable to comprehend the truth :rolleyes:

Bloody hell it doesn't take much for the usual civil war to break out these days . Let's just wish Kevin the best of luck tonight and maybe he'll do a lot better than recent Monarch guests that have donned the stripes .

It was plainly and unambiguously stated in my post :-

Aye but only a post made AFTER the abbott had pulled up on it.

i dont know if wendy is a tiger or not but the original mischief posts trying to mis inform speak volumes more than our aparent sour grapes. nice try to deflect again but u were caught out fair n square by a newcastle fan on this one. the initial post was misleading and u both admitted after u knew it was because of other riders not being fit. Pity that wasnt mentioned til others pulled u up for it. but then why miss the chance of a dig eh? people might just have bought it if u hadn't been caught out.

Bloody hell it doesn't take much for the usual civil war to break out these days . Let's just wish Kevin the best of luck tonight and maybe he'll do a lot better than recent Monarch guests that have donned the stripes .

Aye you're right Paulco. It's a pity I mentioned the conversation in question but paranoia rules these days. I didn't expect certain parties to get all het up about it. Sad really!

I too hope that Kevin Wolbert shows his liking for the Brough Park circuit. He has been impressive there in the past. Unfortunately I can't see Glasgow keeping it close even if he goes through the card unbeaten. But there again, haven't Glasgow won at Newcastle already this season? :rolleyes:

Aye you're right Paulco. It's a pity I mentioned the conversation in question but paranoia rules these days. I didn't expect certain parties to get all het up about it. Sad really!

I too hope that Kevin Wolbert shows his liking for the Brough Park circuit. He has been impressive there in the past. Unfortunately I can't see Glasgow keeping it close even if he goes through the card unbeaten. But there again, haven't Glasgow won at Newcastle already this season? :rolleyes:

Yes , but we were helped by having Craig Branney in for Mitchell Davey that day . And don't forget , results were all over the place in the PT .

I don't expect lightning to strike twice and i wouldn't be surprised if today's result is something similar to yesterdays .

Aye but only a post made AFTER the abbott had pulled up on it.

i dont know if wendy is a tiger or not but the original mischief posts trying to mis inform speak volumes more than our aparent sour grapes. nice try to deflect again but u were caught out fair n square by a newcastle fan on this one. the initial post was misleading and u both admitted after u knew it was because of other riders not being fit. Pity that wasnt mentioned til others pulled u up for it. but then why miss the chance of a dig eh? people might just have bought it if u hadn't been caught out.

Some of us are not viewing this forum all the time so you erroneously presumed I had been following events.

Rather than admit that you made up porkies about what I stated, you come up with the above drivel.

No wonder it is hard to sympathise with Tigers plight when you turn your jealous venom on Merlin for mentioning the fact that Wolbert had been asked before Sunday about his availability for Monday if needed.

It is also speaks volumes of your knowledge of the regs by being strung along by Abbott who knew fully well that Wolbert could only replace McGowan if another Tiger in 2 - 5 was also missing :wink:

Well he certainly hooked a dumb Weegie this time :D