British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tigers

Calm down folks . So Kevin was sounded out prior to the weekend , big deal . Travis is struggling to sit on the bike at the moment due to a sore arse from last week's crashes . And John was 50/50 for the two meetings , so a guest was a distinct possibility . And as it turned out Joe crashed out yesterday and Kevin was needed . And what a fine job he is doing tonight as well :approve:

Calm down folks . So Kevin was sounded out prior to the weekend , big deal . Travis is struggling to sit on the bike at the moment due to a sore arse from last week's crashes . And John was 50/50 for the two meetings , so a guest was a distinct possibility . And as it turned out Joe crashed out yesterday and Kevin was needed . And what a fine job he is doing tonight as well :approve:

Well done to kevin wölbert on a good showing think he will annoyed he never beat larsen! He is a hard man to beat round his own patch!

Can't win matches with really 1 rider scoring points but clearly a couple of Glasgow riders struggling with injuries!

What happened to Travis in Ht 10?

He just slid off on his own, looked nothing really..didn't clatter fence or anything, maybe aggravated his injury and was holding his hand initially.

Not a great meeting which was only really kept interesting by Wolbert and his clashes with Larsen and Lemon. The Diamonds all did their job well. Deek is flying at the moment but it was nice to see Adam looking faster and scoring some decent points, albeit against modest opposition.

Worrying to see Jason King strapped up and hobling arround on crutches. That looks like a potential season ender in which case it will be interesting to see if the Promotion stick with rider replacement or try and make a new signing.

Have to feel for Glasgow. Wolbert was a fine replacement for Screen, but with McGowan and Graczjonek not fit and Dicken struggling they were never in a position to make a match of it.

Not a great meeting which was only really kept interesting by Wolbert and his clashes with Larsen and Lemon. The Diamonds all did their job well. Deek is flying at the moment but it was nice to see Adam looking faster and scoring some decent points, albeit against modest opposition.

Worrying to see Jason King strapped up and hobling arround on crutches. That looks like a potential season ender in which case it will be interesting to see if the Promotion stick with rider replacement or try and make a new signing.

Have to feel for Glasgow. Wolbert was a fine replacement for Screen, but with McGowan and Graczjonek not fit and Dicken struggling they were never in a position to make a match of it.

A worrying state of affairs , especially with " you know who " to contend with on Sunday . I assume Dicken was awful again .

A worrying state of affairs , especially with " you know who " to contend with on Sunday . I assume Dicken was awful again .

To be honest, Big Lee has not looked up for it since the match at Armadale on June 4th.

I don't know if the drop to reserve will do his confidence any good. He doesn't seem able to beat opposition reserves at the moment.

Big Lee was off the pace tonight I'm afraid. He was holding his arm after his third ride, don't know why as he didn't fall, perhaps he's carrying an injury. He made one decent start but McKinna passed him fairly easily. I'd be more worried about McGowan who is clearly not fit. Josh took a heavy first bend fall (similar to the one at Coventry tonight) and although he soldiered on he was clearly not right.

No disrespect but Jake Anderson is not yet PL standard. It's a sad state of affairs when you see NL standard Australians riding in the PL.

well sunday should be interesting. will we the tigers that have showed up over the last 2 days or shall we see a different side.erm i think we shall see the tigers fired up again and a cracking meeting.probably the usual from glasgow.cheats!!! :D

well sunday should be interesting. will we the tigers that have showed up over the last 2 days or shall we see a different side.erm i think we shall see the tigers fired up again and a cracking meeting.probably the usual from glasgow.cheats!!! :D

Can someone please translate the above post... I can't understand it in the slightest? :blink:

No wonder it is hard to sympathise with Tigers plight when you turn your jealous venom on Merlin for mentioning the fact that Wolbert had been asked before Sunday about his availability for Monday if needed.

It is also speaks volumes of your knowledge of the regs by being strung along by Abbott who knew fully well that Wolbert could only replace McGowan if another Tiger in 2 - 5 was also missing :wink:

Well he certainly hooked a dumb Weegie this time :D

u got to love the keep saying it often enough and throw in some personal abuse and try and deflect from the fact merlins 1st post was misleading as pointed out by a few. somehow being called dumb by someone constantly doing that and pretending the initial post doesnt exist is almost a compliment lol certainly wont lose any sleep over it

for the meeting, thank god for wolbert, the score was bad enough would have been even more embarrassing without him. well won diamonds and good luck for the rest of the season

u got to love the keep saying it often enough and throw in some personal abuse and try and deflect from the fact merlins 1st post was misleading as pointed out by a few. somehow being called dumb by someone constantly doing that and pretending the initial post doesnt exist is almost a compliment lol certainly wont lose any sleep over it

for the meeting, thank god for wolbert, the score was bad enough would have been even more embarrassing without him. well won diamonds and good luck for the rest of the season

My first post was not misleading. It was factual. All that happened was that you nearly burst a blood vessel as you read it in your usual paranoid fashion as an attack on your beloved Tigers. I subsequently hypothesised on why Glasgow might have approached Wolbert as early as Friday for Monday's match something which you might have done had you not gone so ballistic. But it was nothing more than a hypothesis although I thought it might have been a credible one at that. I am not party to the thoughts of the inner sanctum at Glasgow speedway so who knows whether it hit the mark?

It's a 'well done' from me too to the Diamonds who have not only climbed to second in the table but have narrowed the race points difference between themselves and Edinburgh over the weekend should it come down to a tie on league points. Well done to Wolbert too for a fine effort for the Tigers. He has certainly got back his late season form of last year.

I sincerely hope that injuries are not going to play a major part in the race for the title which is still very much alive. Since Jason King was only considered 'doubtful' for last night's match I trust that his injury is not too serious. Some of the posts on here were a bit more alarming though.

As for Glasgow what now? We have a big match coming up at Ashfield on Sunday and, from what has been said, they may have injury worries over McGowan, Grajczonek and Dicken, all of whom managed only three rides each last night. Presumably Joe Screen will be OK if his injury is nothing more than mild concussion (although that's not to be dismissed as of little importance).

My first post was not misleading. It was factual. All that happened was that you nearly burst a blood vessel as you read it in your usual paranoid fashion as an attack on your beloved Tigers. I subsequently hypothesised on why Glasgow might have approached Wolbert as early as Friday for Monday's match something which you might have done had you not gone so ballistic. .

and ping again....another little deflection attempt

it was The Abbott who 1st picked up on it - or is he a paranoid tiger now too pmsl

you only 'hypothesised' AFTER The Abbott pulled you up on it

the post is there for all to read, what you chose NOT to say and suddenly use as your defence when The Abbott pulled you up on it speaks volumes. Your post came across as yet another dig at Glasgow and you were caught out. Simples.

Ballistic? oh dear if you think thats ballistic pmsl. hey at least i didnt resort to personal abuse, then u'd be saying i was suicidal pmsl

Mod Note: locked as going nowhere and no one seems to be discussing the meeting