British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Newport Hornets 31/08

DUDLEY Heathens are expecting another bumper crowd for their biggest meeting of the season with title rivals Newport at Wolverhampton's Monmore Green Stadium on Tuesday (7.30).

Both sides have hopes of finishing as league leaders going into the all-important play-offs and Tuesday's clash is seen as vital.

The former Cradley club are looking for revenge after suffering a hefty defeat in South Wales earlier this season.

Heathens boss Will Pottinger said: "I'm expecting a very tight match against Newport as they are a good side with strong heat leaders in Todd Kurtz, Mark Jones and Kyle Newman.

"It's going to be tough but I'm sure our boys will give everything they've got to try and get a crucial victory.

"A win over Newport would set us up nicely for the rest of the season."

Barrie Evans continues in the main body of the Heathens team as a replacement for broken-arm victim Jon Armstrong.

HEATHENS: Lee Smart, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Barrie Evans, Ashley Morris, Richard Franklin.

NEWPORT: Todd Kurtz, Luke Priest, Mark Jones, Tony Atkin, Kyle Newman, James White-Williams, Tom Young.

I predict this meeting will go down to the very last heat as both teams have a strong 1 to 7 and its Mark Jones last meeting tonight so lets hope he is on good form and newport come away with some points :)

I predict this meeting will go down to the very last heat as both teams have a strong 1 to 7 and its Mark Jones last meeting tonight so lets hope he is on good form and newport come away with some points :)

NO Chance !

NO Chance !

Lets be honest if you dont win by enough to take the 3 points id be a severely dissapointed heathens fan, your a far better side than you were when you visited QM.

Lee Smart should go through the card, cant see Newman or Kurtz troubling him & if he doesnt id be highly surprised.

Think with decent scores from your middle order & reserves that you should win fairly comfortably too take 3 match points. Having said that i cant see the match having much in it until the last 4 heats where i expect you to do enough to pull out a 3 point win advantage of more than 7

Il go 49-41heathens

Newport need a point from this meeting and im sure they wont give up, lets hope for no injuries today! Hope mark has a good last meeting for newport

Newport need a point from this meeting and im sure they wont give up, lets hope for no injuries today! Hope mark has a good last meeting for newport

Yep hope Jonesy has a great last meeting, thanks for all the entertainment this year :approve:

NO Chance !

NO Chance eh? you mean like there was NO CHANCE of you getting anything at Newport yet alot of Dudley fans were so very confident of getting at least 3 points. HA!

Edited by NWS

NO Chance eh? you mean like there was NO CHANCE of you getting anything at Newport yet alot of Dudley fans were so very confident of getting at least 3 points. HA!

Well said NWS :lol::lol:

Making my over for this meeting, hope its a good meeting and GO Kyle Newman!!! :approve::lol:

Making my over for this meeting, hope its a good meeting and GO Kyle Newman!!! :approve::lol:

Have a safe journey :) im sure it will be a great meeting, hope kyle does well tonight hes so exciting to watch especially when he sweeps around people scaring the fans half to death but all good :)

should be a cracker of a meeting, glad to see you will be supporting the MIGHTY HORNETS :P

Hope mark jones finishes his season with newport on a high and give newport fans something to be proud of :)

goooo Jonesy!!! Give it your all!!

:) x

Hahahha love this post!! I agree though :) such an awseum rider and person, cant wait to see him back at newport next season

Hahahha love this post!! I agree though :) such an awseum rider and person, cant wait to see him back at newport next season

He's a great guy!!!! Eeeek!!! haha yeah lovely, bless ya u go 2 newport every meeting?