Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Newport Hornets 31/08

He's a great guy!!!! Eeeek!!! haha yeah lovely, bless ya u go 2 newport every meeting?

Hehehe!! Umm yea i go to a majority of meetings at newport when i have money :P have seen him ride alot this season and got his autogrpah and a pic with him so all good :)

Hehehe!! Umm yea i go to a majority of meetings at newport when i have money :P have seen him ride alot this season and got his autogrpah and a pic with him so all good :)

Aww sounds good 2 me, bless ya gotta cheer on the Jonesy!!

Not looking good for newport at the moment tho...

well done to the heathens

was always going to be a struggle with the majority of our riders having not seen the track coupled with the fact that perry franklin & morris have come so far this season. Expected a little bit better showing from the hornets, however cant take anything away from the dudley riders did a fantastic job.

Think that the result will count for nothing as i cant see anyone getting near buxton 2bh in either the play offs or KOC.

Well reading comments it seems over the '2 legs' Hornets and Heathens drew. Would have made a great 2 leg meeting. Hornets didn't do too bad then taking everything into consideration. We're going to miss Jones so much though which may cost us a trophy. Hope Webster can come back with a bang.

"Evans in after meeting interview said he thinks they could give a lower order PL team a run for thier money round here." Seems Barry has been in the sun too long! :lol: :lol:

Edited by NWS

Beaten by the better side, with more experience of the Wolves track. Well done to the Heathens.

A superb meeting despite the large scoreline, very disapointed in Newport. Despite Dudleys awesome form of late, I thought Newport stood a chance of getting a point with the side they have. Newports reserves were very poor which meant they always faced an uphill battle plus some of the big guns in main body didnt fire. Todd Kurtz and Tony Atkin disapointed, probably only Mark Jones and Kyle Newman came out with any credit with Preist having one good ride.

Kyle only scored 1 from his first 2 rides which included a big crash in his first ride. How he escaped serious injury I will never know but he has Barrie Evans to thank for a quite amazing quick reaction in laying his machine down. If Barrie had gone full pelt into Kyle then it could have been alot worse. Good to see Kyle do well later in the meeting with 7 from his final 3 rides.

Dudley were unstoppable, right the way through their team. Ashley Morris was brilliant at reserve, no -one could get near to Lee Smart from his four ride maximum. Barrie Evans stormed to 3 wins out of 3 but had an EF on the startline of Heat 13. Micky Dyer will surely be in the Premier League next season, with hopefully the Brummies :wink:, looked really quick. The real star of the night for me was Tom'Fred'Perry and his entertainment value. Its always best when he misses the gate at Monmore as being a track specalist he is so exciting to watch and that proved the case in heat 5 and 12 when he won it the hard way.

I know we keep on saying how good the crowds are but last nights was outstanding. Got to be about 2000 there at least as it was so packed on the terracing, felt like a tinned sardine standing there :lol: . Also good to see a few Newport fans there making plenty of noise and a good number of fellow Brummies fans, not just the two Porky was taking the piss out of on the straight. :lol:

A superb meeting despite the large scoreline, very disapointed in Newport. Despite Dudleys awesome form of late, I thought Newport stood a chance of getting a point with the side they have. Newports reserves were very poor which meant they always faced an uphill battle plus some of the big guns in main body didnt fire. Todd Kurtz and Tony Atkin disapointed, probably only Mark Jones and Kyle Newman came out with any credit with Preist having one good ride.

Kyle only scored 1 from his first 2 rides which included a big crash in his first ride. How he escaped serious injury I will never know but he has Barrie Evans to thank for a quite amazing quick reaction in laying his machine down. If Barrie had gone full pelt into Kyle then it could have been alot worse. Good to see Kyle do well later in the meeting with 7 from his final 3 rides.

Dudley were unstoppable, right the way through their team. Ashley Morris was brilliant at reserve, no -one could get near to Lee Smart from his four ride maximum. Barrie Evans stormed to 3 wins out of 3 but had an EF on the startline of Heat 13. Micky Dyer will surely be in the Premier League next season, with hopefully the Brummies :wink:, looked really quick. The real star of the night for me was Tom'Fred'Perry and his entertainment value. Its always best when he misses the gate at Monmore as being a track specalist he is so exciting to watch and that proved the case in heat 5 and 12 when he won it the hard way.

I know we keep on saying how good the crowds are but last nights was outstanding. Got to be about 2000 there at least as it was so packed on the terracing, felt like a tinned sardine standing there :lol: . Also good to see a few Newport fans there making plenty of noise and a good number of fellow Brummies fans, not just the two Porky was taking the piss out of on the straight. :lol:

Brummie Kev, yes newport may have been disapointing last night, however, monmore is not one of the easiest tracks to master in this country, ask freddie lindgren, 5 of the newport riders have never ridden the place before, yes tony atkin could have done better being an ex wolves rider, todd is or no.1 and is only 17 years old and riding monmore for the first time so he didn't do that bad, he still got paid 8 from four rides. Overall, last night was part of a learning curve, besides we have achieved alot this year considering most teams predicted us near the foot of the table and we're in the last 4 of the KOC so it's been as successful season so far

Brummie Kev, yes newport may have been disapointing last night, however, monmore is not one of the easiest tracks to master in this country, ask freddie lindgren, 5 of the newport riders have never ridden the place before, yes tony atkin could have done better being an ex wolves rider, todd is or no.1 and is only 17 years old and riding monmore for the first time so he didn't do that bad, he still got paid 8 from four rides. Overall, last night was part of a learning curve, besides we have achieved alot this year considering most teams predicted us near the foot of the table and we're in the last 4 of the KOC so it's been as successful season so far

I think newport will learn a few vital lesson from this meeting!! Mark jones will be missed i think, is tim webster coming back into the team or not?

Yes he is.

Great news for Tim and the Mighty HORNETS!

PS Good points raised by LFC1892 regarding the Monmore Green trick track.

Edited by BigFatDave

Tom Jones, Rob Brydon, Ryan Giggs, Griff Rhys-Jones, Charlotte Church, Catherine Zeta Jones, Cerys Mathews, Neil Kinnock, Terry Jones, Aled Jones, Shawn Brown - your boys took one hell of a beating!!! :lol:

Superb meeting with lots of passing by the Heathens riders and a cracking result. Totally unexpected but very welcome indeed. As for Evans' comment about giving a lower order PL team a run for their money at Monmore there are two things I would say.

1) I think he was only half serious.

2) He may have a point. Giving a team a run for their money is not all about the final result. At Monmore I think Smart and Evans could win races against some PL heat leaders, and the rest of the lads can be quick enough at times to at least give the lower order PL riders one or two things to think about. We'd get thumped in the middle order though.

2) He may have a point. Giving a team a run for their money is not all about the final result. At Monmore I think Smart and Evans could win races against some PL heat leaders, and the rest of the lads can be quick enough at times to at least give the lower order PL riders one or two things to think about. We'd get thumped in the middle order though.

The top three or four PL teams would slaughter the Heathens out of hand, but the bottom couple might be a different thing. Redcar have now finished their season - a challenge match could be arranged?