British Speedway Forum
rhidassa

Isle Of Wight Vs Dudley

And Dudley hopefully visit the Island in better weather this time. Be interesting to see the result of this.

Anybody available to text updates to the speedway updates? Usual texter unable to attend.

And Dudley hopefully visit the Island in better weather this time. Be interesting to see the result of this.

Anybody available to text updates to the speedway updates? Usual texter unable to attend.

The Wightlink Islanders management would like to stress that the Wightlink Flyer will run as per normal for tomorrow night's (Thursday's) meeting vs Dudley.

Flyer tickets are normal prices and the Bus will leave the Pier in Ryde at 7.00pm to go to the Stadium.

There were rumours abounding on Tuesday that it was NOT running, this was NEVER the case, it IS DEFINATELY running as normal.

Still looking for a texter for this meeting....anyone?

What a win for the Heathens and great performances from Brummies Assetts Lee Smart and Jake Anderson. :approve:

Top win for the Heathens, especially after a poor start and losing Richard Franklin in his first ride. Great effort.

Congrats to every one of the Heathens, - that's just what we needed to make it absolutely clear we're going to top the table !

And what a way to do it, (10pts down at Ht4,) keeping everyone on the edge of their seat until the last few heats.

There's no way that speedway in any other league can produce not only close nail-biting results like this, (and Yes, I have been watching EL during the '00s !) but also give us individual lap-by-lap excitement such as we again saw at Monmore on Tues.

On behalf of every one of the Heathens followers I'm sure, - Our thanks lads, for giving us a team to be proud of.

Well done to the Heathens on their excellent fightback to victory that began with Lee Smart's tactical ride victory in heat 5. The Wightlink Islanders will be kicking themselves at losing this one though with engine problems for Danny Warwick and Tom Hill plus a fall for Nick Simmons whilst challenging for the lead in heat 11 proving costly from their point of view. John Resch deputised for the injured Brendan Johnson at reserve for the islanders.

Edited by Bryn

...that's just what we needed to make it absolutely clear we're going to top the table !

Don't get ahead of yourself mate. The lads have still got to go out and do the business on track. Remember the Mildenhall fixture at Monmore?

----------------------------------------------------

Another comeback on the road and three welcome points. Just imagine where we would be if the lads could get going from heat 1. :P Looks as though Richard's withdrawal was nothing more than a precaution which is great news. :)

a very enjoyable match at smallbrook last night. a hard fought win for the heathens against the islanders with the riders from both sides giving their all. and finally well done to the ref for pushing the meeting along so we could get the earlier ferry. :)

Good to see John Resch back into team racing. He has made steady progress over the past year while riding for Bournemouth and was very unlucky to lose his place in the recent reshuffle.

Good win for the Heathens - sounds like it was an excellent meeting.

:)

Great match, great racing, lots of passing , close finishes and a last heat decider, what more can you ask for, DVD available from T2TV. (sure many Heathens fans will want to see thsi one.) :rolleyes:

well done the lads again.couldnt get down there again so i went to swindon to support our 2nd team.what a load of rubbish.a good fight back from the wolves afta freddies and proctors crash but the racing was an absolute waste of time.i never thought the el and nl could be compared for entertainment.i was wrong tho,the nl is much more exciting.any el fans should try it they will be surprised.no way could i pay to watch el every week.maybe we are spoiled at monmore?

Terrific match and an absolute credit to NL speedway.

Only sadness was the small attendance. No more than 250 or so, and half of them from Dudley. The Islanders deserve better, and from the standard of the entertainment those who do not attend because of the drop to the third tier are cutting their noses off to spite their faces, at least to a degree.

Slightly (but pleasantly) surprised to see my old mate Stressed there. I always rated Bryn Williams as an announcer but there is no doubt that young Mr Helm is up there with the best (having had to put up with Mike 'like the sound of my own voice'Bennett on both Wednesday and Friday).

Thanks for setting the rumours straight, Tim. :approve:

Also good to see first bend Tony again, and very interesting to hear his very fair and reasoned viewpoint about the management coup at IOW this season which opened my eyes for sure. Little more concerned about his complaints (him being a born & bred Islander) about the Island becoming a 'huge retirement home'. I am sure he is going for the Island to become an independant republic, and hope I won't be one of the 'undesirables' excluded from entry. :D

Finally, a big thank you to Joe & Barrie Evans for taking me down. Long day (15 hours, returning at 2.30 am) but never boring and thoroughly enjoyable. The Messrs Evans, Vic Clarke & I put the speedway world to rights on the way down (punctuated by the younger Mr Evans' pleas for more sponsorship and the elder Mr Evans' road rage) but the mystery of Barrie's misfiring engine on the way back was a harder nut to crack. Thanks again, fellas. :approve:

Only sadness was the small attendance. No more than 250 or so, and half of them from Dudley. The Islanders deserve better, and from the standard of the entertainment those who do not attend because of the drop to the third tier are cutting their noses off to spite their faces, at least to a degree.

Thats a shame as it would be nice to the IOW back in the Premier League one day but obviously that wont be the case with crowds like that. :(

If your figure is correct then what a difference it is from the crowds the IOW get and Dudley get. Was at Monmore on Tuesday and probably a crowd around the 2000, the stadium was absolutely packed. If Dudley had their own stadium then they would go straight into the Elite League without question with the superb support they get. Even Matt Ford asked to write an article in the Heathens rained off Weymouth Programme to praise the Heathens fans. Fair play to him for doing that.