Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rhidassa

Kings Lynn V Bournemouth

BOURNEMOUTH: KING'S LYNN V BUCCANEERS (NL) - PREVIEW

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 07, 2010

2009 Bournemouth Buccaneer Danny Warwick will pull on the red and white colours one more time as he guests for the injured Jerran Hart in Bournemouth's crucial away meeting at King's Lynn on Sunday (12th September)

If the Buccaneers are to have any hope of being able to defend the title that they won last year then they must win in Norfolk, their final match before the deadline for the play-offs and hope that other results go in their favour.

Currently they are level on league points with Plymouth (27 each) just two points clear of Rye House.

The Plymouth Devils visit unbeaten-at-home-Dudley on Wednesday whilst Rye House visit Isle of Wight (tonight, Tuesday 7th September) and then stage a home meeting against play-off certaintities Newport on Saturday, so by the time the Buccaneers arrive at King's Lynn they will know precisely what is required of them. Should Rye House manage to secure maximum points from their two matches then Bournemouth would be unable to catch them

The choice of Warwick would appear to be an inspired move as the Poole-based rider scored paid 13 for Bournemouth in their 27 point league win at Saddlebow Road last season. Team Manager Garry May explained his choice "Danny goes well on the bigger circuits and I believe that he can do a job for us on Sunday. We are really determined to pull this off, the lads just want to go out and there and get a result. I am also hoping that Danny can help our cause even more by inspiring his Island team-mates to a home win over Rye tonight, we can't afford the Cobras to close in on us much more. It will be tough enough needing to win against King's Lynn by any score, if it comes down to it needing to be a win by more than 6 than that just makes it so much harder."

Teams (from)

King's Lynn - S.Lambert, O.Rayson, L.Kerr, A.Lowe, D.Mallett, S.Campos, J.Knight

Bournemouth - D.Warwick, K.Howarth, A.Baseby, J.Brundle, M.Baseby, J.Sarjeant, D.Stoneman

BOURNEMOUTH: KING'S LYNN V BUCCANEERS (NL) - PREVIEW

If the Buccaneers are to have any hope of being able to defend the title that they won last year then they must win in Norfolk, their final match before the deadline for the play-offs and hope that other results go in their favour.

Hmm, IF those other results do go in the Buccs' favour, just the one bonus point rather than a win would do, wouldn't it...

Can't believe that five days have passed since any posts have been made on this forum regarding tonight's meeting.

Come on King's Lynn fans, where are you, don't you care about YOUR club?

It's a lovely sunny and warm day in West Norfolk, and tonights meeting throws up some of the best riders currently racing in the National Development League.

With not many meetings now left to go at the Norfolk Arena in 2010, this would be the ideal chance for you to introduce yourselves to third tier racing, if you've not seen it before. You'll probably be tired of hearing me beating the drum for these sort of meetings, but I'll continue to do so until I'm blue in the face, because it's usually top quality stuff that you are missing.

We all know how good the likes of Simon Lambert, Darren Mallett and James Brundle are around the Norfolk bowl, and what a mouthwatering prospect to think they will be going head to head from 7.00pm onwards.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESEA come and see what you've been missing all your speedway life, you'll love it.

Admission is ONLY £8 adults, and £6 for old codgers like Parsloes (well he looks and acts that old :wink: )

Admission is ONLY £8 adults, and £6 for old codgers like Parsloes (well he looks and acts that old :wink: )

Sorry Mr. Blue Face, you'll have to count me out of this one.

Have just got back from Iwade where it was Bryn's 80th. birthday meeting...; or was it Iwade's 40th. anniversary..?!! :P

Good luck to the Buccs tonight! Is Jay back at number one does anyone know..? :unsure:

Have just got back from Iwade where it was Bryn's 80th. birthday meeting...; or was it Iwade's 40th. anniversary..?!! :P

Good luck to the Buccs tonight! Is Jay back at number one does anyone know..? :unsure:

I believe Danny Warwick is guesting tonight.

Bryn's 80th sounds about right!!

Fabulous meeting last night, with a few new faces there making their first appearances for a Young Stars meeting.

The meeting had to be delayed by 30-minutes AGAIN, because despite being advised, the media will continue to advertise the incorrect start time.

Congratulations to Bournemouth on claiming a play-off position last night too.

I'm not sure when the next home meeting is, because the promoters columns in the programme said that a date has still to be arranged for the KO Cup S/F against Newport, something that announcer Kevin Moore confirmed over the tannoy, yet the fixtues page says we are at home to them on Friday 1st October.

Dale, when you read this, could you make an announcement on here as to the exact position please....Ta?

I'm not sure when the next home meeting is, because the promoters columns in the programme said that a date has still to be arranged for the KO Cup S/F against Newport, something that announcer Kevin Moore confirmed over the tannoy, yet the fixtues page says we are at home to them on Friday 1st October.

Weird. On the BSPA website it's down as being at Newport :blink:

Weird. On the BSPA website it's down as being at Newport :blink:

I'd have thought that was more likely to be correct, with Friday being one of Newport's racedays.

I do however know that two members of the Norfolk Arena staff have been asked to work on that Friday, which casts some mystery over matters.

Glad I finally got to a NL fixture! An enjoyable meeting. I will be comparing the racing to the PL meeting tomorrow, so we'll see which one gets voted as having the most entertaining racing. :wink:

I'd have thought that was more likely to be correct, with Friday being one of Newport's racedays. I do however know that two members of the Norfolk Arena staff have been asked to work on that Friday, which casts some mystery over matters.

Another confused.com moment there I think!

Edited by em1500uk

Hi Mike

As yet we do not have a date for the home match with Newport or Buxton. Friday 1st October is the date when we go to Newport in the 1st leg of the KOC Semi Final.

Hi Mike

As yet we do not have a date for the home match with Newport or Buxton. Friday 1st October is the date when we go to Newport in the 1st leg of the KOC Semi Final.

Thanks very much for that Dale, now we all know where we stand on that particular date.

Cya soon

Mike