British Speedway Forum
BossMan

Rye V Newport

I've already started a thread for this double header in the PL section but I am also a NL fan so started one here as well.

My biggest question is with the debacle of last Sunday's U21 taking so long I'm not sure if I can sit through another double header at Rye? rolleyes.gif

Newport are a decent NL team and I think this match will be closer than the PL meeting.

Does anyone have any team news for Saturday?

With a 6PM start for the first meeting I'm guessing at around 8pm for this one so may just come along to this.

I've already started a thread for this double header in the PL section but I am also a NL fan so started one here as well.

My biggest question is with the debacle of last Sunday's U21 taking so long I'm not sure if I can sit through another double header at Rye? rolleyes.gif

Newport are a decent NL team and I think this match will be closer than the PL meeting.

Does anyone have any team news for Saturday?

With a 6PM start for the first meeting I'm guessing at around 8pm for this one so may just come along to this.

Hmm! Topic started 36 hrs ago – 130 views and yet no replies? :unsure:

Is it no one is interested in the NL or these 2 teams in particular?

Anyway for what its worth I think this will be the better meeting of the double header with Rye just sneaking it at the end.

I agree, this should be the better match of the two. What's the state of the Rye line up? Does anyone know if strudwick going to be fit for saturday? I know Mason may be a doubt as he had to withdraw last night with illness at the IOW.

Newport should be at full strength, i'm hoping to make the trip from wales to cheer the lads on, i don't care about the GP in vojens, it will probably be called off anyway due to rain as it always rains in vojens on a race day :)

Edited by LFC1892

after newports win at scunny its now who wants it most....rye win and leapfrog into the playoffs ..newport win top the league and choose opponents in playoffs....should be "interesting" :wink:

after newports win at scunny its now who wants it most....rye win and leapfrog into the playoffs ..newport win top the league and choose opponents in playoffs....should be "interesting" :wink:

Yes I agree with you this meeting will be intresting especially after newports win tonight at scunny!! Will it be r/r or guest for tony atkin if he isnt riding tomorrow?

As there's a good weather forecast I am tempted. My decision is made more difficult as my wife has said never again after being showered in dust from the opening heat of the World U21 Final. GP on at 6pm. But it's an evening double header near the end of the season so I might just go. If you cover us in dust again, Len ..

Mighty HORNETS in with a big show here - any news on Tony Atkin? If he's not riding, any ideas on a guest?

r/r for tony .tony hurt his ribs out for a few days

Thank you for the information regarding tony atkin! Hoping there are updates for the double header tonight

Mighty HORNETS in with a big show here - any news on Tony Atkin? If he's not riding, any ideas on a guest?

Cmon BFD keep up, you are only allowed a guest for your No1 , which is of course Hot Toddy Kurtz

Cmon BFD keep up, you are only allowed a guest for your No1 , which is of course Hot Toddy Kurtz

...........who being the only Aussie in the team, is irreplacable! NL rules different again, eh?

...........who being the only Aussie in the team, is irreplacable! NL rules different again, eh?

No BFD same rules as PL ,Guest only for No 1 Rider R/R for the other top 5 ,Guest for No1 Reserve only .I think Speedway Rules we need SCB to explain them in full.

21 - 21 after 7

cheers dickiemint :)