British Speedway Forum
BossMan

Rye V Newport

Well done to the hornets!! Wish they couldve rode heat15 but that was another reminder of how dangerous speedway can be :(

was it the crash or the curfew that caused the early end to the match, hope it was the curfew.

I think it was the crash but not 100% sure!!

Forgot about the curfew myself I would assume it was down to the crash, was a very bad 1st bend bunching.

Best wishes to both riders

I think it was the crash but not 100% sure!!

I think your right it was the crash that caused the end of the match in reality as the BSPA site quotes "lack of medical cover" for the reason.

It was a bad crash and I hope both lads are ok and back on there bikes asap.

I think your right it was the crash that caused the end of the match in reality as the BSPA site quotes "lack of medical cover" for the reason.

It was a bad crash and I hope both lads are ok and back on there bikes asap.

They were both down for a long time. At one point there were three ambulances in attendance. Eventally James made his way to one of them, arm strapped whilst Marc was taken by stretcher to another. Word is broken leg but we await confirmation. One, or both were in extreme pain and could be heard as far as the main grandstand. Also, and this is puzzling, two police officers entered the stadium then climbed into each ambulance in turn and seemed to be conducting some sort of search. Anyone know why they were there? Anyway, best wishes to both James and Marc for a speedy recovery.

They were both down for a long time. At one point there were three ambulances in attendance. Eventally James made his way to one of them, arm strapped whilst Marc was taken by stretcher to another. Word is broken leg but we await confirmation. One, or both were in extreme pain and could be heard as far as the main grandstand. Also, and this is puzzling, two police officers entered the stadium then climbed into each ambulance in turn and seemed to be conducting some sort of search. Anyone know why they were there? Anyway, best wishes to both James and Marc for a speedy recovery.

At a guess the police attended because of the information given to the control room when requesting a county ambulance. If the caller does not make it crystal clear that the injured person (rider) has not been involved in a RTA the police automatically attend. It has happened at other tracks in the past and usually the police just take a few details and then leave.

Well done to The Hornets tonight - have heard about James and hope Marc is OK .

Yes well done to the Hornets, certainly gave us a lesson in gating.

Marc returned from the hospital this morning. Has been confirmed that he has a clean break of his ankle and will now be out of action for 4 to 6 weeks. Marc a bit p***** that he did not miss this start like his starts in the other heats. Last time we change bikes lol. Sitting at home watching the Gp, clutten for punishment

Yes well done to the Hornets, certainly gave us a lesson in gating.

Marc returned from the hospital this morning. Has been confirmed that he has a clean break of his ankle and will now be out of action for 4 to 6 weeks. Marc a bit p***** that he did not miss this start like his starts in the other heats. Last time we change bikes lol. Sitting at home watching the Gp, clutten for punishment

I have filmed some horrible crashes in the past, but this was awful, havent edited teh footage yet, not sure I really want to, but I guess now I know the riders are relivity ok, I can go aheead.

Well done Newport good result for a super young team, very impressed with Tom Young.

DVD available by tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about Marc's injury. At least he has a long winter to get himself fit again.

Seems like Tom Young put in a good shift, good to see him amoung the points!

I always enjoyed watching Marc when he rode for the Hornets last year he is a real young talent. Lets hope next season is much better for him injury wise than this and that he has a swift recovery.

Glad to hear that Marc is out of hospital. Was quite concerned when I left last night. Get well soon.

Cheers

Haywood