British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Plymouth Devils Sun 12th Sept 2.30pm

Newport Speedway Official Media Release

HORNETS ON TRAIL OF MORE SUCCESS

The Newport Hornets pursue more silverware this Sunday afternoon from 2.30pm when the Plymouth Devils visit in the National Trophy competition. The Hornets are already in a strong position to take part in the National League play-offs and have a forthcoming Cup semi-final appearance so are keen to keep up their momentum in the National Trophy which is restricted to the independent clubs Plymouth, Weymouth and Buxton as well as the Hornets who are Newport's second team after the Premier League Wasps.

The Devils have a strong heat leader trio in the form of Nicki Glanz, Mark Simmonds and Seemond Stephens with Glanz and Simmonds having won the National League Pairs competition at Newport's Queensway Meadows Stadium on August 7th.

Newport have named local teenager Tom Young at reserve despite his sustaining a foot injury at Buxton Speedway last Sunday and so are confident of his recovery. For the Lliswerry youngster and his team-mates Sunday's fixture will be the third in three days as they will have ridden at Scunthorpe on Friday evening and Rye House on the Saturday evening.

Commented team manager Kevin Brown: 'It is a busy time for the Hornets and this weekend will be a test of men and machinery. However, I suspect the boys are going to continue to do well in all available competitions so a full fixture list looks in prospect into October.'

NEWPORT 'WESSEX BUS' HORNETS:

1. Todd Kurtz

2. Luke Priest

3. Tim Webster

4. Tony Atkin ©

5. Kyle Newman

6. James White-Williams

7. Tom Young

PLYMOUTH DEVILS:

1. Nicki Glanz

2. Jaime Pickard

3. Matthew Bates

4. Seemond Stephens ©

5. Mark Simmonds

6. Bob Charles

7. Ben Reade

The Newport Wasps will also be in action at Rye House Speedway in Hertfordshire on Saturday evening in a double-header at the Hertfordshire circuit. The Rye House Rockets make the return visit to Queensway Meadows on Sunday September 19th at 2.30pm in Premier League action.

For full club details log onto www.newport-speedway.co.uk with previews and results also on the club hotline 09066 555 915(calls charged at 60p per minute).

wow no comments?

weather seems set fair here in south wales, anybody else going on am i gonna be there on my own?

should be good encounter ala simmonds, stephens & glanz good value

Weather looks great for this meeting! Lets hope the hornets can win this one :) sure they will and good luck to brendan johnson who is guesting in place of james white williams for today, if there are no updates then I will post scores on here when i recieve them

Result 49 - 41 The Hornets roar on

Good result :) tom young is just amazing these days! 10+2 today, and brendan was a good guest getting 4+2 :)

What can i say but :D , well done to the hornets on this win :D , well done all , you ground out this win very good, after a busy few days brill. come on you hornets

After about a dozen heats I thought 3 meetings (4 in Todds case) in 3 days was a bridge too far for the Hornets, especially as they had to cover Tony's rides also, but the team spirit of these guys is such that they'll pull things out of the bag.

After about a dozen heats I thought 3 meetings (4 in Todds case) in 3 days was a bridge too far for the Hornets, especially as they had to cover Tony's rides also, but the team spirit of these guys is such that they'll pull things out of the bag.

I agree with you totally I think all riders was feeling the strain of having to ride over 3 days but the team pulled together when it mattered and come away with a win :) the team spirit is amazing with the hornets at the moment and no doubt is the same in the wasps camp especially after their victory and rye house yesterday!!!

Great performance over the last few days (and all season),the Hornets (riders and management) deserve all the praise for having such a successful team performance.

Hope Tony and James are on the mend, and back racing soon.

Thanks for the comments ref the images.

Edited by Denis99