British Speedway Forum
Killer Cat from Mars

Dudley Heathens Vs Buxton Hitmen - Tuesday 14th September

Couldn't see a thread for this, so here we go. Does anyone know the teams for tomorrow's crunch fixture? I'm assuming the Hitmen will be at full strength, so should give the Heathens a real test. Am making the journey down for this, and Twitter updates will be available via Buxton Twitter for those who can't make the journey. C'mon the mighty Hitmen. :)

Weather permitting (and it looks OK at the moment) I am going to this too.

Should be a cracker, and all being well I will be at the second leg as well.

my devils didnot make it so come on Buxton my second team go get em. this looks like a rehearsal for the playoff when realy Newport have raced one match more than Dudley and Buxton how silly :mad:

I am hoping the Heathens can manage a lead of at least 12 points to defend at Buxton on Sunday. The Hitmen will be strong at home against our youngsters, but I think we can take them over two legs.

Would have been nice to get someone else in the playoffs, especially as a win against Weymouth next week will see us top the league by my reckoning. Still, Buxton's not far so at least we can take some big numbers on the terraces.

Whats the biggest crowd at Buxton, anyone?

Couldn't see a thread for this, so here we go. Does anyone know the teams for tomorrow's crunch fixture?

DUDLEY: Lee Smart, Micky Dyer, Tom Perry, Jake Anderson, Barrie Evans, Ashley Morris, Richard Franklin.

BUXTON: Craig Cook, Jonathan Bethall, Robert Branford, Adam Allott, Nick Morris, Lewis Dallaway, Jason Garrity.

What is the weather like in the Midlands as it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday in Manchester

Whats the biggest crowd at Buxton, anyone?

Don't have any official figures to hand, but the biggest crowds I've seen in the six years I've been going, was the Plymouth and Bournemouth meetings last year, though I remember the year Scunthorpe came back was a big crowd too. It's often hard to tell, because people tend to stay in their cars and watch the meetings (particularly one the arctic conditions kick in). Hope the Dudley fans are a hardy bunch, because once the play-off meetings come around, it will be freezing up on the tops! :)

Cannot wait for this. Convinced my dad to drive me down :D

Weather forecast I saw said rain this morning, then clearing up from about 1pm so should be perfect for racing.

Would have been nice to get someone else in the playoffs, especially as a win against Weymouth next week will see us top the league by my reckoning.

Not necessarily mate. I've posted about it on the 'Deadline' thread but basically all three clubs can finish on 45 points. Newport are out of contention for eventual top spot with an inferior points difference but there are just 7 points (points difference) between Dudley (our advantage) and Buxton. Advantage Heathens with a home meeting to come but we would still have to win by a significant margin to be sure of top spot. Buxton certainly have it in them to go away and win comfortably so we couldn't afford any slip-ups.

What is the weather like in the Midlands as it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday in Manchester

Pretty drab, dreary with occasional light to moderate at worst rain. Not enough rain by any stretch of the imagination to adversely affect conditions yet, and it's forecast to be an improving picture as the day wears on.

-------------------------------------------

Buxton are no mugs and Cook, Allott and Morris in particular will need to be neutralised. I would like to think, and the stats on paper back it up, that we are more solid through the 1-7 and that should pay off for us. A comfortable lead would be very nice please lads. :wink:

Weather at the moment is very, very, very light drizzle,but to counter act that a good drying wind, so nothing to worry about, providing we dont get a heavy monsoon like downpour sometime before 7-30pm meeting should be Ok.

I will obviously hope that "The Heathens" can take a 10 point lead up to Buxton even then i have doubts that will be enough, anything more than that will be a bonus, JG at reserve for the Hitmen will be a key rider in both these meetings, I rate Buxton as the strongest all round team in the League, so would say to any Neutrals, get along to both these meetings, they should be worth watching, and i would think very entertaining.

21st, you forgot to mention Robert Branford, and Jason Garrity, remember he is the young guy, who beat OUR Jake in the run off for 2nd place up at Belle Vue, when Nick won it..all in all a very strong top 5 at Buxton, Craig Cook,Adam Allott,Robert Branford,Nicky Morris,and Jason Garrity, though they are not the top five in the team, to my way of thinking those are there top 5 riders, now you just watch one of the other two prove me wrong.

For "The Heathens" we need ALL of our riders to be on song, and hopefully e/f, and falls were got out of the way at PB last week, come on "ommer um" or at least try to.. ;)

By the way JAYNE, please make sure you Double or even treble your normal programme print for the 2nd leg please..whatever support we brought up for the league meeting, YOU can be sure we will bring up more than that this time, and i feel sure there will be a large neutral contingent this time around also..just hope the sun shines this afternoon and for the 2nd leg. Good luck to both Teams, and please a Hard but fair meeting, and NO Injuries.

Edited by greyhoundp

Its 1-30 and just looked outside, and its NOT so good weatherwise now, we have a steady downpour outside here in Dudley 5/6 miles from the Track, if this keeps up for a couple of hours, then the meeting will be in doubt, the forcast says clearing after 1-00 pm cant see any clear or light skies at the moment, so lets hope the forcast proves right..

My opinion is if this present rain continues until 4-00pm then stops we should be okay still, if it continues like this past 4-00pm the meeting will be VERY Doubtful, so all i can say folks is keep a constant check on weather as of NOW, IMO tonights meeting must be doubtful as this rain looks to be set in, bl**dy British weather.

Edited by greyhoundp

weather needs to start clearing pretty quick for this to have any chance id have thought.just had a heavy downfall in tipton :(

21st, you forgot to mention Robert Branford, and Jason Garrity, remember he is the young guy, who beat OUR Jake in the run off for 2nd place up at Belle Vue, when Nick won it..all in all a very strong top 5 at Buxton, Craig Cook,Adam Allott,Robert Branford,Nicky Morris,and Jason Garrity, though they are not the top five in the team, to my way of thinking those are there top 5 riders, now you just watch one of the other two prove me wrong.

Fair comment mate. But in my view the three I mentioned are the ones that may win vital races and of course if we can stop them then we at least split the race 3-3. Jake is not so good on the small tracks and I think I'll be right in saying that's his only ever visit to BV, which is pretty unique with a slick surface, long straights and very tight turns. Also it's worth noting that Jake is bottom of our home averages which backs up my view that he's not good on the small tracks (with us having predominantly ridden Monmore). But as I started to say it's a fair comment you make. Buxton are very much a threat and have been on a good run so the Heathens should certainly take nothing for granted nor allow good results in the past to lead to complacency in the future. The next meeting then the next meeting etc is going to be the most important of the season for the next few weeks. It's crunch time and there's pressure on young shoulders. Hopefully the terrific support the lads have had all year will carry them through. :)

--------------------------------

On the weather front - I am at work near the track so in a good position to comment. We've had fairly persistent light rain or drizzle most of the day but finally it's beginning to brighten up after a pretty dank day. The rain we've had should have just watered the track evenly rather than the track staff having to try to do it. It's pretty mild and breezy so it will begin to dry out quite quickly as the late afternoon and early evening passes.

*edit* Update 16:00 - The blue sky is getting ever nearer. I expect to see the sun before the end of the day. :approve:

*edit* Update 17:00 - Sun came out about 16:15 and it's drying up with sun intervals.

Well done to Buxton, you really have some team. Dudley have been rampant at Monmore in recent home meetings and to go there and win is really a top notch effort.

I see Micky D put in another good showing :wink: ......