British Speedway Forum
Killer Cat from Mars

Dudley Heathens Vs Buxton Hitmen - Tuesday 14th September

Absolutely correct and I should have made a clear distinction. I was just trying to point out that things happen that are down to individuals. But again, you're quite right to point out the difference. :)

This was just someone clumsily opening a bottle of champagne, not grabbing someone by the throat!

Didn't look clumsy to me, just stupid :wink:

Let me just say that what i'm saying isn't an allegation it's a statement of fact & the club & i have every intention of seeking out the culprit.

My sincere thanks to Nigel Pearson & my sincere thanks to those people that pulled this yob off me.

Edited by colincooke

A bit gutted to read this to be honest but as we all know it's unfortunately the case that on occasion one or two individuals cause trouble it ends up being the club that gets a bad name. Hopefully it's all sorted to a satisfactory conclusion.

Slightly disappointed with the comment by stansolo. We are, of course, grateful for the opportunity afforded us by Wolves/B'ham but lets not forget it wasn't so long ago that a B'ham fan caused a spot of bother up at Sheffield. As I said, unfortunately these things happen from time-to-time but it's down to the actions of individuals not the clubs as a whole.

Have to say 21st century heathen, the Heathens are a speedway team with no home, after the riders wherever the Heathens race the supporters who stand on the terraces are the front for the club.

If the allegations are found to be true, the alledged supporter has not only let the Heathens and its managemant down but the likes of yourself.

Its very poor PR for a great club hoping to make strides in finding a new home in the Black Country.

Edited by stansolo

Thinking about it and after reading all these posts, we really should be saluting the fantastic and so far succesful return and how well the team have done.

I really hope this rubbish can be sorted out.

what was said to provoke this

I've already said there was no provocation,the lad is just a yob who didn't like the fact all 4 riders we're applauded at the end of the final race.

I detest the fact that 1 person could spoil all the hard work everyone @ Dudley is doing to secure a future.

Can i just say now that i wish this subject to be closed on here so those that are investigating can do so without prejudice.

I'm not exactly enjoying being reminded myself either.

Edited by colincooke

Lets hope this alledged person can be found out, reported to the police regarding possible GBH - with witneses? - then banished from Wolverhampton and Birmingham speedway tracks|!

Lets hope this alledged person can be found out, reported to the police regarding possible GBH - with witneses? - then banished from Wolverhampton and Birmingham speedway tracks|!

How about all tracks? The arsehole shouldn't be welcome anywhere!

Can i just say now that i wish this subject to be closed on here so those that are investigating can do so without prejudice.

I'm not exactly enjoying being reminded myself either.

I think we should respect this and move on now. :)

I disagree mate. I think that's looking, if only half-heartedly, for some sort of excuse. There was nothing wrong with the track. We met a team that were sharper from the gate most of the night and quicker out in front than most visitors this season. The like of Perry, Morris and Franklin found it more difficult to come from behind, although they all did okay. That coupled with poor showings from Smart, Evans and Anderson, for whatever the varied reasons, meant that the Heathens weren't coming through from the back as they have in virtually every other home meeting (the Mildenhall meeting that never was being the exception).

Anyway, onwards and upwards. We've got a league fixture to win this week. :approve:

No excuse intended mate. I fully accept we were beaten by a better team. We were outridden and Buxton deserved to win by more - we got off lightly. Any issues regarding the track were the same for both teams and Buxton coped better.

However, I stand by the fact that of all the meetings I've attended this season, the racing was poor by comparison. I took a mate with me who I picked up en route in Derby. A big sports fan (and BBC radio presenter/producer) who has only been to one or two speedway meetings. For all of my efforts in waxing lyrical about the entertainment, this one didnt quite live up to previous standards for me, and it wasn't just the result.

The track cut up terribly. Riders couldn't get round the bend in some cases and the riders were more spread out than usual throughout many races.

I can't argue with that as a factual statement. The racing was not as exciting but in my opinion there was absolutely nothing wrong with the track. We were just out-ridden on it. :)