British Speedway Forum
Killer Cat from Mars

Dudley Heathens Vs Buxton Hitmen - Tuesday 14th September

What happened to Barrie Evans ?

What happened to Barrie Evans ?

He was rubbish. As was Jake Anderson.

The other riders all got stuck in and made it a good meeting.

What a result to win with only 5 riders :D

Hope Lewis is ok :(

He was rubbish. As was Jake Anderson.

The other riders all got stuck in and made it a good meeting.

What a result to win with only 5 riders :D

Hope Lewis is ok :(

Just got back and what an effort from the lads :D Lewis has been released from hospital and is aiming to be on track on Sunday :D

What a fantastic performance from the Buxton boys tonight. They all rode their socks off and throughly deserved their win. It was a great meeting to watch too and I have to rank that my favourite meeting of the season so far. Great news too about Lewis being released from hospital. His crash in Heat 2 was almost a carbon copy of Tai Woffinden's from the night before. Full scores and heat details as follows, courtesy of the Buxton Facebook page:

Dudley Heathen 43

Lee Smart 2112 = 6+2

Micky Dyer 32331 = 12

Tom Perry 22320 = 9

Jake Anderson 010 = 1+1

Barrie Evans R010 = 1+1

Ashley Morris 2223 = 9

Richard Franklin 11210 = 5+3

Buxton Hitmen 47

Craig Cook = 13332 = 12+1

Jonathan Bethell R/R

Robert Branford 11103 = 6

Adam Allott 33223 = 13

Nick Morris 3311 = 8+1

Lewis Dallaway F/ex Withdrawn = 0

Jason Garrity F/ex 3202F/ex1 = 8+2

Heat 1: (Re-run). Dyer, Smart, Cook, Garrity(F/ex). 58.76. 5-1

Heat 2: (Re-run). Garrity, A.Morris, Franklin, Dallaway(F/ex). 60.51. 3-3. (8-4)

Heat 3: Allott, Perry, Branford, Anderson. 58.47. 2-4. (10-8)

Heat 4: N.Morris, Garrity, Franklin, Evans(Ret). 61.00. 1-5. (11-13)

Heat 5: Cook, Perry, Anderson. (3 riders only). 59.99. 3-3. (14-16)

Heat 6: N.Morris, Dyer, Smart. (3 riders only). 60.69. 3-3. (17-19)

Heat 7: Allott, A.Morris, Branford, Evans. 60.08. 2-4. (19-23)

Heat 8: Dyer, Franklin, Branford, Garrity. 60.14. 5-1. (24-24)

Heat 9: Perry, Garrity, N.Morris, Anderson. 60.02. 3-3. (27-27)

Heat 10: Dyer, Allott, Smart, Branford. 59.57. 4-2. (31-29)

Heat 11: Cook, A.Morris, Evans. (3 riders only). 58.78. 3-3. (34-32)

Heat 12: (Re-run). Branford, Perry, Franklin, Garrity(F/ex). 60.46. 3-3. (37-35)

Heat 13: Cook, Smart, N.Morris, Evans. 59.12. 2-4. (39-39)

Heat 14: A.Morris, Allott, Garrity, Franklin. 59.33. 3-3. (42-42)

Heat 15: Allott, Cook, Dyer, Perry. 59.36. 1-5. (43-47)

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

Lewis has been released from hospital and is aiming to be on track on Sunday :D

Excellent news :D

well done jayne, your guys were excellent tonight and worthy winners, good news on lewis..looked nasty, will say that is the worst perfomance iv seen from lee at monmore, he,s been brilliant all season but looked well down and jake and barrie..2pts between them...not what you want in a home leg of a semi final, round 1 to buxton, i hope we put in a better perfomance on sunday, it was going to be tough with a lead...but now... :neutral:

well done jayne, your guys were excellent tonight and worthy winners, good news on lewis..looked nasty, will say that is the worst perfomance iv seen from lee at monmore, he,s been brilliant all season but looked well down and jake and barrie..2pts between them...not what you want in a home leg of a semi final, round 1 to buxton, i hope we put in a better perfomance on sunday, it was going to be tough with a lead...but now... :neutral:

as the saying goes its not all over till the fat lady sings, cant see barry lee and jake all scoring so low again in one meeting so chins up all to play for

Congrats to Buxton. The best team, by a margin, won the meeting and that has been the general feeling from the Heathens fans. I've not heard or seen any excuses. Certainly there have been grumbles about our performance but everyone is just holding their hands up and saying we were well beaten. I was happy to read on the Dudley website, and again on here, that Lewis is okay after his crash. :approve: He's going to have to watch out for those black cats on his way to Monmore in future. :P

Well done to Micky, 'Fred' and Ash for keeping us in the meeting for so long. Rich had no pace but scored reasonable points for a reserve but I know he was not at all happy last night and expects much more of himself. He escapes the worst of the criticism but it wasn't his best performance. Lee had no pace but was clearly wringing it's neck and working damned hard for the points he did get. But in a crunch meeting you desperately need more than that from the number 1 and captain. It was very disappointing to see him struggling so badly for pace when he's having such a good season in the NL, and his return to the PL has been a huge success. That just leaves Jake and Barrie. Other than being abusive, which I won't resort to, all I can say is that I hope they hung their heads in shame after meeting last night. Both were utterly useless. I'll leave it at that!! Overall it was a poor night, but a rare one. The fans will bounce back after 'mourning' the result for a couple of days and I'm sure the riders will too. The KOC may be out of reach now, though with 15 heats to go and no pressure you never know, but we still have the league to go for so it'll be heads down and ass up for those meetings.

For Buxton Cook was very good after a first ride blip when he was well beaten, and from the back, by a slow Smarty and blitzed by the length of the straight by Dyer. Branford chipped away and picked up an unexpected and vital win at an important time. He gated well and got in the way a few times, and although a little shaky at times he was picking up points which was clearly job done from his point of view. Allott and Morris were very good value for their points with sharp gating and good raw pace. Morris was also a victim of a 'from the back' effort by Smarty by there's no disgrace in that despite the Heathen's lack of pace. Garrity was, well, different!! :lol: He had very good straight line speed but the tight turns seemed to flummox him on any number of occasions which led to up and down results. When he rode a bit smoother he was amongst the big points but otherwise in a bit of trouble. And I think someone should have a word in his ear because his attitude a couple of times was shocking. :rolleyes: One to watch if he calms down a bit and just rides smooth and a little more within himself. He was a bit too much on the edge in my humble opinion. No doubt the points he got were valuable and he was a major contributor to the win though.

Once again congrats to Buxton. We were well beaten and if anything the score flatters us a little.

Congrats to Buxton. The best team, by a margin, won the meeting and that has been the general feeling from the Heathens fans. I've not heard or seen any excuses. Certainly there have been grumbles about our performance but everyone is just holding their hands up and saying we were well beaten. I was happy to read on the Dudley website, and again on here, that Lewis is okay after his crash. :approve: He's going to have to watch out for those black cats on his way to Monmore in future. :P

Well done to Micky, 'Fred' and Ash for keeping us in the meeting for so long. Rich had no pace but scored reasonable points for a reserve but I know he was not at all happy last night and expects much more of himself. He escapes the worst of the criticism but it wasn't his best performance. Lee had no pace but was clearly wringing it's neck and working damned hard for the points he did get. But in a crunch meeting you desperately need more than that from the number 1 and captain. It was very disappointing to see him struggling so badly for pace when he's having such a good season in the NL, and his return to the PL has been a huge success. That just leaves Jake and Barrie. Other than being abusive, which I won't resort to, all I can say is that I hope they hung their heads in shame after meeting last night. Both were utterly useless. I'll leave it at that!! Overall it was a poor night, but a rare one. The fans will bounce back after 'mourning' the result for a couple of days and I'm sure the riders will too. The KOC may be out of reach now, though with 15 heats to go and no pressure you never know, but we still have the league to go for so it'll be heads down and ass up for those meetings.

For Buxton Cook was very good after a first ride blip when he was well beaten, and from the back, by a slow Smarty and blitzed by the length of the straight by Dyer. Branford chipped away and picked up an unexpected and vital win at an important time. He gated well and got in the way a few times, and although a little shaky at times he was picking up points which was clearly job done from his point of view. Allott and Morris were very good value for their points with sharp gating and good raw pace. Morris was also a victim of a 'from the back' effort by Smarty by there's no disgrace in that despite the Heathen's lack of pace. Garrity was, well, different!! :lol: He had very good straight line speed but the tight turns seemed to flummox him on any number of occasions which led to up and down results. When he rode a bit smoother he was amongst the big points but otherwise in a bit of trouble. And I think someone should have a word in his ear because his attitude a couple of times was shocking. :rolleyes: One to watch if he calms down a bit and just rides smooth and a little more within himself. He was a bit too much on the edge in my humble opinion. No doubt the points he got were valuable and he was a major contributor to the win though.

Once again congrats to Buxton. We were well beaten and if anything the score flatters us a little.

First visit to Monmore Green to see racing at this level. I was not disappointed and the standard was a real advert for NL league knockers. Twice in the past few weeks (Scunny) away Buxton stole the show and put on an entertaining meeting. It is what NL is all about giving the opportunity for young riders to cut their teeth or pursue their love of the sport if they are now looking at dentures.

As a visiting fan I was impressed with Dyer, never heard of him before but a real trier and demonstrated in heat 1 good speed.

The Hitmen did the travelling supporters proud, I note the slight criticism of Garrity but after that shocking workshop accident last year where he nearly lost two fingers and a season, I guess the the former under 15 National champion is trying to make up for lost time so his exhuberance is possibly a consequence of this. He is a trier, entertainer and his balance on occasions reminds me of Mort and the Morans. We need riders like him to boost UK speedway. The lad from Manchester is doing ok!

Once again a very entertaining meeting apart form the terrace fracas at the end.

disappointing from the lads but you need your heat leaders scoring better than that.however its not over yet.there will be a lot of us on sunday cheering the lads so you never know.garrity looked a decent rider for the future but needs to calm down which will come.the potentials there tho.no need for the constant arm pumping but you carnt knock the enthusiam.well done to buxton tho they looked very good.looking forward to another visit there on sunday.didnt see any fracas after the meeting the buxton fans seemed noisy but they won so dont blame em.wait till you hear the noise from us on sunday

terrace fracas ??? what happened there ? handbags at dawn ?

these so called spedway fans started pushing and shoveing near to a young lady who had a small baby in a pram and

should be ashamed of themselfs they have no place at speedway they should be banned :mad: well done Buxton a great result with only five riders :D

I walked past two blokes arguing on the steps close to the office; can't have been that, surely? Hardly a fracas (on reflection it was barely an argument).

I'd cut Garrity some slack at that age; he's got time to mature. Nearly wiping out his teammate on the last bend for a consolation third-place point wasn't too clever, mind!

Welll done to mighty hitmen cleen sweep is on the cards now IMO, nice home win on the cards now :wink:

Cant see no one touching you 2bh

I walked past two blokes arguing on the steps close to the office; can't have been that, surely? Hardly a fracas (on reflection it was barely an argument).

I saw someone being held back by others, so someone was trying to 'go at it'