British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

Coventry carry a 52-38 lead after destroying the Panthers in the last 3 heats.

Panthers will need to ride out of there skin and will rely on the home advantage of the Showground to over turn this 14 point deficit

Prediction

Peterborough Panthers 51-41 Coventry Bees

Can Kenneth Bjerre inspire Peterborough?

Can Peterborough book a suatible guest for Iversen (pleaseee) :lol:

Good luck to Peterborough and Coventry and hopefully there are no injuries.

Bjerre needs to be an inspiration and ride like the play offs mean something,a bit of team riding may help.

If Iversen doesn't turn up then you can only have r/r,he seemed to ride alright in the gp,i heard he changed an engine in the middle of last nights meeting,what was that all about,surely he bought a second bike with him he was comfortable with.

Bjerre needs to be an inspiration and ride like the play offs mean something,a bit of team riding may help.

If Iversen doesn't turn up then you can only have r/r,he seemed to ride alright in the gp,i heard he changed an engine in the middle of last nights meeting,what was that all about,surely he bought a second bike with him he was comfortable with.

bjerre has been a inspiration all season at the showground,puk is puk liable to go thro the card or get 2 or 3 thats him i'm afraid

Well it's Coventry's place in the Final to lose now, so the Panthers should have no pressure on them. Everything to gain and all that...

Wish I could be there but I don't think I'll make it - hope it's good 'un.

May the home fans enjoy the thought of a comeback for a few races, then let the Bees fans enjoy the night biggrin.gif

icon_smile_tongue.gif

Good luck to both teams ... cannot see Bees losing this now & I am quite sure the instruction will be to try to win the meeting. Throw in IF Panthers get 10pts up they can use a TR and the task looks even more impossible. BIG night for Bjerre, he needs to go thru the card on his home track (& indeed should do) .... and Batch, PUK & Rory need to be on there game as well.

Really looking forward to this one ... & hopefully a Bees win B)

Out of 17 home meetings this season, we have won a grand total of.... 4 by more than 14. Throw in that Coventry are the form team, with riders who go well around the EOES, and the fact that they will have 2 tac rides available to them if go that far behind, we have about, 1 in 100 chance of going through.

We will do well to win the meeting, let alone win by 14+.

We wont have enough heat winners or riders backing eachother up, we are going to need Norbert and Matty to go to town on Bridger and Pawlicki at reserve, and hope are top 5, outscore theres.

At the moment, Im going for a 4 point Coventry win, just lost all faith in the riders after last nights collapse. Might change my mind after Fridays meeting, but that wont be easy.

Panthers have got a bit of a warm-up v the Robins on Friday to make sure everyone's dialled in for Monday and there are no excuses. They know what they must do and have the job in front of them, so if they're not good enough so be it!

May the best team win - preferably the one with the most Aussies in! Go ROOBOY!

Edited by BigFatDave

Paanthers have got a bit of a warm-up v the Robins on Friday to make sure everyone's dialled in for Monday and there are no excuses. They know what they must do and have the job in front of them, so if they're not good enough so be it!

May the best team win - preferably the one with the most Aussies in! Go ROOBOY!

Batchelor/Rory vs Sweetman/Summers, its a clear tie! :D

Batchelor/Rory vs Sweetman/Summers, its a clear tie! :D

Is Spud in the team for next week? He'd love EOES!

Is Spud in the team for next week? He'd love EOES!

I wouldn't have thought so but he is still part of the Bees 2010 team! :P;)

I think those last three heats at Brandon have cooked Panthers goose. Less than ten and they would have had a great chance of making the final but with T/R's allowed as soon as Coventry are ten down and with Harris on good form, I don't see Panthers able to get enough of a lead to win this. I hope I am wrong because the racing at EOES is far superior to the one line out wide at Brandon.

Panthers will need Bucc back to how he was scoring early this season, Iversen to get his act together and both Panthers reserves really clicking. The others are on decent form. Luckily for Panthers they have a meeting on Friday to get themselves really sorted. The weather is fine this week so they will get that practice.

Bees already done the hard work so its all up to the Panthers.

Can they up the anti? I dont think so.

As always it will be down to whether the likes of Schlein can be a match stealer. A key rider that hardly turns in the right way.

To be fair to Rory he has done better since his move to peterborough. But im not sure if id be comfortable if a 5-1 was needed in the last heat that he is ever the man to do it.

Coventry to probably win, and then get mullered by the Pirates :P

TREVORS COMMENTS concerning next mondays track todays e.t

our track team -who are just about the best in the country-will be given clear instructions to make it as deep and grippy as they possibly can and will continue to work on it throughout the meeting to ensure it doesn't go slick.track curator dean wyers and helpers will do their bit and we need the riders to do theirs

Same as last time the Bees were there then! We saw more tractor racing then speedway races. Same result will do fine :D

TREVORS COMMENTS concerning next mondays track todays e.t

our track team -who are just about the best in the country-will be given clear instructions to make it as deep and grippy as they possibly can and will continue to work on it throughout the meeting to ensure it doesn't go slick.track curator dean wyers and helpers will do their bit and we need the riders to do theirs

Trevor should just tell Coventry he is scared of them. It will backfire on them for sure, panthers gated at Poole ok on our slick track so no reason way they can't keep the track how it normally is.