British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

The magic of sport is it's uncertainty and despite the Peterborough fans insisting they can pull it back and the Bees fans telling us the 14 points lead will be enough....

Not me - I'm really worried and think Peterborough will catch up in the first few heats. :neutral:

It is not one of Barker's favourite tracks and he hasn't been in good form for a while anyway. Richard Sweetman, while I think he's a great rider and a shame he's a Swindon asset and not Coventry, may struggle tonight. Lewis is so unpredictable he could do anything, likewise Ed Kennett. Kasprzak seems to either gate and go or the opposite and ends up at the back. Hopefully the track will be grippy enough for Chris to produce some of his spectacular passes from the back because I can't see him out-gating the Peterborough riders who are mostly pretty sharp from the gate. That leaves Pawlicki. He seemed to get the hang of the track quickly last time so hopefully will put in a good performance at reserve.

May the best team win and all the riders have an injury free meeting.

Well i for one are glad the lads in the team won't be negative.

If Coventry dont qualify for the Final, it will be a bigger shock than us losing at home to Eastbourne TBH.

Harris and Rosco will have fired up all the riders enough for this meeting, and Coventry have to much quality and T/R's to lose.

If Coventry dont qualify for the Final, it will be a bigger shock than us losing at home to Eastbourne TBH.

Harris and Rosco will have fired up all the riders enough for this meeting, and Coventry have to much quality and T/R's to lose.

See even Panthers fans agree. icon_lol.gificon_smile_wink.gif

See even Panthers fans agree. icon_lol.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Honestly Colin, bit of a joke that some of the Bee's fans are like this, talk about being negative, or is reverse psychology, expect the worse, and anything else is a bonus.

Dont get me wrong, I'd bloody love it, and it will probably be the best moment in Panthers recent history to pull this deficit back, but realistically, about 1/100 of it happening.

Honestly Colin, bit of a joke that some of the Bee's fans are like this, talk about being negative, or is reverse psychology, expect the worse, and anything else is a bonus.

Dont get me wrong, I'd bloody love it, and it will probably be the best moment in Panthers recent history to pull this deficit back, but realistically, about 1/100 of it happening.

you do get to love it all don't ya. que sera sera is what i say.

you do get to love it all don't ya. que sera sera is what i say.

Exactly... what happens happens, end of the day, we will see a good meeting, and both clubs will have the cup aswell to go for, and both will be back to mount a heavy challenge on the title next year, and years after that, as both clubs, along with Poole and Wolves are the best in the league.

Course I want to win, as I dont want to be a loser, but someone has to lose, its all part of the sport we love.

Bring it on :approve:

Prediction

Peterborough Panthers 51-41 Coventry Bees

Peterborough Panthes 55-39 Coventry Bees

You heard it hear first

:lol::lol:

Really is Coventrys to lose. Panthers blew it completely in the last three heats at Brandon. If they had kept it to below 10 they would have had a great chance but with T/rs Coventry will get through.

A shame for speedway fans other than from Coventry because the EOES produces great racing and if Poole make it through we would have been in for a feast of action from the two best race tracks (IMO) in the EL.

Quite right Steve,never mind it will most likely be Brandon but i don't like Swales comment that they don't need to go all out from the start,oh yes they do.

I am very confident that the Bees will progress tonight. 14 points and 2 x TR rides will be enough. To be honest last week worked well for us, as if Peterborough had drifted that fair behind after 10 heats they would have made a difference to their scores.

Think Panthers will win, but Bees comfortable 4 - 6 behind

Think this is going to be a tight one tonight, with Sweetman being the weak link for Cov and Schlein producing the goods for the Panthers, and Peterborough just clinching it by a couple of points to meet Poole in the final

this will be really tight tonight hoping for a cov win but think peterborough might just nick it, oh well lets get it on and hope for no injuries and that the best team win in the end and set up a cracking final for the fans

come on the BEES

Think this is going to be a tight one tonight, with Sweetman being the weak link for Cov and Schlein producing the goods for the Panthers, and Peterborough just clinching it by a couple of points to meet Poole in the final

The same teams rode two week ago and Coventry won by 2 any reason why you reckon why there will be a 17 points turnround ? Panthers have got weak links both of them are at reserve