Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

Well done to the Bees who went out from the start and grabbed the tie by the scruff of the net while the home riders were whinging about the track. Sweetman was a star tonight, shame he missed a heat

A ridiculous exclusion for Schlein - not as bad as the one at Wolves a couple of years back though - but Bomber was already heading down before Schlein lost control, still in the end it made no difference to the overall outcome

What i don't understand is at what point did the Peterborough promotion think "let's put plenty of dirt down, Harris, Barker, Kennett and Kasperzak will hate that, compared to Bjerre, Iversen and Schlein" :blink:

Well done Coventry, deserved the win, you rode with a pair of bollocks unlike our overpaid waste of space mob.

Bjerre = embarrassing, if he is back next season, I wont be, cant have that kinda peformance with that average.

Rory = Unlucky in 1 heat, but others, no where, shocking.

Niels = Woeful, couple of ok heats, rest, crap.

Troy = biggest poof in the world, pluck up the courage and attack the track, or just piss off.

Buckz and Norbert, I hope their back next season, wouldnt complain at all, not seeing anyone else back from the current team, as that was utter shambolic today.

First time in 10 years I left the meeting early, TV coverage is awful for the paying public, it benefits fans not going, which I dont think is fair, why should we not enjoy our entertainment as we have to wait 15 minutes for a heat?

Ref was awful, Schlein should of gone in heat 3, then Harris was very clever in getting Rory excluded, Wrong decision, but could see how the ref saw it, so not complaining, end of the day, would of made no difference.

So, hopefully...

Bye Bye Bjerre

Bye Bye Niels

Bye Bye Troy

Bye Bye Rory

Bye Bye Matt

Bye Bye Curator

Bye Bye Pat Butcher

and Bye Bye Pat Butchers son

Shame about the track...all it did was cause Peterborough embarrassment and Coventry injury worries.

Well done Bees, job done. Stay fired up boys, for our toughest title chase yet ! cool.gif

Well done Coventry, deserved the win, you rode with a pair of bollocks unlike our overpaid waste of space mob.

Bjerre = embarrassing, if he is back next season, I wont be, cant have that kinda peformance with that average.

Rory = Unlucky in 1 heat, but others, no where, shocking.

Niels = Woeful, couple of ok heats, rest, crap.

Troy = biggest poof in the world, pluck up the courage and attack the track, or just piss off.

Buckz and Norbert, I hope their back next season, wouldnt complain at all, not seeing anyone else back from the current team, as that was utter shambolic today.

First time in 10 years I left the meeting early, TV coverage is awful for the paying public, it benefits fans not going, which I dont think is fair, why should we not enjoy our entertainment as we have to wait 15 minutes for a heat?

Ref was awful, Schlein should of gone in heat 3, then Harris was very clever in getting Rory excluded, Wrong decision, but could see how the ref saw it, so not complaining, end of the day, would of made no difference.

So, hopefully...

Bye Bye Bjerre

Bye Bye Niels

Bye Bye Troy

Bye Bye Rory

Bye Bye Matt

Bye Bye Curator

Bye Bye Pat Butcher

and Bye Bye Pat Butchers son

Hans has to be back next season, He is a true Panthers legend

Panther's management took a risk making the track grippy to suit their team - it didn't work. I have no problem with that. They obviosuly thought that the Bees Poles were gating tarts and the rest of the didn't favour the EOES anyway so the visitors would fall apart. Blew up in their faces big time. What I do have a problem with is preparing a dangerous track. It was clear that it was like riding through a mixture of semi-set concrete mixed with treacle early on. Just great for the guys of both teams. No wonder Bjerre gave up after bend one. Anyway, well done to the Bees. You shouldn't have to race on tracks like that but you had the cojones to do it! 10 points should give us a fighting chance at Wimbourne, KK and Bomber could both outscore Poole's top end.

Why not bring back Ryan Sullivan as well :wink::P

Onto the meeting awesome win for the mighty bees who wanted it more from start to finish, fingers crossed they can do the same against Poole in the final :D

PS - Swales quote on the BSPA site 'Our fans can help by being patient as well - their uneasiness easily transmits itself to the riders and that's the last thing we want' .... more like the riders uneasiness easily transmits to the fans and that is the last thing we want I reckon ...

I too thought Roo Boy should have been excluded in Ht 3 but it should have been Bomber when the two riders met late on ... Schlein for holding up the start twice and Bomber for falling off, not laying down. But heyy, we won :D again :D:D

Cheers

PPS - Can we get Panthers track curators to work on Wimborne Road in two weeks time please .... any dirt would be appreciated ... thanks. :D:D

Hans has to be back next season, He is a true Panthers legend

If you think Hans would have fared any better than Bjerre tonight on the ploughed field then think again. Tonight's defeat completely down to track prep. and don't say it was the same for both teams, whenever a track is prepared differently to normal it is an advantage to the visitors. With normal track prep I would have fancied P'boro to have beaten Coventry by more than 14 points and qualified for the final. I can assure you I am a neutral and have no axe to grind with either team . Poor refereeing decision when Schlein was excluded , the sort of decision that most supporters think is just but is never given because there is no definite guidance in the rule book to justify exclusion. Poole should pulversise Coventry in the final,.

Well done to the Bees who went out from the start and grabbed the tie by the scruff of the net while the home riders were whinging about the track. Sweetman was a star tonight, shame he missed a heat

A ridiculous exclusion for Schlein - not as bad as the one at Wolves a couple of years back though - but Bomber was already heading down before Schlein lost control, still in the end it made no difference to the overall outcome

Although it didn't, this was one of the worst decisions by a ref whether on TV or not. Only decisions by that Polish ref (name escapes me} can come close.

Its so dispointing to see a such an important meeting on such a dreadfully prepared track. I accept that with P'bro facing a 14 point deficit they have to prepare a track to suit there riders, but in what way was that suited to the P'bro riders. They should do what they do in Cricket and clubs should face points deductions or fines, yes thats harsh but we asking riders to put their lives on the line, they deserve utimate respect in my opinion.

Thank god for Air Fences, the Kasprazak crash was a perfect example of why I think they should be compulsory at ALL tracks. Imagine if there wasnt one and just the Wooden Boards that were behind it. At the speed at which KK hit the fence, it really does send shivers down about thinking of what the consequences would have been without it.

On a lighter note Ive got to say well done to Sweets for his performance. He won us the fours there and its a track suited to his style for sure. Full time Elite League for him next year for sure so I hope he can continue this rich vein of form for the Brummies in our remaining matches.

Edited by Brummie Kev

If you think Hans would have fared any better than Bjerre tonight on the ploughed field then think again. Tonight's defeat completely down to track prep. and don't say it was the same for both teams, whenever a track is prepared differently to normal it is an advantage to the visitors. With normal track prep I would have fancied P'boro to have beaten Coventry by more than 14 points and qualified for the final. I can assure you I am a neutral and have no axe to grind with either team . Poor refereeing decision when Schlein was excluded , the sort of decision that most supporters think is just but is never given because there is no definite guidance in the rule book to justify exclusion. Poole should pulversise Coventry in the final,.

Totally and utterly DELUDED

Pboro were a shambles, they messed up the track instead of concentrating on the riders, then Pat Butcher gets interviewed and ge starts going on about how a 5 - 1 wiould change the meeting as we were only 2 points ahead..... did he forget the 14 point lead?