British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

What a night of entertainment.

Firstly, I think it's fair to say that as a Bees fan, we owe a thanks to a few people who made tonight very special.

First up is Mr. Trevor Swales. Promising a track piled high with dirt, the man did not disappoint. When we arrived at just gone 6 it was absolutely stacked with massive clumps of dirt all the way around the track. Seemingly, based on the work done after the Peterborough riders track walk, this was not want Peterborough wanted at all, and then sought to try and get as much muck off of it as possible. Great entertainment when they even started bringing regular vans round to try and pack it down.

Secondly, Kenneth Bjerre. Kenny rode an absolute blinder for us tonight. Easily the Bees man on the match. King Kenneth was surely looking to get himself a place at Brandon with an effort like that. To think there was genuine talk of him winning the world title this season :D Looked like an absolute junior.

Got to be said that was a superb effort from Coventry who turned up on a diabolical surface and beat them for the second time this season in their back yard. I love the back straight at Peterborough when you've got a lot of support with you, last night was no exception, great fun with a great atmosphere. Meeting wasn't much cop but then on that track you were more likely to find spuds growing than good racing.

Hope KK's balls are alright after that trip into the fence. Reckon he is probably feeling it this morning. Sweetman was our star man. Did a lot better than expected, only losing to 1 opposition rider in his completed heats. Top stuff. Barker has his best Peterborough performance yet, including a comical heat 12 to let the Peterborough reserve round him. Cracking effort in 15 though although it was always looking likely he;d either get there or bin it. Kennett again was better than I expected considering Kennet Barker and Sweetman at 2 3 and 4 were the worries before the meeting. Haris was Harris, had 2 more points than he should thanks to a diabolical decision, Pawlicki was extremely disappointing but he's probably never seen anything prepared even remotely like that, and Bridger did more than enough, including a brilliant first bend and ride in heat 14.

All in all I won't be losing much sleep about the Panthers gutless performance and I will be "enjoying this while it lasts" - which is longer than Peterborough will be enjoying the play offs for :approve:

Just a quick note though, the Rory exclusion was horrific. Harris is already near enough on his arse before Rory straightens up. I can't understand anyone who says differently. We were lucky but in reality, does it really matter?

Firstly.. a big well done to Coventry, thoroughly deserved over both legs, No complaint there.

Secondly.. The track, from were i was sat actually didnt look bad, And when KK came out in heat 1 and got the new track record i was proven right.

Thirdly.. Although in the end it didnt matter, we all witnessed the single worst Refereeing decision in speedway history!

And finally.. The first time ive ever walked out of a meeting with 3 heats to go, the panthers were an absolute embarrassment.. What a bunch of bottle jobs, even if they didnt like the track IT WAS THE SAME FOR BOTH TEAMS!!!!!

Bjerre - On that one DISGACEFUL performance alone i wouldnt have him back!! Let everyone down !! (Eveyone is gonna say but look hes been brilliant this season!!!What about when we needed him most last night!! 1 EFFING POINT because he didnt like the track!!)

Buzz - Brilliant, Man of the match for Panthers, Man of the season for panthers, and first on the team sheet next year.

Schlein - Another let down, isnt good enough. Ippo your welcome to him!

Niels - Is a good 2nd string, but can NEVER be classed as a heatleader!!!!!

Batch - His attitude stinks, and is the biggest gating tart in the history of speedway.

French bloke - See ya!!, Just not good enough

Norbi - Great effort, See you next season.

Last night was a shambles from word go!!!!

Good luck to Coventry in the final, at least the final will now be a close contest!!

It shows how fickle some P Boro fans are. All blaming Bjerre

I think you guys should remember he was on a 7.69 average. Only him and Buckz have increased there average allot

Peterborough lost this Semi Final because of Niels Kristian Iversen, Scoring 2pts at Brandon which led to Peterborough losing by 14, If the gap was around 7 or 8 then i can assure you the track would of been normal.

we went for a gamble, it didnt pay off, Stop moaning, Just imagine being Coventry fans at the start or Ipswitch or Easbourne.

Its been a good year but we fell short, Bring next season on and KB and Hans leading the charge :)

1pt from your number 1 and its not fair to blame Bjerre :lol: .... out scored by every Bees rider and it not fair to blame Bjerre :lol: ....

World Championship leader ... bottled it

WTC vital heat .. bottled it

Heats 13 & 15 at Brandon .. bottled it

1pt at home ... bottled it

He just aint up to the task .. why take chances when there is a GP this weekend ... same old story eh ??

We know where Kenneths loyalties lie don't we ... boy don't we know B)

And finally.. The first time ive ever walked out of a meeting with 3 heats to go, the panthers were an absolute embarrassment.. What a bunch of bottle jobs, even if they didnt like the track IT WAS THE SAME FOR BOTH TEAMS!!!!!

Bjerre - On that one DISGACEFUL performance alone i wouldnt have him back!! Let everyone down !! (Eveyone is gonna say but look hes been brilliant this season!!!What about when we needed him most last night!! 1 EFFING POINT because he didnt like the track!!)

Good honest UNBIASED reflection :approve:

People saying there was nothing wrong with the track at the start are talking nonsense, you could see most riders struggling. Which makes it all the more strange how KK got the track record.

You had the Frenchman straightening up in heat 2, whilst Bridger cocked it up in the same heat who then allowed Norbert the Pole through, who looked wild all race!

Barker and Harris went out and won in the next two heats but these are two extremely good grasstrack riders, racing a track that rough would be a walk in the park for them as it proved.

I think barring one ride, Batchelor was pretty good, only dropping one point from his remaining rides. It wasnt him who let you down lastnight really, it wasnt PUK either. It was Bjerre and Scheiln.

Scheiln has always been a tart when it comes to track prep, I remember a PLRC on TV at Sheffield before and he was one of the leaders in a riders protest about the track. But you expect more from Bjerre. That was shocking and any manager with a pair of balls would sack him on the spot. At least Iversen and Batchelor actually went out and won a race (Batchelor two) and tried. Bjerre didn't want to know barring one race where he seemed to have it under control until he lost it.

The Frenchman just isnt EL standard and anyone who thinks he is is kidding themselves.

Still, well done Coventry on making the final, but watching Poole lastnight, I think they will do well to get within 10 points of the Pirates on aggregate.

You call yourselves supporters! Bjerre has one bad meeting all season and everyone kills him. Ye it was a crucial meeting but give the lad a break we're meant to pick our boys up not put them down! Sort it out!

I think you guys should remember he was on a 7.69 average. Only him and Buckz have increased there average allot

Peterborough lost this Semi Final because of Niels Kristian Iversen, Scoring 2pts at Brandon which led to Peterborough losing by 14, If the gap was around 7 or 8 then i can assure you the track would of been normal.

we went for a gamble, it didnt pay off, Stop moaning, Just imagine being Coventry fans at the start or Ipswitch or Easbourne.

Its been a good year but we fell short, Bring next season on and KB and Hans leading the charge :)

Maybe not all the blame rests with Bjerre but 1 point,he should have got 15 on his own track,Lindgren got paid 16 away,is this the same guy who came second in the gp.

Aint read that much bullrubbish on here in a long team.

Bjerre didn't struggle lastnight, he just didn't put in any effort. He did not want to know because the track wasnt as slick as hell to suit him.

PUK clearly had an off night at Brandon, it wasnt the track didnt suit him, he tried his nuts off, he also appeared to have machine problems.

Bjerre is a 9+ rider this season, to score 1 from 4 rides is a disgrace.

You call yourselves supporters! Bjerre has one bad meeting all season and everyone kills him. Ye it was a crucial meeting but give the lad a break we're meant to pick our boys up not put them down! Sort it out!

6 or 7pts is a bad meeting .... ONE point is a rider not trying ... and for THAT he deserves all he gets ... as I said there is a GP this weekend .. strange that ;):D

Bjerre didn't struggle lastnight, he just didn't put in any effort. He did not want to know because the track wasnt as slick as hell to suit him.

Spot on B)

PUK clearly had an off night at Brandon, it wasnt the track didnt suit him, he tried his nuts off, he also appeared to have machine problems.

Exactly, well put!!

I dont care what Bjerre has done in the past seasons and this season, It was all about last night, we needed our 'top rider' to have a good night, and the minute he saw the track he wasnt interested. Not only a disgrace, but completley un professional.

Watching on the big screen at Poole last night the Schlein/Harris fall was met with disbelief from the Poole fans. Dreadful ref decision, though in the scheme of things it would have made no difference.

Watching on the big screen at Poole last night the Schlein/Harris fall was met with disbelief from the Poole fans. Dreadful ref decision, though in the scheme of things it would have made no difference.

Not sure weather is was correct to ex Schlein but i have no doubt that Harris layed his bike down to avoid hitting hit rather than falling of own ..thought it was a tough call for the ref as it's a bit of a grey area .

think schlien gets more than his fair share of these because of his un tidy style.

a couple of years ago he was excluded at wolves when he was out in fron out of the bend when the two wolves riders come together,

just the stupidity of preparing a track like that, pboro team are lets be honest primarily gaters, think this would have worked against poole to be honest, just plain dumb and for that reason i wont be investing!

We decided in this house that Bjerre struggled because of his size/lack of weight.

Just goes to show why most televised meetings have slickish tracks cos the schedules don't allow for regular grading/putting mistakes right!

We decided in this house that Bjerre struggled because of his size/lack of weight.

Never thought of that .. after all Bomber is 6'1" and 17 stone :lol:

Great meeting last night, the track was so deep on the outside. I think the tractor did more laps than the bikes.

I've never seen such a large following of Bees fans, brilliant.

Roll on next week, whatever happens the Bees should be pleased that they made the playoffs nevermind the final!