British Speedway Forum
bruno

Team Building For 2011

Here is my attempt,

League,

No play-offs

National Shield (Top 4)

National trophy for the rest + teams like sittingbourne

(these two obviously after the season has finished)

KOC as it is (before league season)

NLRC, Pairs, 4TT all at neutral venue

NLRC (Top 2 riders in team)

NL Pairs (3rd and 4th riders in team)

NL 4TT (remaining 4 riders in squad, inc number 8)

Team set up,

1 rider only over 30

points limit reduced slightly but not to 36 that is too low

2 commonwealth, but none are allowed to ride at number 6 or 7 at any point in the season

Every team MUST have an 8 man team

Brand new riders to the NL,

Commonwealth riders,

if riding PL aswell, 8.00

otherwise, 5.00

British riders,

16-18 years, 2.00

19-23 years, 3.00

24+ years, 4.00

Edited by RhysHooper

Some interesting ideas there Rhys, i dont pretend to have any mechanical knowledge whatsoever miles, so i take your point that 250,s are more expensive to maintain... I purely and simply put forward an idea to possibly cut costs, as everyone seems to believe this needs to be done, what is the sticking point is HOW it is done.

if you think 500 are expensive to maintain then youd cry at 250s, i take the point about more training tracks operating, i was just going on the localish tracks,i think what im saying, is when youve got kids that are riding, even at a training session where adults are about, they seem not to want to be there .talking to other dads the kids seem to be so intimidated.What i would like to see is probaly a 3 hour session before the main practice, just for learners and younger novices,with instuctors for them ,youve got to remember some of these lads are stiil at primary school,there still very young we really do need to remember that,i do know there are exceptions and you will always get that, but if we dont train them as kids we lose them and we will never have home grown talent,im proud of what my lad has acheived but with the right help, what may he acheive

Having had a 250cc and a lad that rode it to its max i can t agree with you they are more expensive to maintain, parts are cheaper and only need and engine builder not tuner. I agree they cost the same to buy brand new as a 500 but believe me as someone who is now paying for 500 they are alot more expensive to run. As for your point about practise if you have your own bit first doesn t that put a bigger gap between you and adult riders and having been round with my boy i can say we have never had problem with advice etc. But I do agree more needs to be done for young lads.

please dont get me wrong we have had very helpful advice and some very unhelpful advice ,the people have always been more than welcoming,but what im saying is the lads need consistincy, i know a very good young lad who had to be forced to a track by his dad because he would just fall apart when older riders were there ,the same with my lad, surely we could ease them in some better way,. Also i take the point of some lads getting better quicker than others its always going to happen.As just a bit of parent frustration can we not look how other countries are doing it,there producing broods of good youngsters and sadly it doesnt bode well for the future