British Speedway Forum
colinm

Saturday 18th Sept At Plymouth

this saturday at plymouth there is a double meeting british under 15 final at 1pm and plymouth v weymouth at 7:30

GB U15's £3 adults, £2 concessions I think with single sheet programme included with admission.

Normal prices for Weymouth meeting. Don't think there is a special price for both.

Season tickets are valid for the U15's meeting.

Mod note - Please put DATES in headers not 'Saturday' etc. Next month someone could ressurect a 'Saturday' topic and confuse everyone. Thx

this saturday at plymouth there is a double meeting british under 15 final at 1pm and plymouth v weymouth at 7:30

GB U15's £3 adults, £2 concessions I think with single sheet programme included with admission.

Normal prices for Weymouth meeting. Don't think there is a special price for both.

Season tickets are valid for the U15's meeting.

I'm considering this one, although I would have preferred less time between the two meetings. How long is the British U15 round going to last - and what is there to do between the two meetings?

All the best

Rob

Well if its run as quickly as it was at Weymouth (1hr 20 mins),Im off to Argyle v Sheff Weds at 3pm! :approve:

If not,then its off to the pub for some decent pub grub.HalifaxTiger will be there as well.

Really looking forward to the U15's.They have been excellent meetings over the years.I think the Plymouth track actually suits the youngsters.

dont know how long its going to last but if anyone is coming down there is a direct bus route into plymouth city centre outside the track or a few pubs nearby.

Confirmed line-up for GB U15's

18 qualifying heats plus 3 finals (top 4 from each group).

125cc:

Jack Collins

Anders Rowe

Kieran Vaughan

Kyle Bickley

250cc:

David Abraham

Nathan Greaves

Jordan Hazelden

Robert Lambert

Nathan Stoneman

Reece Downes

500cc:

Brandon Freemantle

Tyler Govier

Adam Kirby

Adam Portwood

Andrew Ross

Nathan Stoneman

Will the Park & Ride car park still be free for speedway visitors tomorrow afternoon?

All the best

Rob

Rob

The parking element of the Park and Ride is free with cahrges levied for the bus journey only.

For people looking for public transport informtion the regional journey planner can be found at http://www.travelinesw.com or from mobile phones use http://www.nextbuses.info

Is there anyone going to this meeting (the evening one) who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Can't believe no-one has commented on this meeting yet. It was only just completed in time before the 9.30pm curfew, after a number of re-runs in the opening races, with Ben Reade getting well & truly entangled in the satefy fence after picking up drive in Heat 2 and ending up with a foot injury.

Weymouth looke hot favourites to win early on, taking a 10-2 lead, but with Simmonds & Stephens both unbeaten, Plymouth had the match won with a heat to spare and could afford to keep their maximum men out of the final heat, in which the Wildcats took a consolation 5-1. Some weird team management from Weymouth, with trump card Gary Cottham given reserve rides in all the wrong places.

Some good action, with Nicki Glanz, Jaimie Pickard (who has improved no end since I last saw him) & Tom Brown all producing some good passes. The Plymouth track has improved a lot since my last visit in 2007.

All the best

Rob

As far as I could see, Rob, there was a considerable amount of action off track as well with the local equivalent of the Dingles throwing their collective weight about (which was far from inconsiderable).

This was a most enjoyable first visit for me with some decent racing, a good welcome from the locals (despite the initial and subsequent fracas) and some good company in Lucifer Sam & Bob C.

Give us a post, Devilmouth :D

As far as I could see, Rob, there was a considerable amount of action off track as well with the local equivalent of the Dingles throwing their collective weight about (which was far from inconsiderable).

There was indeed. :shock:

It's a shame, because most of the locals were really friendly, it's just one family that are the problem. I wouldn't want to mess with either of the "ladies" from that family. :rolleyes:

I felt sorry for Jeff Scott, who missed watching the meeting, because of an incident that wasn't anything to do with him (he was just unfortunate enough to be a witness to it).

All the best

Rob

There was indeed. :shock:

It's a shame, because most of the locals were really friendly, it's just one family that are the problem. I wouldn't want to mess with either of the "ladies" from that family. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

They frightened the life out of me too, Rob, but I think Bob C fancies one (or more) of them :o:D