British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newportspeedwayhh

Nl Play Offs Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Bournemouth Buccaneers

NEWPORT SPEEDWAY OFFICIAL MEDIA RELEASE

HORNETS TO FACE BOURNEMOUTH IN THE PLAY-OFFS

The busy speedway season at Queensway Meadows will continue into October as the Newport Hornets will race the Bournemouth Buccaneers home and away in the first stage of the National League play-offs. Dates are yet to be decided but the latest news is that the

opposition have signed Jay Herne as a direct replacement for their injured number one Jerran Hart. Jay, the son of 1970s Wasps star Phil Herne, was blocked from riding for the Rye House Rockets in their Premier League match at Newport this Sunday because of an issue over the deadline for such changes but will be back at the Queensway Meadows circuit early next month.

Meanwhile Hornets team boss Kevin Brown has praised his team for their hat-trick of victories last weekend when they won at Scunthorpe on the Friday evening and Rye House on the Saturday evening in the National League and then completed their hectic schedule back in Newport last Sunday with a National Trophy victory over Plymouth.

'Considering that we lost skipper Tony Atkin with rib injuries on Friday and then James White-Williams was knocked unconscious in a major crash on the Saturday the rest of the boys showed great spirit to keep taking the fight to their opponents. Special praise for young Todd Kurtz who actually rode four matches in three days as he also rode for the Wasps at Rye House. We hope that Tony and James will be fit to return for our next away fixture on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday September 21st and we certainly want them back for the play-off and Cup rounds in October.'

The next scheduled home fixture for the Hornets is on Sunday September 26th against the Buxton Hitmen in the National Trophy with a 2.30pm start.

is there no deadline for signing riders in the national league i thought it was being run like a real league this year not a amateur league as in the past :blink:

newport choice of bournmouth for the playoffs now as a different look about it can someone please tell me wy the buccs can sign hearn and laurence at this late stage.and also how did they use louis kerr as a guest when he is not a three point rider like answers please me and my mates at plymouth are confussed :blink: