British Speedway Forum
brandonbee48

Polish Playoffs. Sunday . Sept.19th

He meant in becoming loved and respected by the fans

Dont think too many riders were loved or respected in a foreign country at 18 yo. Do you? the penny will drop one day Or in the meantime he shouldnt loose much sleep over it. Hes an aussie and is Loved over here! The UK fans can respect and adore Bomber Harris or Lee Richardson or Lennox Lewis sorry Scott Nicholls, all day long. Thats up to them. Darcy is Darcy. B):D

BTW Poole fans I know do infact respect and love the way he is going about his business.

Edited by dirt

BTW Poole fans I know do infact respect and love the way he is going about his business.

So did KL and Torun, but its all ended in tears after the honeymoon.

You reaLLy are getting beyond a joke here Dekker!

Just;)

NO not just. He was leaving the club anyway So he was never likely toGet sacKed. Only missed 1-2 including edindump and had a specially designed back brace for his rehab. Torun had the money so unluckily the PL club was put out slightly. Whats new, evan the EL gets ragdolled by Poland League

Short Changing the Fans maybe, something Torun have found out, Class riders dont pick and choose when to perform.

YYYYYYAWN

Ohh so bitter, you have never visibly supported any rider other than chumps since April.

Um start searching the history and youll find I not only support Proctor I did so before he ever graced British soil. Check the Australian Speedway Forum too.

Re Leigh, yes he did win a EL title or 2. Try to keep UP.

Not with swindon though. Thats what i meant!

From day 1 it was clear he didn't have the aggression need to be WC but he is still a great.

Is that the only rider you rate? There must be more than that as TBH Adams is just the book, never done anything wrong in his life, and prob why HE never tasted the ultimate success. He may have plenty of fans because of his longevity but nothing that would make me a huge fan, other than respect.

Dont think too many riders were loved or respected in a foreign country at 18 yo. Do you? the penny will drop one day Or in the meantime he shouldnt loose much sleep over it. Hes an aussie and is Loved over here! The UK fans can respect and adore Bomber Harris or Lee Richardson or Lennox Lewis sorry Scott Nicholls, all day long. Thats up to them. Darcy is Darcy. B):D

Oh in 2007 Darcy was very much adored by all fans across the country, one of my friends didn't stop talking about him after seeing him debut at Buxton!

I'd rather cheer on Freddie - a good guy and a good rider.

Edited by superguest

Oh in 2007 Darcy was very much adored by all fans across the country, one of my friends didn't stop talking about him after seeing him debut at Buxton!

I'd rather cheer on Freddie - a good guy and a good rider.

I wonder why :lol: he's your teams best rider :rolleyes:

That just proves UK fans just follow their team...rather than the riders. If Lindgren never came to your club, you wouldn't say boo about him.

Darcy was rightly adored by all in 08 also but when he started winning too much the fans turned against him. Right about after he topped the avg's , and finished 2nd in PLRC - then made some funny yet derogatory comments about Ashworth.

Big deal - not any reason to change opinions about him. IMO. Loved his brutal/frank/comment.

I wonder why :lol: he's your teams best rider :rolleyes:

That just proves UK fans just follow their team...rather than the riders. If Lindgren never came to your club, you wouldn't say boo about him.

Darcy was rightly adored by all in 08 also but when he started winning too much the fans turned against him. Right about after he topped the avg's , and finished 2nd in PLRC - then made some funny yet derogatory comments about Ashworth.

Big deal - not any reason to change opinions about him. IMO. Loved his brutal/frank/comment.

On the contary, I like Hans and I like Rune Holta above any of the British riders as they come across as good guys as well as very talented riders.

Edited by superguest

Oh sorry I forgot the action at Armadump may not be that good so you have to go fishing by claiming Ward is no good. pfft youll have to do better than that!

So will you when you harp on about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the arguement.

Is it because he didnt light up the Armadump track on his few visits or is it because he single handedly took the trophies from edinburgh, and won Lynn the deserving rewards of a great season.

Oh dear you really do have a problem. It's a balanced one though with a chip on each shoulder.

Ward has the ability and he knows it to take it to the next level. Gollob has been an under achiever all his life

Now you really are talking out of your backside.

Ward will do it his way, which will be the most flambouyant display of skill ever witnessed on a speedway track.

Maybe he will maybe he won't but when it comes to flamboyant display of skill there is none better than Gollob.

He is great for speedway and it would be a boring sport if every rider behaved like a mute chicken. Ward wants to big himself up,,,,ask yourself why??? because he knows he will deliver the goods and it will be all the more sweet when he does! GO Darky *

There is no doubt Ward is very talented and has a great future ahead of him. But his attituide at times stinks and that has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to be the best. It's about being petulant.

He will never be loved in Britain and Most were jealous of his skill long before I came along.

Another piece of tripe. Why would we be jealous of his skill? Are you some relative that has to keep banging his drum all the time. It's your constant shoving it in our faces posts dissing other riders that gets up people's noses.

What people have a problem with Dirt is you slagging off other riders and team managers etc when Darcy has a bad meeting.

Yep, it's always everyone elses's fault.

That just proves UK fans just follow their team...rather than the riders.

Incase you hadn't noticed that's because it's a team event over here so we follow our team :blink:

Edited by Midnight_Lady

Maybe he will maybe he won't but when it comes to flamboyant display of skill there is none better than Gollob.

Not yet anyway. Although it could very much be argued that for all Gollobs brilliance it has been nullified by his constant choking. If he wins his first WC this year all I really have to say is about time.

There is no doubt Ward is very talented and has a great future ahead of him. But his attituide at times stinks and that has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to be the best. It's about being petulant.

You do not know anything about his attitute 'Midnight' so I don't understand how you feel free to knock it. Maybe that attitute might just dominate the world.

Another piece of tripe. Why would we be jealous of his skill? Are you some relative that has to keep banging his drum all the time. It's your constant shoving it in our faces posts dissing other riders that gets up people's noses.

Never have dissed another rider.....apart from maybe fisher :D

Yep, it's always everyone elses's fault.

When a team manager in this case Toruns seems to make a mistake, YES it is his fault. If you cant see it - then I suggest you study it some more, before dribbling out a childish line To back up your argument - when infact your acting like a spoilt child!

Incase you hadn't noticed that's because it's a team event over here so we follow our team :blink:

Why I ask do you follow your team? Is it because your too tight to travel around to other tracks? Or have you some affiliation with your teams riders - evan though they go through them like meat pies at the footy? Hardly home grown talent!!

Anyway M.L. you sure quoted a lot of my posts for someone who had me on 'ignore'. :wink:

Another "know nothing" post from another "arrogant" Aussie ... no wonder we shipped all the crap off to the other side of the world all those years ago :D

That crap invented solo racing or speedway - so without Australia you would never of came across the sport. Be grateful the Aussie battlers had far better knowledge of a worthwhile sport than the remaining citizens of the British Isles.

Why I ask do you follow your team? Is it because your too tight to travel around to other tracks? Or have you some affiliation with your teams riders - evan though they go through them like meat pies at the footy? Hardly home grown talent!!

Listen up "Boy Wonder" come back when you actually KNOW what you are talking about. Countless fans follow their team up and down the country.

The only one acting like a spoilt child on here is YOU. Your bad attitude knows no bounds. Maybe you post just to provoke and if that's the case silly me for letting you worm your way in. Or maybe your posts show just what you really are.....an arrogant BOY who thinks he knows it all.

Keep going to nursery and maybe if you are a good boy you might progress to the big school.

Edited by Midnight_Lady

Could someone please explain how Darcy's popularity dwindled in 2008 because of his high average and comments about Ricky Ashworth when Ashworth won the PLRC in 2009 :unsure:

Edited by RumOldBird