Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Robbobee

Coventry V Wolves Ko Cup 2nd Leg 23/9

Can't see a thread for this one yet - anybody know if Pawlicki will be riding ? Should still have enough to beat Wolves by the points needed to qualify for another Final I reckon .... depends which Klindt and Woffindon turn up ....

Cheers

The silence over the injury concerning Pawlicki is deafening. Hurt his thumb by all accounts so it shouldn't stop him riding. But the Coventry management have been very quiet on it.

Coventry fans could look at this two ways. As a meeting that is in the way and could lead to a fall and injury, or time for a practice before the all important first round Playoff final.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Bees need a fit Pawlicki for the second leg at Poole especially, even if it means he misses this match and the first leg Play Off Final at Brandon where Josh Auty has proved he can do a good job too.

Probably most important is that Richard Sweetman rides in all matches so that we can at least both gain from his exploits and also track Bridger at reserve.

Don't you think Sweetman has ridden himself out of an EL berth in 2011? His average will be too high for any team to be slightly interested. he will have to start in the team, not reserve. What team would want that?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Not a fixture the Bees want this week. pawlicki probably out, Wolves with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Coventry wont be riding all out for 15 heats, their minds will be on next week and bigger things.

Trouble is, if (yes, big if) Wolves go through.... what message does that send to Dorset?

Interesting fixture. Poole sits on the sidelines and cannot lose either way.

Don't you think Sweetman has ridden himself out of an EL berth in 2011? His average will be too high for any team to be slightly interested. he will have to start in the team, not reserve. What team would want that?

Surely last night proved he could average 5.1 in the 1-5 of an EL team. I'd not be upset if he was back at Brandon TBH. He'd probably be in reserve after 12 meetings anyway due to Pawlickis average rocketing to 6+

Edited by SCB

Im hoping the boys can lift themselves to defend the lead for this.

I hope Tai can up his game for this one.

Surely last night proved he could average 5.1 in the 1-5 of an EL team. I'd not be upset if he was back at Brandon TBH. He'd probably be in reserve after 12 meetings anyway due to Pawlickis average rocketing to 6+

I think when there is a variation in the EL and PL to converted average you should split the difference. Ie Rider avearges 8 in the Pl, 5 in the EL, have them come in on 4.5. Of course it might just be the 2 to 1 average conversion needs to be modified with the weakened EL as Sweetman won't be the first rider to average more than half his PL numbers (Fisher, Proctor). We wsant toi encourage the double uppers to step up.

Edited by SteveEvans

I wouldn't be adverse to Richard Sweetman on his current EL average next year - I think he is a heat leader in the making in a couple of years time. If Swindon don't want him .....

Agree with SteveE about PL to EL conversion ... current 2:1 ratio is wrong as we now have a watered down EL as opposed to when this rule was brought in ... ratio should be something like 3:2 or maybe 8:5 minimum.

Take the ex PL guys last year who have ridden in the EL this year and then calculate ratio maybe?

Cheers

Isn't he a Swindon asset? He'd be a good pick for any team; the way he's progressed leaps & bounds this season I think he'd handle a 1-5 berth no worries.

I'd happily have Dicky Sweets back next year, like SCB says, after 12 he would probably drop to reserve for the rest of the season anyway.

From what I understand it's Pawlicki's Scaphoid that could be the problem and he has gone back to Poland to have it checked out

I'd happily have Dicky Sweets back next year, like SCB says, after 12 he would probably drop to reserve for the rest of the season anyway.

From what I understand it's Pawlicki's Scaphoid that could be the problem and he has gone back to Poland to have it checked out

Re Sweets, I'd happily have him back too.

Not good news about Shamek by the sounds of it ... He's 18 though, they're tough :)

I reckon we could be without Shamek for Monday, will be a big loss but hopefully Auty would do a good job if that's the case

We do have doctors in this country capable of checkng ut whether a scaphoid is broken or not. Sounds a strange one to go to Poland to have it looked at.

We do have doctors in this country capable of checkng ut whether a scaphoid is broken or not. Sounds a strange one to go to Poland to have it looked at.

Think you will find most Poles, if possible would prefer to go to their own country for treatment or get it checked 'ut' especially if their English is not too good!

I think it's easier to find a doctor in Poland who will tell you what you want to hear (eventually).

Besides, he may have had flight tickets booked to go home anyway on the Tuesday morning so it would have been just as easy to go there.