British Speedway Forum

So Rye House are to hold both the NLRC and the ill fated NL 4TT final on Saturday and Sunday 2nd / 3rd October. I suppose with some of the riders already at Rye House it kind of makes sense. But will it attract decent crowds both days, I fear not!

but why only four teams acc bspa site, why not 8 as originally scheduled

I think it's unfair that only four teams are in the NL Fours. What's the point of only 4 teams (Rye House, Buxton, Bournemouth & Dudley) and only 8 races. Why does it have to be at Rye House? I bet as soon as Silver knew Mildenhall weren't running again this year he was probably like a rat up a drainpipe to get the meeting. This meeting should be held at a neutral track i.e Stoke where this meeting always used to be. All teams should be represented and not "a selected few".

I think it's unfair that only four teams are in the NL Fours. What's the point of only 4 teams (Rye House, Buxton, Bournemouth & Dudley) and only 8 races. Why does it have to be at Rye House? I bet as soon as Silver knew Mildenhall weren't running again this year he was probably like a rat up a drainpipe to get the meeting. This meeting should be held at a neutral track i.e Stoke where this meeting always used to be. All teams should be represented and not "a selected few".

Well it will obviously be sixteen heats not eight and before you put other tracks up for this restaging i wonder how many takers there will have been. One of the reasons Rye are given these meetings is that they clearly have a lower threshold for making a loss due to not having to pay rent to anyone. These sort of meetings are rarely held at neutral tracks. PLRC ELRC NLRC Fours and pairs for example. It might just be that without Len Silvers help the meeting may not have been rescheduled.

Well they're not "selected", these are the four qualifiers from the semi.. (minus of course sadly ,the Fen Tigers who if they were still going would've been in this four.. :cry: ).

Personally as I said at the time, as they'd been 12 heats (six in each S/F) at the time rain brought the original West Row meeting to a premature halt and 12 heats always means a result stands, then I believe that one can't argue against the fact that this is the right decision.

It also means that the fours meeting at Mildenhall was not a dead meeting it had an outcome and can remain in the 'history books'. :neutral:

Good luck to the Buccs in the Final!!! :approve:

From the BSPA site;

NL WEEKEND AT RYE

FRIDAY AUGUST 13, 2010

RYE House will play host to a big weekend of National League action in early October.

Hoddesdon has been named as the venue for the re-staging of the Fours Final, which was abandoned at Mildenhall earlier in the season.

Buxton, Bournemouth, Dudley and the hosts will do battle on Saturday, October 2 (7pm) with the individual League Riders' Championship going ahead as scheduled the following afternoon (2.30pm).

National League co-ordinator Peter Morrish said: "This promises to be an excellent weekend. We've been working hard to get the Fours re-arranged and now we have two meetings in two days which should be a real highlight of the National League season."

Ah right, i stand corrected..! Suits be better as can only make one and it's the Fours I want to see!!