British Speedway Forum
dickiemint

Weymouth V Newport

Just a shame that Newport appear to have chosen to use a number of other riders ahead of their own Number 8

What number 8?

We had Ben Reade and Daniel I'Anson named at the start of the season. I don't think I've seen I'Anson since P&P and Reade has since signed for Plymouth.

Just a shame that Newport appear to have chosen to use a number of other riders ahead of their own Number 8

Newport put together a winning team within the rules despite having five riders unavailable, they are in with a chance of winning the National League trophy - do you expect them to throw it away ?

When the Late Tim Stone put out weak Newport Maverick sides he was slated by everybody for fielding a team full of training school kids, now when Newport want to win they are slated by the likes of you. Theres some just like having a pop no matter what Newport do.

Newport put together a winning team within the rules despite having five riders unavailable, they are in with a chance of winning the National League trophy - do you expect them to throw it away ?

When the Late Tim Stone put out weak Newport Maverick sides he was slated by everybody for fielding a team full of training school kids, now when Newport want to win they are slated by the likes of you. Theres some just like having a pop no matter what Newport do.

Seems the rules have changed since the AGM then as only a guest for a number 1 was permitted then and R/R for any of the top five.

Seems the rules have changed since the AGM then as only a guest for a number 1 was permitted then and R/R for any of the top five.

Well I have no idea what the rules are but with 4 riders missing what were Newport to do? I thought you had to turn up with a team! Lee Smart guests for Todd Kurtz, Luke priest, Kyle Newman and rider replacement for Tony Atkin. They then use 3 low average riders, none of them in any declared 1 - 7 and that is wrong??

As I said elsewhere depends what mood the co ordinator is in what the rules are for the day

Sorry, but the likes of me wonder what the point of having a Number 8 if there appears to be no intention of using him?

Sorry, but the likes of me wonder what the point of having a Number 8 if there appears to be no intention of using him?

Oh dear an elite league supporter who failed to understand post no 17

so are they supposed to turn up with 4 riders, (would probably of still beat weymouth though :rolleyes: )

what rules, seems NL dont have any, you didnt jump on this last week when bournemouth used worral and kerr as guests and rye used knight as one instance this year,

at the end of the day it gave 2 young british riders without a team a chance to show thereselves and they did, one of which was recently controversially dropped to accomadate another rider outside of the non existent (for NL only) cut off date.

I ask again, what number 8?

clearly we should have gone with r/r for two riders in the top five :rolleyes:, oh wait your not allowed to do that

Who I pointed out hasn't been seen since P&P in March.

Ben Reade was used a few times from number 8 and actually did alright, but went to Plymouth.