British Speedway Forum

Doesn't seem right how it appears he is picking and choosing his GP's, but then he did qualify higher than Watt, after all.

I don't think he was interested in doing Cardiff, and obviously Emil was due back for the round after that.

The appeal of doing one last GP round Bydgoszcz is obviously too much for him to refuse.

Edited by HenryW

I was under the impression that Pepe had retired from the GP's for 2010.

So was Davey Watt!

Doesn't seem right how it appears he is picking and choosing his GP's, but then he did qualify higher than Watt, after all.

I think the GP organisers should tell him to sling his hook, if he could be bothered to do any of the other rounds he was eligible for why should he be able to pick and choose. I am not a fan of Davey Watt but I think he should be the one riding in the last GP not bloody Pepe.

I was talking to SCB and Silver Bee about this yesterday and we all agree that Watt has been screwed over. There's no way Pepe should be able to pick and choose which rounds he's interested in.

I also don't think Pepe should be able to come back in having apparently said he wasn't going to do any more round. However I will look forward to seeing him in action as he is usually good value around his former home track.

My conspiracy theory is that (given this was decided before last weekend) having Pepe in and not Watt is seen as a possible advantage for the Polish duo at the head of the leaderboard and one less ally for Crump.

Rico rolleyes.gif

Surely, when Pepe pulled out of 1 GP (unless through injury) he pulled out of them all. Davey's probably had a GP where he's not quite fancied the track but has still turned up when required and given it 100% and has actually done pretty well, yet Pepe's seen the last GP, one of the biggest on a track he probably knows and likes, and suddenly wants in again. Shocking IMO.

I agree with everything said so far and maybe following this it might be a good idea for the powers that be to insert a clause to make sure it doesnt happen again

The rules currently state that the first qualified substitute who is available gets the place.

PePe has declared himself unavailable for each round since Torun, but has made himself available for the final round in Bydgoszcz. I don't believe he ever formally advised the FIM that he would be taking no further part in the SGP series this year, just advised them he was unavailable when invited for each round.

With his ongoing injury problems, it would appear that he has chosen to put his clubs first in recent months. Now that the league seasons are wrapped up he has accepted the place offered.

The rules currently state that the first qualified substitute who is available gets the place.

PePe has declared himself unavailable for each round since Torun, but has made himself available for the final round in Bydgoszcz. I don't believe he ever formally advised the FIM that he would be taking no further part in the SGP series this year, just advised them he was unavailable when invited for each round.

If nobody knows what this is all about, it must be about money. Apparently Pepe did not assume he would be riding in GP on regular basis at all this season. Therefore, he was completely unprepared, especially on financial site. There was no reason then to waste money and ride at the back. The reason why he is to turn up in Bydgoszcz is that he found a sponsor who is going to support him for that last meeting in Bydgoszcz. Obviously, I wouldn't expect anything spectacular of him but he could score a few points. Bydgoszcz is the track that he knows very well.

So, the question is then Dexter, how much did HenryW sponsor Pepe to ride in Bydgoszcz biggrin.gif

Rico rolleyes.gif

It doesn't matter if the reason is financial or not as has been suggested, Pepe looks like he is picking and choosing and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. It would be different if he had been injured throughout and not raced anywhere then made his comeback.

With his ongoing injury problems, it would appear that he has chosen to put his clubs first in recent months. Now that the league seasons are wrapped up he has accepted the place offered.

Trust PePe to get GPitis the wrong way around.

My "conspiracy theory" is that PePe makes five Poles in the line-up in Bydgoszcz and each one with a subsidiary mission to help Kolodziej's "nomination" cause. Didn't PePe's position in a race at Hamar years ago assure Hampel of a place in the top eight for the following season?