British Speedway Forum
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Kings Lynn Young Stars !new Date! 10th October 2.30 Pm

MEETING IS NOW ON SUNDAY 10TH AT 2.30 PM

NEWPORT SPEEDWAY OFFICIAL MEDIA RELEASE

HORNETS IN CUP QUEST

The Newport Hornets take on the Kings Lynn Young Stars in the second leg of the National League's Knock Out Cup Semi-Final at Queensway Meadows on Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm.

Newport will be without Kyle Newman who is on Premier League duty with Birmingham and so operate the rider replacement rule for him while Scunthorpe's Ashley Birks will guest for the injured Tim Webster. James White-Williams and Tom Young returned to the Hornets side in their 49-38 away victory against the Bournemouth Buccaneers at Poole Speedway on Wednesday in the first leg of the play-off semi-finals. James steps up to the number two spot in the riding order to replace Luke Priest who has a prior commitment.

Kings Lynn will also be missing a rider who is required by his Premier League club so the absent Simon Lambert will be replaced by Plymouth's Mark Simmonds. The Norfolk side truly are young stars with the bulk of their septet being teenagers in the first stages of their sporting career as are a number of the home side.

Team captain Tony Atkin recognises what a crucial part of the season this is: 'The Hornets have done well all season and we are now so close to appearing in two finals. We must not let the opportunity slip and I will be rallying the boys to give all they have got. I'm toward the end of my long career so I fancy some silverware but it is the loyal Newport fans who deserve it.'

NEWPORT 'WESSEX BUS' HORNETS:

1. Todd Kurtz

2. James White-Williams

3. Ashley Birks

4. Tony Atkin ©

5. Rider replacement rule for Kyle Newman

6. Aaron Baseby

7. Tom Young

KINGS LYNN YOUNG STARS:

1. Mark Simmonds

2. Oliver Rayson

3. Lewis Kerr

4. Darren Mallett ©

5. Adam Lowe

6. Scott Campos

7. Jake Knight

The TV cameras of the S4C programme Ralio were scheduled to have been present at the Newport Wasps v Berwick Bandits Young Shield fixture on the evening of Friday October 8th with the match being featured in that show on the evening of Thursday October 28th.

There will be a speedway fixture at Queensway Meadows next Friday evening October 15th at 7.30pm with confirmation from Sunday according to the progress of the Wasps and Hornets in their respective competitions.

Full club details on www.newport-speedway.co.uk with previews and scores also on the club hotline 09066 555 915(calls charged at 60p per minute).

Edited by newportspeedwayhh

Question for Someone in the know either Scunthorpe or Kings Lynn Management. How come Simon Lambert is guesting for the Scorpions on friday at Somerset rather then riding for Kings Lynn?

I have been asked by Steve Mallett to point out that the Ryder Cup Golf at Celtic Manor will NOT effect the route into the stadium on Friday. The park and ride car parks are all based around the old Llanwern steelworks with entry from junction 23 at Magor Services not at Junction 24 The Coldra .

I have been asked by Steve Mallett to point out that the Ryder Cup Golf at Celtic Manor will NOT effect the route into the stadium on Friday.

Doing Doughnuts on the eighteenth green might raise some eyebrows, and earn some much-needed publicity for the club!

How are our wounded warriors doing; will we be raiding the NL reserve pile again?

Go HORNETS!

With the weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow will this meeting go ahead.

It's not looking promising is it, forecast is dreadful ;/(

Hoping this meeting will be on today to be honest! Cant see it but if it does dry up then there is a slight possiblity it will be on, any idea on guest reserves if tom or james aint riding?

Tom Young is riding, Richie Worral for James White-Williams and Ashley Birks for Tim Webster.

Tom Young is riding, Richie Worral for James White-Williams and Ashley Birks for Tim Webster.

Thank you for the information!! Hope the meeting goes ahead, maybe people who are supposed to be watching ryder cup will go and watch speedway instead lol !

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

BSPA just confirmed meeting OFF