British Speedway Forum
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Kings Lynn Young Stars !new Date! 10th October 2.30 Pm

Always going to be hard with 4 reserves, 2 heatleaders and R/R for one of the best riders in the league as was said above.

Can't believe the Birks trouble though.. How stupid!

Well done Lynn.

i'm afraid lost the will to live during this match and left after heat 13!

very "end of season challenge" feel to it very little urgency at any point

hope hornets season isnt just going to end on a whimper

Well done to our youngsters :D

Kings Lynn won 50-40 I think? Not much to say, Kings Lynn too strong for a Hornets team of 2 heatleaders, 4 reserves and rider replacement.

The most dreadfully dull speedway match I have ever seen.

Would have to agree 100% the least interesting match i have ever seen

Thanks Bill - as others have said - it wasn't the greatest of meetings , but I thought there was some spirited riding from the Hornets.

Tony Atkin was very good today, as was Todd - but young Worrell had 10/10 for sheer effort - it was good to see his enthusiasm to race. Just what the NL need , young British riders given the chance to compete. And that's not knocking the commenwealth riders - it's just that he tried so hard for little reward.

I'm sure he's got a bright future infront of him (as a Hornet?)

But credit to Kings Lynn today - they deserved the victory and were the better team.

Speedway and sunshine in October - felt more like June.

I try not to post on here because things always turn into an almighty ding dong but... I am not sure that this kind of pessimism is what the league needs it is already struggling to attract support.

I am sure that having tracked a winning team all season Hornet supporters are finding it difficult to be knocked out of the KOC trophy. You are clearly very commited and very passionate. Don't forget that those same young, british lads which were being given a chance and were giving their all on the track were also Kings Lynn riders and they are deserved of some praise for winning.

I am wondering if the racing had been the same but result switched round if this evaluation of boring and uninteresting would have been the same.

For what it is worth WELL DONE THE YOUNG STARS !!!!!

I hope some KL supporters might be able to show their support to keep them in the winning ways ready for the next round

The Newport team has been ripped apart. Mark Jones has returned home, Tim Webster is injured, the reserves have both been riding with injuries. Add the fact that Todd and Kyle have missed a few meetings and it isnt surprising that theyve slipped up a bit.

The Newport team has been ripped apart. Mark Jones has returned home, Tim Webster is injured, the reserves have both been riding with injuries. Add the fact that Todd and Kyle have missed a few meetings and it isnt surprising that theyve slipped up a bit.

And yet the Hornets won at Bournemouth in the play off semi on Wednesday... The truth is both the Hornets AND the Buccs are pale shadows of the sides which made the play-offs (by deadline time that is, before RH fans intervene!!). What a shame that the season itself has had the heart ripped out of it by play offs held so crazily long after the deadline point and meaning that Buxton or Dudley (whoever wins what must now be back on again as a very tightly poised semi...) have the prospect of very weak opposition in what should been the showpiece event: the P/O final...

Kings Lynn won 50-40 I think? Not much to say, Kings Lynn too strong for a Hornets team of 2 heatleaders, 4 reserves and rider replacement.

The most dreadfully dull speedway match I have ever seen.

I thought you said it was three reserves and a number eight :lol:

i'm afraid lost the will to live during this match and left after heat 13!

very "end of season challenge" feel to it very little urgency at any point

hope hornets season isnt just going to end on a whimper

Me too,left after heat 13,dreadful match.

It took 2 hours just to get to heat 13 :rolleyes:

Well done Young Stars and commiserations to the Hornets. The stars were without Simon Lambert and Cal McDade. Thanks to guest Mark Simmonds and Olly Rayson and to all of the lads for taking us through to the final against Buxton.

Edited by whippy

I thought you said it was three reserves and a number eight :lol:

Worral got upgraded after winning a race.