British Speedway Forum
dirt

U/21 Final And Golden Helmet

Anybody know any more details of the Golden Helmet???

How come Darcy Ward didn't win?

Now Would anyone possibly know if round 3 of the junior World Final U/21 was filmed and how to view it or where to buy a DVD? Also the other 2 rounds any DVDs??? surely they would put all 3 rounds together and sell a DVD of the series. The FIM do for the GPs although I believe it takes ages for the boxed set to be available. Guess I'll check youtube now and then as I dont know who filmed the meetings etc. Last year it was done by a british company but dont spose they did this years. Anyway I plan to buy last years title But it would be good to order them together. Any one know??

Last year it was done by a british company but dont spose they did this years. Anyway I plan to buy last years title But it would be good to order them together. Any one know??

No, regrettably we did not film this years.

Having a single World Final at U21 level meant it was possible to just about cover costs, extending it to 3 rounds meant that wouldnt have been possible.

Thought that'd be the case. Anyway you may be the best person to ask how you'd go about finding out who did do it this year and if its purchaseable? Anyway what's the best price you could do for 2009 and how much extra for postage to OZ? what about if I ordered 2 or 3 meetings any discount?

Yours faithfully

dirt.

Please email us - info@cleancutsports.com - with your requirements.

Edited by ballinger

Now Would anyone possibly know if round 3 of the junior World Final U/21 was filmed and how to view it or where to buy a DVD? Also the other 2 rounds any DVDs??? surely they would put all 3 rounds together and sell a DVD of the series. The FIM do for the GPs although I believe it takes ages for the boxed set to be available. Guess I'll check youtube now and then as I dont know who filmed the meetings etc. Last year it was done by a british company but dont spose they did this years. Anyway I plan to buy last years title But it would be good to order them together. Any one know??

hay guys ,can any body find any video off the under21 meeting for us to see cheers

hay guys ,can any body find any video off the under21 meeting for us to see cheers

I wish I could but apart from the disasterous first round in Poland that staged only 3 heats each, there has been bugger all on youtube and I havent a clue who are selling DVDs!!! Short of asking Darky Ward on facebook, which I might have to try, good luck.

The meeting (World Under 21 Final) was shown by Czech Television on Wednesday 6th October...I watched in my hotel room in Prague

Check out the archives at www.ceskatelevize.cz where the meeting should be available

The meeting (World Under 21 Final) was shown by Czech Television on Wednesday 6th October...I watched in my hotel room in Prague

Check out the archives at www.ceskatelevize.cz where the meeting should be available

Just viewed it Jeffster :) Interesting it looked like they did the ceremony and award presentation for the round, before they had the run off for overall, they showed it like that but i'd say they just edited it and cut and pasted it in. Why I wouldnt have a clue.

Next, I need to find the round 2 from Latvia.

Next, I need to find the round 2 from Latvia.

Round two was covered by local TV and the full match was uploaded to rapidshare.

Links were given by S.B. on the original U21 World Championship thread.

Just to make it easier, I have copied it here. Russian Forum Download Links

I haven't checked whether they are still active. If they aren't, let me know and I'll sort something out as I have a copy of the match here (although the track is in a terrible state for most of the match, so not the best entertainment).

Round two was covered by local TV and the full match was uploaded to rapidshare.

Links were given by S.B. on the original U21 World Championship thread.

Just to make it easier, I have copied it here. Russian Forum Download Links

I haven't checked whether they are still active. If they aren't, let me know and I'll sort something out as I have a copy of the match here (although the track is in a terrible state for most of the match, so not the best entertainment).

Are you sure that's not rd 1 Henry? As I remember Latvia was a fine day, and why would the track be bad?

Are you sure that's not rd 1 Henry? As I remember Latvia was a fine day, and why would the track be bad?

Definitely the 2nd round that Darcy won in a run off with Max.

Maybe I am being harsh on the track. It wasn't wet, but seemed to be causing some of the riders a bit of trouble. Of course, that could also have been the well documented problems with the new silencers on grippy tracks...

Definitely the 2nd round that Darcy won in a run off with Max.

Maybe I am being harsh on the track. It wasn't wet, but seemed to be causing some of the riders a bit of trouble. Of course, that could also have been the well documented problems with the new silencers on grippy tracks...

Sorry my MISTAKE! yes I remember - I couldnt download or view it as my computer is poor and it was using a tonne of MB. Guess that might explain Darcys bad last ride...Would love to see some of Darcys heat wins (preferably all 4 :approve: ) his mysterious last place, and of course the glory ride in the run off with young Max.

All the best,

:wink:

In case any one else would also like to see Darcy's races that day in Latvia, YouTube now has a video with them all.