British Speedway Forum

Fair enough, but still don't think he should get anymore than jacket 19. Didn't qualify, run-off or not

No he did not qualify, but who do you think should have a pick in front of him? As already said 2 GP finals, Polish champion, very high up in both Swedish and Polish league averages and would i think bring something to the series. Would not think he would be there just to make up the numbers.

Surely has to be AJ, Emil, Nicki & Kolodziej.

Of course it should be .....But because of the politics we could have Woffy unsure.gif

While I understand there will be a lobby for Woffinden I think it would be a travesty if he were picked ahead of Janusz. Look at the Polish and Swedish league stats:

(from aktuellspeedway.se)

Poland:

Kolodziej 3rd on 9.09 (these are aves exc bonus, add in bonus and he overtakes Pedersen to finish second behind Gollob)

Woffinden 43rd on 4.41

Sweden

Kolodziej 3rd on 8.68

Woffinden 66th on 4.27 (below Ricky Kling, Kauko Nieminen, Kim Nilsson, Krzysztof Jablonski, Krzysztof Buczkowski and Tomasz Jedrzejak - maybe they should be in the GP?)

How does Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson averages compare to Kolodziej's

Fair enough, but still don't think he should get anymore than jacket 19. Didn't qualify, run-off or not

Well then it should be 11-riders 2011 series as only 11 riders did qualify...

How does Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson averages compare to Kolodziej's

In Poland both Richardson and Nicholls ride in League One (Richardson topped the averages, Nicholls was 5th just behind Danial Nermark)

In Sweden Richardson averaged 6.73 (20th) and Nicholls recorded 5.19 (a miserable 51st).

Incidentally, in Sweden Harris came in at a respectable 7.16 for 15th positon, but in Poland could only manage 15th in League One (below Peter Ljung)

After tonight, I think the four seeded riders for 2011 should be:

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Emil Sajfutdinov

3. Andreas Jonsson

4. Janusz Kolodziej

All the best

Rob

I have a feeling most of us would agree with you Rob.

Richardson said in an interview for a Polish local TV station he would not be interested in a nod for 2011. Therefore, he will not get it for sure. I just hope BSI will not try to force Tai or any other Brit through. Let those boys get ready and I am sure they will prove to be worthy.

Andersen should rest. He didn't do well last year and he did even worse this year.

I have a feeling most of us would agree with you Rob.

Richardson said in an interview for a Polish local TV station he would not be interested in a nod for 2011. Therefore, he will not get it for sure. I just hope BSI will not try to force Tai or any other Brit through. Let those boys get ready and I am sure they will prove to be worthy.

Andersen should rest. He didn't do well last year and he did even worse this year.

I would agree with those sentiments, I think the fact that AJ won the last GP should not go unnoticed, and that Nicki Pedersen has been coming back into some decent form in the GP's this season.

The fact that Janusz Kolodziej has done two wild cards this season, and performed very well on both occasions and has had a fine season means that he sould get a pick.

And to have a GP series without Emil Sajfutdinov, would be unthinkable. I think now is the time for Hans Andersen to take a break from the GP's and re-group and maybe comeback.

After tonight, I think the four seeded riders for 2011 should be:

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Emil Sajfutdinov

3. Andreas Jonsson

4. Janusz Kolodziej

All the best

Rob

Spot on, There's no British rider at this present time other than Bomber who could match any of these riders credentials. If a second Brit was awarded a wildcard above any of these riders, It would make the sport look a farce. Bomber has now qualified on merit. Its taken him four attempts and you could say, If he was from any other country bar GB he would not have got the chance. Its about time riders who get a pick can add to the series rather than being in it just because of there nationality.

While I understand there will be a lobby for Woffinden I think it would be a travesty if he were picked ahead of Janusz.

Don't think there is a single Wolves fan that thinks Tai deserves a nomination ahead of Janusz Kolodiej

For me you have this years top 11 plus Emil and the 2 qualifiers in Laguta and Lindback. Thats 14 in with one place left.

Janusz Kolodiej OR Hans Andersen

Kolodiej has really come on in the last 18 months and winning the Polish Title and reaching the final in both his GP appearances this year gives him an excellent chance of getting the last place.

Andersen has had a poor season, but he has also carried injuries and we all know he can beat the best on his day .... but should he get another chance ?

Kolodiej only misses out on a GP place because Fredrik Lindgren passed him in a run-off, so at present he is the first reserve, getting the #19 race jacket with Magnus Zetterstrom at #20. ....... Thomas H Johansson #21 and Neils K Iversen at #22

Should these move up a place and give Kolodiej the #15 jacket instead of #19 ....... Head says YES ... Heart says NO :unsure:

Surely now in my opinion after tonight then its got to be:

1) Gollob

2) Hampel

3) Crump

4) Holta

5) Hancock

6) Harris

7) Bjerre

8) Holder

---

9) Jonsson

10) Pedersen

11) Lindgren

12) Sayfutdinov

13) Kolodziej

14) Laguta

15) Lindback

Works for me too. Hans has been inconsistent, Zorro has had his fairy-tale year and Tai just hasn't come up to scratch. I'd prefer the 24-man knock-out format, however there's little chance of a return to that.

Think the Polish play-off really clears up any doubt about who should be in the GP's when it comes to Andersen v Kolodiej.

1. Jaroslaw Hampel - 1, 1, 3, 2 = 7

2. Troy Batchelor - 2, 2, 0, 3, 1 = 8

3. Janusz Kolodziej - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 15

4. Damian Balinski - 2, 2, 1, 3, 3 = 11

5. Leigh Adams - 3, 2, 3, 2, 1 = 11

6. Jurica Pavlic - 3, 1, 1, 1 = 6

7. Slawomir Musielak - 1, 0 = 1

1. Chris Holder - 3, 1, 0, 2, 2 = 8

2. Wieslaw Jagus - 0, 0, 2, 0 = 2

3. Adrian Miedzinski - 1, 3, 1, 1, 0 = 6

4. Hans Andersen - 0, 0, 0 = 0

5. Ryan Sullivan - 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 = 11

6. Emil Pulczynski - 0, 0 = 0

7. Darcy Ward - 2, 0, 0, 1, 0 = 3

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ekstraliga&action=display&thread=7109#ixzz11wo6Zn8f

.........., while the final spot is between Andersen, Kolodziej and Woffinden.

I think that this could be correct, and I think that Woffinden will get the nod because of commercial considerations.

The title of the thread is after all 'Nominations 2011 Who'll get the nod?, not Nominations 2011, Who deserves the nod!

Edited by BUDGIE

I think that this could be correct, and I think that Woffinden will get the nod because of commercial considerations.

The title of the thread is after all 'Nominations 2011 Who'll get the nod?, not Nominations 2011, Who deserves the nod!

The more I think about it, the more I consider last night's result to have been a bit of a spanner in the BSI works. Jonsson's Bydgoszcz victory makes kicking him out all but impossible. In an ideal BSI world I imagine that Andersen and Jonsson would both be left out, with the nominations going to Sayfutdinov, Nicki Pedersen, Janusz Kolodziej and Tai Woffinden. That would leave national representation as follows:

Poland 4

Russia 2

Denmark 2

Sweden 2

Great Britain 2

Australia 2

United States 1

Jonsson's victory and almost certain nomination upsets the equilbrium. Will BSI really accept a situation where Russia has a greater GP representation than Great Britain? In view of this, I would imagine the nominations will be Sayfutdinov, Nicki Pedersen, Jonsson and Woffinden. This would give a national representation of:

Poland 3

Sweden 3

Russia 2

Denmark 2

Great Britain 2

Australia 2

United States 1

Taking picks based on nationality is, was and always will be bollocks. To have a mediocre rider in the mix, while a far better sits on the fence is just wrong. And basing it on nationality, should't Germany, Finland, Italy or the Ukranie get one in? Not good enough? well I can think of one ridre proving lack of skill this year, but is up for a wild card based on nationality.

Let the best riders compete, regardless of nationality.