British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SteveEvans

American Touring Team Final Schedule

The sun is shining and the skies are blue from West to East. All the Plymouth fans are looking forward to another great night of close racing that the teams seem to produce. Safe journey down to all, and see you all at the track tonight.

We fly out midnight Sunday UK time, hit London at 11am Monday. Our race schedule is as follows;

7th October - Sheffield *

8th October - Plymouth

10th October - Newcastle

11th October - Belle Vue (+ Rider of the Night 2nd Half)

14th October - Ipswich*

15th October - lakeside (6:30pm start, preceding London Riders Championship)

Due to the NLRC / 4TT being rained off the recently arranged Rye House fixture has been cancelled. We will be at Rye House next time.

So is there no chance at all then of the suggested meeting at Lydd - see following link

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=56826

With the 17th. now free I wondered if this was in any way back on as a possibility..? :unsure:

Have Malcolm call me! 07751 708203! I dont have his number. Anything is possible!

Last night was amazing- the travellers never expected more than small points hauls at a place like Sheffield, but Castro, Burmeister and Starks (in his first UK ride) were on the PL pace. We got a great welcome and Ryan Fisher led the unofficial team USA brilliantly!

Is there anyone going to the Plymouth meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Less than a week now to the meeting at Arena Essex (Lakeside).

Young Hammers will apparently include Lubos Tomicek, Shane Hazelden, Ben Morley and two riders I have to say I've not heard of previously, both French lads: Xavier Muratet & David Bellego. A shame Marc misses out through injury and ditto Jerran... :cry:

What's the expected USA line-up..? :unsure:

This meeting is followed by the London Riders Champs - see

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=58072&pid=1807008&st=0entry1807008

for that thread.

Not a classic by any means.

Plymouth had added extra strength in the shape of Kyle Hughes,and some inexperienced riders for USA.

It wasnt until around HT11 that the visitors found their feet,and competed hard from then on.Bike problems and lack of track knowledge? Im not sure,probably both.

Burmeister was the obvious star.Led Ht1 for a while before locking up and letting Glanz through.A lap later,did the same thing and let Pickard through.Trying too hard was how we felt.

Sauer struggled,similar in build and style to McConnell.

Stark was very lively,examining the grass and safety fence on the same turn! Rode better than his points return.An exciting future ahead for this lad.

McConnell largely disappointed.Stylish as ever but only on the pace at the end.

Castro was all action,never say die.Got himself into some strange shapes,when discretion was perhaps the order of the day.

Marquez stayed in there,and picked his points without really threatening.

Buman never really got to grips with it.

Scorers:

PLYMOUTH

Glanz 3,3,2',1' = 9+2

Pickard 2',2',3,3,3 = 13+2

Simmonds 3,2',2',3 = 10+2

Stephens FX,3,3,3 = 9

Hughes 3,3,3,2 = 11

Bates 3,2',1,1,FX = 7+1

Reade 1,1,2',1, 5+1

USA

Burmeister 1,1,4,3,2 = 11

Sauer 0,0,0 = 0

Starks 2,1,1,FX,1' = 5+1

McConnell FX 0,0,2 = 2

Castro 2,1,1,FX = 4

Marquez 2,0,1,0,2 = 5

Buman 0,0,0,0 = 0

Ht13 was probably the pick of the bunch.Rerun after Castro FX.Burmeister led from the start,with Glanz and Hughes all over him,inside and out.The Devils seemed to be racing each other! Hughes finally got by Glanz and set after Tyson,but too late.

Best wishes to Matt Bates after his nasty fall in Ht15.Hit the fence very hard with his back coming off turn 4.

MoM for me was Jaimie Pickard.Hard and fast all night,even coming from the back on several occasions.Well deserved Paid Maximum.

Write these guys off at you peril,as I think they are going to get better as the tour unfolds.

Looking forward to Weymouth tonight.Good Luck to everyone concerned.

Plymouth had added extra strength in the shape of Kyle Hughes,and some inexperienced riders for USA.

Hmm, judging by the indiv scores and resultant match score, the decision to draft in Hughes to strenghen up was a rather ill-judged move... :neutral:

Can anyone provide heat details from match Plymouth - USA?

Not a classic by any means.

It wasnt until around HT11 that the visitors found their feet,and competed hard from then on.Bike problems and lack of track knowledge? Im not sure,probably both.

Burmeister was the obvious star.Led Ht1 for a while before locking up and letting Glanz through.A lap later,did the same thing and let Pickard through.Trying too hard was how we felt.

Sauer struggled,similar in build and style to McConnell.

Stark was very lively,examining the grass and safety fence on the same turn! Rode better than his points return.An exciting future ahead for this lad.

McConnell largely disappointed.Stylish as ever but only on the pace at the end.

Castro was all action,never say die.Got himself into some strange shapes,when discretion was perhaps the order of the day.

Marquez stayed in there,and picked his points without really threatening.

Buman never really got to grips with it.

Scorers:

PLYMOUTH

Glanz 3,3,2',1' = 9+2

Pickard 2',2',3,3,3 = 13+2

Simmonds 3,2',2',3 = 10+2

Stephens FX,3,3,3 = 9

Hughes 3,3,3,2 = 11

Bates 3,2',1,1,FX = 7+1

Reade 1,1,2',1, 5+1

USA

Burmeister 1,1,4,3,2 = 11

Sauer 0,0,0 = 0

Starks 2,1,1,FX,1' = 5+1

McConnell FX 0,0,2 = 2

Castro 2,1,1,FX = 4

Marquez 2,0,1,0,2 = 5

Buman 0,0,0,0 = 0

Ht13 was probably the pick of the bunch.Rerun after Castro FX.Burmeister led from the start,with Glanz and Hughes all over him,inside and out.The Devils seemed to be racing each other! Hughes finally got by Glanz and set after Tyson,but too late.

Best wishes to Matt Bates after his nasty fall in Ht15.Hit the fence very hard with his back coming off turn 4.

MoM for me was Jaimie Pickard.Hard and fast all night,even coming from the back on several occasions.Well deserved Paid Maximum.

Write these guys off at you peril,as I think they are going to get better as the tour unfolds.

Looking forward to Weymouth tonight.Good Luck to everyone concerned.

It is either a tribute to the organising and marketing skills of Steve Evans , or an indicator of the short sightedness of the British promoters. That these USA touring teams manage to arrange so many fixtures over the course of a short tour, while the management of team viking (on paper a far superior product ) find it difficult to arrange more than a few dates with long gaps in between . yet from their few fixtures 3 riders have been signed to british clubs and a lot more have shown the potential and willingness to do so

No chances for heats details? :(

It is either a tribute to the organising and marketing skills of Steve Evans , or an indicator of the short sightedness of the British promoters. That these USA touring teams manage to arrange so many fixtures over the course of a short tour, while the management of team viking (on paper a far superior product ) find it difficult to arrange more than a few dates with long gaps in between . yet from their few fixtures 3 riders have been signed to british clubs and a lot more have shown the potential and willingness to do so

Steve does an excellent job of putting this tour together, ably assisted by Romie (Mrs Castro) and yes, its a bit scary waiting for the schedule.

We (and yes I include myself in this) put a lot of effort into these tours but have an absolute fantastic time doing them.

This year we have our driver Colin who has done more miles than all of Eddie Stobbarts drivers put together!

We have Andy Hale and Tricia - Andy is loading and unloading bikes like there is no tomorrow and driving around Manchester without a sat Nav!!!! Whilst Tricia gives up her driveway, the street and her washing line to help the boys scrub up ready for the next meeting!!

Laurence Rogers - seems to fit 10 working days into 7!

Whilst Lora and I potter around selling bits and pieces and cheering on the magnificent 7.

Then there are of course the British (and American) mechanics that seem to come out of the woodwork just when you need them.

I love doing these tours - they are very hard work, getting home at 2am and up at 7am for work - but what we get back from the experience time after time after time is worth it so very much.

We all love them but couldn't do more than 2 a year!!!icon_lol.gificon_smile_wink.gif

No chances for heats details? :(

Sorry Vicar - I woz there - but don't have time to keep a programme at these meetings. Hope someone else can help.

Edited by Sandie

You have to look at it as the Dream Team now Touring Team has a 5 year head start on Team Viking with a good track record in the UK.When the Dream Team first set sights on the UK it was through making friends that we ever even got to be on the shores racing at all.The British fans wanted us and we wanted to entertain them.

Also you might want to check your facts as to Team Viking being superior to the Dream Team. I believe we beat them at Newcastle.

Edited by TMGracing

Thanks to all the fans and tracks who made us feel very welcome on this tour. The team on and off the track had very goods chemistry and although there are always bumps and challenges things ran very well thanks to the crew who backed it up so well.

We will be back, most likely Easter 2011 with an autumn tour planned also, most likely out of the UK.

See you all soon and thanks.