British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marty

South Australian U/16 State Title

Jason STORMIN Norman the hot favourite for this meeting & the upcoming Australian Championship in January put on a flawless display to take out the S.A. State Title. This was another great advertisement for junior speedway with all of the young riders putting on a great nights entertainment.To strengthen the field even more, 5 interstate riders made the long trip over to challenge for the Title.

After all the riders had completed their 5 qualifying heats, the 4 rider final was left to Norman (gate 1), Aaron Summers (gate 2), Jonathon Hepburn (gate 3) & Sam Martin (gate 4). As the tapes went up it was Martin who got a great start from 4, with a slim 1/2 a wheel lead going into the 3rd bend. But with Norman on the inside he was able to capitalize as they both went side by side down the back straight followed closely by Hepburn & Summers. Norman then lead with Martin tucked in behind & Hepburn all over Martin followed by Summers.The battle between Martin & Hepburn continued for another 2 laps when on the last lap Hepburn dived under Martin. With Martin going down heavily into the fence the race was stopped.The race was then declared by the ref with Hepburn being excluded. This left Norman to be the deserved winner & to execute a number of reverse donuts on his parade lap, followed by Martin with a strong performance & Summers who was on the pace all night & then Hepburn.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Hope Sam is ok after his fall Marty

While I'm at it good luck for the trip to Mildura next weekend for the junior titles. Even though I will be on your back doorstep when you aren't there I'll be thinking of you & Sam as I'm watching the racing at Gillman.

Are you flying to Adelaide Lunchy ???

Sams fine, was winded & had some sore ribs.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Yes I am flying over Marty. At $99 each way it's not much more than fuel would cost me and with the time saving and wanting to be relatively fresh for work on Monday it's a real no brainer of a decision.

The only down side is I miss out on a coffee at a cafe on the way !!

Good to hear Sam's ok Marty and congrats to him on his showing in the State title....have you got the full finishing order?

As for you Lunchy....flying to and fro Adelaide huh? Alright for some...I'll be travelling down with Matt Jones by road! Looking forward to catching up with you again. Trust you'll be going to Bordertown on Dec 20th?

Guest Sir Lunchalot
As for you Lunchy....flying to and fro Adelaide huh? Alright for some...I'll be travelling down with Matt Jones by road! Looking forward to catching up with you again. Trust you'll be going to Bordertown on Dec 20th?

Will be good to catch up again Bryn. Hope the weather is good this week, I put the dampeners on the last meeting I tried to go to and had to stay in and watch the Rugby instead.

As for Bordertown I wouldn't miss it for quids !! The only downside is for some strange reason I've been told I have to personally deliver a six pack of Bundy & Coke to the announcer at the meeting to keep him happy. :shock::oops:

As for Bordertown I wouldn't miss it for quids !! The only downside is for some strange reason I've been told I have to personally deliver a six pack of Bundy & Coke to the announcer at the meeting to keep him happy.  :shock:  :oops:

Don't give them to him until after the meeting B):D