British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish 2011 Season

rule changes for next season:

• only 15 heats new average system with heat averages instead of meeting averages. Averages are calculated by dividing points with heats.

Why??? what is the benefit of referring to averages on a heat basis? In my eyes it only dilutes comprehension of the scale of differences between riders. Hell why not further divide the heat average by a factor of ten to close up the differences even more. Pretty soon most riders will have the same average to the 'nth decimal place ;)

On a more concerning note, are all tracks secure? Will there be any missing next year and is there any possibility of last minute closures? Every time i've seen swedish speedway the crowds have looked heart warmingly fine but apparently that hasn't prevented finacial difficulties for some.

Why??? what is the benefit of referring to averages on a heat basis? In my eyes it only dilutes comprehension of the scale of differences between riders. Hell why not further divide the heat average by a factor of ten to close up the differences even more. Pretty soon most riders will have the same average to the 'nth decimal place ;)

On a more concerning note, are all tracks secure? Will there be any missing next year and is there any possibility of last minute closures? Every time i've seen swedish speedway the crowds have looked heart warmingly fine but apparently that hasn't prevented finacial difficulties for some.

i dont know the reason for the new average system.

about the second question. no as for now no tracks are endangered and there is actually a new track being built even though the 500cc track probably wont be finished until the 2012 season.

Regarding the teams obviously teams like Valsarna, Solkatterna and Griparna are far from 100% safe and in a slightly longer perspective i think Lejonen and Piraterna

have some serious work ahead of them to get things going in the right direction. Neither Solkatterna or Griparna have been granted the required license but from what i understand

(wtothout knowing exactly) Griparna have manage to lower their debts.

Spectator wise the attendances has decreased but that is the case for all major team sports in Sweden. All teams except Valsarna and Rospigagrna had an average of atleast 2100 attenders/meeting.

The attendance average for all 9 teams combined are about 2600 attenders/meeting.

Honestly i think Valsarna will have the same problems next season as this season since they hardly will be able to sign any better rider then they had and without any better riders the spectators will stay at home.

Why???

Because they are idiots?

what is the benefit of referring to averages on a heat basis?

I guess it would be easier to explain instead of a heat average multiplicated with 4, so in reality.....none.

In my eyes it only dilutes comprehension of the scale of differences between riders.

Exactly! Thank you!

This doesn't do anything to make things better. It's just stupid! God, I'm furious! :mad:

Hans ans PK have both been disappointing for Dackarna this season, but their averages didn't drop by much?

Hans ans PK have both been disappointing for Dackarna this season, but their averages didn't drop by much?

Hans down to 6.38 from 6.50, PK fell to 4.68 from 5.36 :)

Masarna/gasarna have contracted the following riders for next season:

1. Eric Andersson
  2. Pontus Aspgren
  3. Anton Rosén
  4. Fredrik Andersson
  5. Alexander Söderholm.
  6. Sebastian Aldén
  7. Andreas Westlund

Some good news regarding Valsarna. A private financier have paid their debts and reports are that it is also looking better when it comes to sponsors.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Piraterna have re-signed Rafal Dobrucki andthey have also signed Anton Rosén as a guestrider.

According to the same article Lee Richardson have signed with a team but its not known which team it is yet.

Lee Richardson have signed with Vargarna. This means that Vargarna only have room for one more rider.

Edited by Ghostwalker