British Speedway Forum
Killer Cat from Mars

Buxton Hitmen Vs Dudley Heathens - Sunday 10th October

Thanks for that, will link to it from the updates site.

Full scores from todays thrilling cup tie courtesy of the Buxton Facebook page. Congrats to the Hitmen on getting the job done.....just! :D

Buxton Hitmen 45

Ashley Birks 100 = 1

Nick Morris R/R

Jonathon Bethell 1310 = 5

Robert Branford 323321 = 14+1

Adam Allott 303210 = 9

Lewis Dallaway 3RR1 = 4+1

Jason Garrity 231123R = 12+1

Dudley Heathens 48

Lee Smart R/R

Micky Dyer 01212 = 6+1

Tom Perry 00112 = 4+1

Jake Anderson 223333 = 16

Barrie Evans 226232 = 17+1

Ashley Morris 1201fex = 4+2

Richard Franklin 010 = 1+1

Heat 1: Allott, Evans, Birks, Dyer(F/rem). 56.7. 4-2

Heat 2: Dallaway, Garrity, Morris, Franklin. 58.2. 5-1 (9-3)

Heat 3: Branford, Anderson, Bethell, Perry. 59.7. 4-2. (13-5)

Heat 4: Garrity, Evans, Franklin, Allott. 59.0. 3-3. (16-8)

Heat 5: Bethell, Branford, Dyer, Perry. 59.2. 5-1. (21-9)

Heat 6: EVANS, Morris, Garrity, Birks. 57.5. 1-8. (22-17)

Heat 7: Allott, Anderson. Perry. Dallaway(Ret). 56.2. 3-3. (25-20)

Heat 8: Branford, Dyer, Garrity, Franklin. 57.2. 4-2. (29-22)

Heat 9: Branford, Evans, Bethell, Morris. 56.8. 4-2. (33-24)

Heat 10: Anderson, Garrity, Perry, Birks. 56.7. 2-4. (35-28)

Heat 11: Anderson, Allott, Dyer, Dallaway. 56.8. 2-4. (37-32)

Heat 12: (2nd Re-run) Garrity, Perry, Morris, Bethell. 56.0. 3-3. (40-35)

Heat 13: Evans, Dyer, Allott, Garrity(Ret). 56.6. 1-5. (41-40)

Heat 14: (Re-run) Anderson, Branford, Dallaway, Morris(F/ex). 56.5. 3-3. (44-43)

Heat 15: Anderson, Evans, Branford, Allott. 56.7. 1-5. (45-48)

Buxton win 92-91 on aggregate and progress to the final

A big well done to all at Buxton, and indeed to Dudley for very nearly overcoming the 1st Leg deficit. It was always going to be tough match today but I didn't think it would be that close. Well done to Robert B who had a crash on Friday and looked doubtful for today but came back with a great score.

Edited by Great Central

Really enjoyed my first visit to Buxton, exciting match with Dudley looking out of it early on. A great fight back to win the match and nearly took the tie as well! Good atmosphere created by the Dudley fans, well done to both teams. :)

Gutted to go so close and miss out but congrats and best wishes to Buxton. Good to see Evans and Anderson in the points because they have come in for some criticism, rightly so, lately.

I have said elsewhere on this forum that I have the greatest respect for Jayne & Richard Moss and what they achieve at Buxton but just don't like the track there and yesterdays meeting was a classic example.

Although the meeting was exciting thanks to the closeness of the scores and the way that the Heathens came back from the dead, virtually every race was decided by the second bend.

:(

Good to see Barrie back among the points (and a smile on his face and being cheeky to boot :approve: ). The absence of Cook and Morris made that easier (although on his last visit there he beat both of them) but the way things are going he was having trouble beating anyone as witnessed by recent displays. Just goes to show that on reasonable equipment he is a force to reckoned with.

What everyone might not be aware of was that in warming up his first choice bike he noticed filings in the oil, which apparently is a sign of a big end blow up. He switched to his other machine, not a good start for a rider already low on confidence.

Nice couple of touches during the meeting: Barrie asking Jack Lee if he was replacing Adam Allott as Jason Garrity was wearing the wrong helmet colour, Garrity's genuine enquiry after Ashley Morris had fallen, and Gary Patchett's recognition of his teams battling display. :approve:

What exactly don't you like about the track Halifaxtiger?

The shape,location,size or what? Buxton has provided some of the best racing I have seen in my 50 years of speedway viewing.

I am grateful that Jayne and Richard continue to provide the facilities at Buxton and consider it the most pleasant track in the world!

I have never raced a speedway bike, but know plenty who have and have heard no more complaints about Buxton than any other track. It may have a strange camber here and there, but considering its location I am not entirely surprised by this!

On yesterdays meeting, I was surprised at how close the score was at the end as I expected Buxton to make it easier than they did.

Dudley provided a good meeting overall, and the travelling fans made for a great atmosphere. Jake Anderson impressed me and Micky Dyer tried hard for his points and may do better next time he is at Buxton.

What exactly don't you like about the track Halifaxtiger?

The shape,location,size or what? Buxton has provided some of the best racing I have seen in my 50 years of speedway viewing.

I am grateful that Jayne and Richard continue to provide the facilities at Buxton and consider it the most pleasant track in the world!

I have never raced a speedway bike, but know plenty who have and have heard no more complaints about Buxton than any other track. It may have a strange camber here and there, but considering its location I am not entirely surprised by this!

On yesterdays meeting, I was surprised at how close the score was at the end as I expected Buxton to make it easier than they did.

Dudley provided a good meeting overall, and the travelling fans made for a great atmosphere. Jake Anderson impressed me and Micky Dyer tried hard for his points and may do better next time he is at Buxton.

Scunthorpe is my favourite track and in polls on this forum it is usually a runaway winner for that accolade.

Superb location if you come prepared :D

Its not so much that I don't like the track as the quality of racing that you see there. Yesterday, I can only recall one decent race with the rest almost always being decided after the second corner andd that's somewhat been my experience over 12 or 13 visits to Hi Edge. The sadness is it is a little over an hour from my home and I'd visit a lot more often if the the racing were better.

As I have said, I have profound respect for Jayne & Richard Moss. I don't think anyone fools themselves that the place is run on anything but a shoestring with huge amount of effort going in and that deserves a lot of credit. In addition, I rarely disagree with Jayne's honest and objective comments on here. :approve:

Floating supporters like myself (at the moment, anyway) need an incentive to go to a track and, aside from the fact that Barrie Evans might be riding, at least as far as I am concerned there isn't much to go to Buxton. :(

i think the current buxton track is a better circuit than the previous one in the stock car stadium. that track with it's tight turns was a sight to see! :shock:

Agree with those comments from HalifaxTiger. Very difficult track to pass on. Heathens riders have been terrible at gating all season but mastered the art of coming from the back brilliantly for such a young bunch of lads. You could see Micky Dyer, Ashley Morris & Tom Perry in particular all trying to battle from the back and just not getting anywhere.

Great that the promotion can keep the club going and it's a stunning location, but the racing does leave a lot to be desired in my opinion too.

Agree with those comments from HalifaxTiger. Very difficult track to pass on. Heathens riders have been terrible at gating all season but mastered the art of coming from the back brilliantly for such a young bunch of lads. You could see Micky Dyer, Ashley Morris & Tom Perry in particular all trying to battle from the back and just not getting anywhere.

Great that the promotion can keep the club going and it's a stunning location, but the racing does leave a lot to be desired in my opinion too.

Could do with some banking

I agree that the Buxton Track is not conductive to "Good Racing" beutiful location, lovely little set up, and an example to Tracks of how to run on a budget, however the Track itself especially when it is Heavily watered does not provide much oportunity for passing, for what ever reason once the 1st and 2nd bends on first lap have been completed, there seems only one line and that is inside to mid track,if you move off that mid track line, then invariably you seem to end up in the safety fence, ask Micky Dyer, Ash morris, and Tom perry and perhaps lewis dallaway for Buxton.

James Wright never found it difficult to pass at Buxton. Also, this year Cook, Morris, Branford and Garrity can pass for fun. Every track has it´s off days, with boring FTG meetings - even Scunny had one last week, and that´s as rare as rocking horse crap