Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Pride Of The East

It's under a week to go... has the full line-up actually been released yet?

I too will not be attending this one as have other plans in place that night, so that make the Newcastle meeting my last one and I for one will be pleased that this dreadful season comes to a close. Roll on 2011

Not going to the NL KOC final on the 27th?...

It's under a week to go... has the full line-up actually been released yet?

Not as far as I know, Lorna, no. I'm not expecting a line up until Wednesday. It maybe mentioned in the programme or something?

Considering people tend to plan ahead, its better to announce line-ups in advance to give people a chance to decide if it's worth making the trip for. I'm going to try and go Wednesday so will see what prog says.

Bit stupid that the line-up hasn't been released yet.

Like others have mentioned, I'm at the City v M'boro game on Saturday but will rush back to take in the meeting IF the line-up makes it worthwhile. Not going to rush back and incur the wrath of the Mrs unless it's worth it :wink:

Bit hard to make that call though when nobody knows who the hell is riding. Kind of sums up our season really :rolleyes:

The obvious ones will be in IMO

Kevin Doolan

Tomas Topinka

Kozza Smith

Lasse Bjerre

Adam Roynon

Olly Allen

Chris Mills

Maybe add

Darren Mallett

Simon Lambert

Jan Graversen

Casper Wortmann

Chris Schramm Will be at Rye Or Berwick results from Friday pending

Craig Cook

Rusty Harrison

David Howe Will be at Rye Or Berwick results from Friday pending

Adam Allott

Outside inclusions could be

James Brundle

Simon Stead

Davey Watt

Scott Nicholls

Craig Watson

Apart from those can't see any of the top EL riders wanting to bother

Edited by screamer

The obvious ones will be in IMO

Kevin Doolan

Tomas Topinka

Kozza Smith

Lasse Bjerre

Adam Roynon

Olly Allen

Chris Mills

Maybe add

Darren Mallett

Simon Lambert

Jan Graversen

Casper Wortmann

Chris Schramm

Craig Cook

Rusty Harrison

David Howe

Adam Allott

Outside inclusions could be

James Brundle

Simon Stead

Davey Watt

Scott Nicholls

Craig Watson

Apart from those can't see any of the top EL riders wanting to bother

I did think about Harrison, Schramm and Wortmann but they could be tied up with the Young Shield Final against Rye House (if they get through on Friday). Watt may be reluctant to ride with the KO Cup against Eastbourne the day afterwards. I was hoping for the likes of Proctor, Fisher, McGowan, Howe and Parker but they are lining up in the Bordernapolis at Berwick the same night.

I do understand the issues the promotion are having getting a line-up together, especially with the fixtures a bit all over the place, but it doesn't bode well for attracting a decent crowd for the meeting.

Guess I'm still a bit old skool and remember when Pride of the East was one of, if not the biggest, meeting in our season. A top class line-up in front of a bumper crowd. I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see either this year :cry:

Guess I'm still a bit old skool and remember when Pride of the East was one of, if not the biggest, meeting in our season. A top class line-up in front of a bumper crowd. I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see either this year

Don't worry ajh, you're not alone, my dad thinks back to those days with regards to this meeting too. How times have changed! As I said before, we won't be going unless the line up is worth going for.

Don't worry ajh, you're not alone, my dad thinks back to those days with regards to this meeting too. How times have changed! As I said before, we won't be going unless the line up is worth going for.

Meeting cancelled according to to tonight's live updates from the Norfolk Arena

Meeting cancelled according to to tonight's live updates from the Norfolk Arena

No reason given on updates but then again maybe another early call off because the forecast is rubbish for Saturday. Either way I'm not fussed, seeings tho a line up hadn't even been announced yet with only three days until the meeting was taking place!!! :rolleyes:

Meeting has been cancelled, proposed lineup was...

Kevin Doolan

Olly Allen

Tomas Topinka

Lasse Bjerre

Kozza Smith

Chris Mills

Adam Roynon

Ben Barker

David Howe

Jason Lyons

Jan Graversen

Ricky Wells

Chris Kerr

Simon Lambert

Taylor Poole

Darren Mallet

Doesn't matter though now!

How disappointing is that :(

What that proposed line up?? I'll say!! Glad it has been cancelled if that's all they can muster for a once showpiece KL meeting! Dear oh dear!! :blink:

I think the right decision has been made in the end. That line-up was nowhere fitting for the Pride of the East and with supposedly a further 3 pull outs from the list above, it would of been even worse on the night.

Disappointing but credit to the Chapman's for making a good call.

I think it would probably be better to hold it at the start of the season in future. Polish and Swedish leagues don't start till later and most riders are glad of meetings to blow away the cobwebs. Ok, it's not the end of season finale that it normally is but you probably stand a better chance of getting a decent line-up that way.

I think the right decision has been made in the end. That line-up was nowhere fitting for the Pride of the East and with supposedly a further 3 pull outs from the list above, it would of been even worse on the night.

Disappointing but credit to the Chapman's for making a good call.

I think it would probably be better to hold it at the start of the season in future. Polish and Swedish leagues don't start till later and most riders are glad of meetings to blow away the cobwebs. Ok, it's not the end of season finale that it normally is but you probably stand a better chance of getting a decent line-up that way.

Not a good call if you are a 7 year old who was desperate to go to some Speedway at Lynn, AJH. Unfortunately speedway at Lynn is no longer family friendly ( for family read schoolchildren), with meetings not being run at a time that kids can go. Its been really impossible to attend this year, what with cancellations & postponements during school holidays, and no speedway at Lynn on any bank holidays. We actually managed to get to Lynn once this year, which is a major disappointment to us all here.